Verified Expert in Engineering
Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
Dante is a generalist software engineer who specializes in VR development and systems design. He has a strong theoretical background that enables him to build ambitious projects such as warehouse-scaled VR platforms and high-scale distributed systems. On the whole, Dante is passionate about empowering people through technology.
Git, JetBrains, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was pioneering a warehouse-scale VR system using MoCap and Google Cardboard. Sometimes it really felt like you were in space.
- Designed and implemented a VR interoperable UI/input platform which reduced the codebase by 25%, improved the framerate to acceptable levels, and reduced the app startup by four seconds.
- Created a cryptographic DRM SDK for a blockchain platform which ensured extensibility, security, and obfuscation.
- Designed and implemented systems for the management and communication of LBE devices. This included automated library management, hardware monitoring and reporting, a hardware-accelerated visual overlay for multiple VR platforms, as well as a high-performance remote messaging service for the platform.
Fast Motion Studios
- Merged an OptiTrack motion capture stream with Google Cardboard sensors to create a multiplayer low-latency, warehouse-scale VR platform.
- Implemented a standalone PhysX manager that merged kinematic MoCap-tracked rigid bodies with virtually generated objects.
- Optimized the networking to ensure an optimal throughput through a local network and minimal latency.
- Implemented a sensor fusion using IMU readings from the headset and network-latent corrections from MoCap software.
- Developed VR gloves for interacting with objects in the world. These would communicate with the system through frequency modulated infrared LEDs.
Lead Android Developer
- Developed a location-driven interactive story-telling platform with augmented reality components; it's similar to Pokémon Go, two years before it was released. The same system was used to create a tour guide application for a City of Toronto event.
- Integrated custom 2D UI designs into a fully animated Android UI.
- Added content streaming which included voice-overs, videos, and subtitles.
- Integrated Bluetooth beacon support for hidden object integrations.
- Added a ghost catching minigame where a ghost would float around you and required you to capture it with your camera.
Mesh Deformations in Unityhttps://github.com/MHDante/UnitySoftbodies/blob/master/Assets/Scripts/MsdEcs.cs
NYT VR App
I worked on the UI and streaming optimization which improved the user tracking and reduced the load times by 80%.
Unity, .NET, Angular, Monogame, Unreal Engine 4, gRPC
Windows, SteamVR, Oculus, Google VR, Android, Win32, Firebase, Google Daydream, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Virtual Reality (VR), Algorithms, Augmented Reality (AR), OpenVR, Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), UDP, Motion Capture, Google Cardboard, GPS, Bluetooth Beacons, Compilers
Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
DirectX, OpenGL, ReactiveX
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Ryerson University - Toronto, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring