VR Developer2017 - 2018Secret Location
- Designed and implemented a VR interoperable UI/input platform which reduced the codebase by 25%, improved the framerate to acceptable levels, and reduced the app startup by four seconds.
- Created a cryptographic DRM SDK for a blockchain platform which ensured extensibility, security, and obfuscation.
- Designed and implemented systems for the management and communication of LBE devices. This included automated library management, hardware monitoring and reporting, a hardware-accelerated visual overlay for multiple VR platforms, as well as a high-performance remote messaging service for the platform.
VR Developer2016 - 2016Fast Motion Studios
Technologies: Google Daydream, Google Cardboard, Motion Capture, UDP, TCP, C++, C#
- Merged an OptiTrack motion capture stream with Google Cardboard sensors to create a multiplayer low-latency, warehouse-scale VR platform.
- Implemented a standalone PhysX manager that merged kinematic MoCap-tracked rigid bodies with virtually generated objects.
- Optimized the networking to ensure an optimal throughput through a local network and minimal latency.
- Implemented a sensor fusion using IMU readings from the headset and network-latent corrections from MoCap software.
- Developed VR gloves for interacting with objects in the world. These would communicate with the system through frequency modulated infrared LEDs.
Lead Android Developer2014 - 2015MixItMedia
Technologies: Bluetooth Beacons, Augmented Reality (AR), Java, GPS, C++, Android
- Developed a location-driven interactive story-telling platform with augmented reality components; it's similar to Pokémon Go, two years before it was released. The same system was used to create a tour guide application for a City of Toronto event.
- Integrated custom 2D UI designs into a fully animated Android UI.
- Added content streaming which included voice-overs, videos, and subtitles.
- Integrated Bluetooth beacon support for hidden object integrations.
- Added a ghost catching minigame where a ghost would float around you and required you to capture it with your camera.