Senior Data Scientist2019 - PRESENTAgency Enterprise Studio
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, Poetry, Pytest, Flask, Scikit-learn, SciPy, Linux, Jupyter, Amazon SageMaker, AWS, OpenCV, Python
- Used computer vision to read and process the results of at-home wellness tests which improved algorithm performance by more than 190%.
- Designed a complete strategy for image moderation of user-uploaded content for one client, and built an MVP implementation for a number of the components.
- Implemented a computer vision algorithm for finding, deskewing, and cropping a client product within user-uploaded images.
AI Developer | Data Scientist2018 - 2019Self Employed
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Tesseract, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python
- Filled a role as interim CTO for an AI startup focused on processing medical and legal documents using computer vision and natural language processing.
- Helped guide the company’s machine learning approach.
- Taught development best practices and how to reduce technical debt to their development team.
- Advised on how to comply with the technical requirements of HIPAA.
Co-founder | Chief Data Scientist2016 - 2018California Data Science
Technologies: Keras, TensorFlow, Python, Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Data Science
- Hired and led a team of data scientists to build AI products for the data center industry.
- Built a product based on machine learning, simulation, and optimization which optimizes energy consumption by the cooling system of data centers.
- Implemented predictive maintenance tools using machine learning.
- Contributed to every part of the process of creating, operating, and growing a small startup.
Freelance Senior Python Developer with Machine Learning Experience2016 - 2017Bractlet (via Toptal)
Technologies: NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Machine Learning, Python
- Developed a Python application which uses machine learning to calibrate time-intensive physics-based energy models using the fewest number of simulations as possible.
Data Scientist2016 - 2017Youbeo, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Git, Jupyter Notebook, Scikit-learn, Python
- Subcontracted on a variety of data science projects.
- Worked with machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Analyzed and processed Internet of Things sensor data.
- Built analytics services deployed on AWS.
Freelance Data Science Consultant2016 - 2017Freelance Work
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Linux, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Git, Jupyter Notebook, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Python
- Helped small companies and startups take advantage of their data.
- Created predictive models using machine learning.
- Built web service-based data analytics products.
- Analyzed IoT big data.
- Worked with natural language processing with neural networks.
- Wrote classification and regression algorithms.
- Implemented time-series forecasting.
Senior Data Scientist2015 - 2016Bravi Software
Technologies: Weka, Docker, MongoDB, Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Scikit-learn, Python
- Used machine learning to build models predicting which university students are at risk of dropping out.
- Designed and built composite scales to evaluate students across a number of dimensions.
- Packaged the analytics platform inside a docker image accessible with a RESTful web API.
- Helped guide and teach junior members on the data science team.
- Worked closely with the design and software teams to ensure good integration with the analytics platform.
Software Developer2012 - 2015Way2 Technology
Technologies: Asynchronous I/O, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Mercurial, SQL, Visual Studio, C#
- Built a highly parallel and asynchronous platform to collect data from energy meters across Brazil.
- Developed the platform as a set of microservices using an actor-based design pattern.
- Implemented drivers using a variety of communication protocols to communicate with energy meters.
- Enforced clean code and unit testing practices to ensure quality software (working as a core member of the team).
- Worked as a scrum master to enable and facilitate my team through Agile development practices.
Physics Ph.D. Candidate | Researcher2006 - 2012Stanford University
Technologies: LabWindows/CVI, FPGA, Java, C++, LabVIEW, MATLAB
- Performed experimental and theoretical research into quantum computation using solid-state physics and quantum optics.
- Designed and executed experiments in the laboratory and analyzed the data results.
- Performed numerical simulations of complex quantum systems.
- Used maximum likelihood estimation and confidence intervals to determine quantum system parameters from experimental data.
- Built software and a dashboard to control multiple pieces of hardware and collect data.