Software Developer2011 - PRESENTDegreed
Technologies: SignalR, Redis, Oracle Service Bus, ASP.NET MVC, C#, Azure
- Designed the architecture and layout of the entire codebase.
- Wrote much of the original code that powers our SaaS product and is the foundation on which the entire engineering organization is built.
- Designed and implemented foundational components such as data access, caching, encryption, and security controls to help the team scale using scalable patterns.
- Helped scale the Degreed team to hundreds strong and over $100 million in funding.
- Improved engineering efficiency by introducing advanced CI/CD, build automation, application monitoring, and alerting solutions.
- Designed and implemented a single sign-on (SSO) solution built on SAML 2.0 that acts both as an identity provider and service provider.
Senior Technical Lead2012 - 2014Syncromatics
Technologies: NHibernate, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Redis, ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Created a real-time arrival prediction engine for transit vehicles (e.g., Where's my bus?). The engine was built using C# Task Parallel Library and was fully asynchronous.
- Migrated legacy hardware platform software onto new hardware. Created a hardware abstraction and services layer to decouple application logic from the hardware.
- Led development efforts for the entire company. Helped hire and bring on new talent and make them effective team members.
- Streamlined infrastructure and dependencies on external frameworks and tools that were put in place before I arrived. Nearly halved the existing production infrastructure by improving its code efficiency.
- Worked on making a robust, always-on, cellular connection via 3G radio on a device. This included making sure to follow proper cool-down and retry logic as well as error handling to ensure its continuous operation.
Software Developer II2009 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: WiX, Windows PowerShell, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Mentored more than half a dozen new team members to help grow a new development center for Microsoft from fewer than ten members to more than sixty.
- Worked on MED-V (enterprise desktop virtualization) to virtualize applications that don't work on newer versions of Windows to create a seamless environment for users.
- Created a dynamic product installer using WiX that generated installation packages consisting of a compressed virtual hard disk. These packages were then installed on end-users' workstations that contained a virtualized environment with their legacy applications.
- Helped product managers define new product for Microsoft, UE-V (user experience virtualization) that seamlessly migrated settings between machines. Worked on a management team to define IT workflow and helped write product that captured the settings and configuration that a piece of software used in order to virtualize.
- Conceived and prototyped several new product concepts for Microsoft. Several patents were considered from research.