- Data Science ConsultantFreelance Work2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Jupyter Notebook, Git, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Linux, AWS
- Helped small companies and startups take advantage of their data.
- Created predictive models using machine learning.
- Built web service-based data analytics products.
- Analyzed Internet of Things big data.
- Worked with natural language processing with neural networks.
- Wrote classification and regression algorithms.
- Did time-series forecasting.
- Data ScientistYoubeo, Inc.1016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, Git, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS
- Subcontracted on a variety of data science projects.
- Worked with machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Analyzed and processed Internet of Things sensor data.
- Built analytics services deployed on AWS.
- Senior Data ScientistBravi Software2015 - 2016
Technologies: Python, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, Linux, MongoDB, Docker, Weka
- Used machine learning to build models predicting which university students are at risk of dropping out.
- Designed and built composite scales to evaluate students across a number of dimensions.
- Packaged the analytics platform inside a docker image accessible with a RESTful webapi.
- Helped guide and teach junior members on the data science team.
- Worked closely with the design and software teams to ensure good integration with the analytics platform.
- Software DeveloperWay2 Technology2012 - 2015
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio, SQL, Asynchronous I/O, Mercurial, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Built a highly parallel and asynchronous platform to collect data from energy meters across Brazil.
- Developed the platform as a set of microservices using an actor-based design pattern.
- Implemented drivers using a variety of communication protocols to communicate with energy meters.
- Enforced clean code and unit testing practices to ensure quality software (working as a core member of the team).
- Worked as a Scrum Master, to enable and facilitate my team through Agile development practices.
- Physics PhD Candidate - ResearcherStanford University2006 - 2012
Technologies: MATLAB, LabVIEW, LabWindows, C++, Java, FPGA
- Performed experimental and theoretical research into quantum computation using solid-state physics and quantum optics.
- Designed and executed experiments in the laboratory and analyzed the data results.
- Performed numerical simulations of complex quantum systems.
- Used maximum likelihood estimation and confidence intervals to determine quantum system parameters from experimental data.
- Built software and a dashboard to control multiple pieces of hardware and collect data.