- Software Developer2011 - PRESENTDegreed
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, Azure, Service Bus, Redis, SignalR
- Led an effort, as first technical team member, to rewrite the entire site and put into place solid development practices where others could contribute with confidence.
- Built a site on an Azure platform. The entire infrastructure was built in the cloud, from the build environment to staging and production. Every team member only needs to pull down the code and build for the project to be up and running.
- Helped lead integration efforts with partners such as Microsoft VIrtual Academy, PexCards (Visa credit cards for corporate learning) and other online learning providers..
- Helped to grow the team and product. The team has raised nearly $3M to date from notable investors such as Mark Cuban.
- Recently built a clustered Elasticsearch, faceted search system to allow users to find the best and most relevant learning content out there.
- Senior Technical Lead2012 - 2014Syncromatics
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, Redis, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, NHibernate
- Created a real-time arrival prediction engine for transit vehicles (e.g., Where's my bus?). The engine was built using C# Task Parallel Library and was fully asynchronous.
- Migrated legacy hardware platform software onto new hardware. Created a hardware abstraction and services layer to decouple application logic from the hardware.
- Led development efforts for the entire company. Helped hire and bring on new talent and make them effective team members.
- Streamlined infrastructure and dependencies on external frameworks and tools that were put in place before I arrived. Nearly halved the existing production infrastructure by improving its code efficiency.
- Worked on making a robust, always-on, cellular connection via 3G radio on a device. This included making sure to follow proper cool-down and retry logic as well as error handling to ensure its continuous operation.
- Software Developer II2009 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: C#, WPF, PowerShell, WiX
- Mentored more than half a dozen new team members to help grow a new development center for Microsoft from fewer than ten members to more than sixty.
- Worked on MED-V (enterprise desktop virtualization) to virtualize applications that don't work on newer versions of Windows to create a seamless environment for users.
- Created a dynamic product installer using WiX that generated installation packages consisting of a compressed virtual hard disk. These packages were then installed on end-users' workstations that contained a virtualized environment with their legacy applications.
- Helped product managers define new product for Microsoft, UE-V (user experience virtualization) that seamlessly migrated settings between machines. Worked on a management team to define IT workflow and helped write product that captured the settings and configuration that a piece of software used in order to virtualize.
- Conceived and prototyped several new product concepts for Microsoft. Several patents were considered from research.