As a back-end developer, Dario takes pride in writing maintainable, succinct code, and he cares about automating things (CI and deployment). He's a huge fan of functional programming; he has coded in Haskell, Clojure, and other languages. He values FP because of how it helps to reason about code and write correct programs.
ExperienceLinux - 10 yearsPython - 6 yearsFunctional Programming - 4 yearsHaskell - 1 yearClojure - 1 year
Git, Mercurial, Emacs, Atom, NixOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded might be a regular expression matcher and generator for strings matching with the automata.
- Created a tool to automatically compare competitors' prices.
- Integrated the main app with a Salesforce back-end.
- Set up deployment of some colleagues' internal applications.
- Investigated app-runner inefficiencies, to shave several seconds off it.
- Prototyped a Purescript front-end.
- Migrated scrapers and code for data gathering to new systems, taking care of schema changes, new code, and dependencies.
- Wrote an internal automated reporting system that would present historical data in multiple formats.
- Handled AWS deployment, submitted upstream patches for the libraries in use, and reported vulnerabilities to vendors.
- Created a tool to scan a POSIX file system and aggregate data for post-exploitation.
- Created a conversion tool to recover source files from OracleForms XML.
- Created a parser for firewall rule files.
- Performed security assessments for both UK and multinational companies.
- Completed the internal training and curated/improved technical topics covered on the internal wiki.
- Managed the provisioning of the system.
- Wrote integration/acceptance tests.
- Rewrote a 15kLOC legacy Java application in 300 lines of Clojure.
- Deployed a Riemann instance and front-end for monitoring.
- Created Python and Haskell scripts to maintain the system and exchange the data among the legacy deployment/separate systems.
Mutagen Python3 Portinghttps://github.com/berdario/mutagen
Strings -n Implemented in 3 Lines of Pythonhttps://gist.github.com/berdario/114b2daf9b43fe924676
To Python 3 and Back Again: Is It Worth the Switch?
Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), MapReduce
Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Redis, Redshift, SQLite, Sphinx Search Engine, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
.NET, Selenium, Flask, JNI, Django
Atom, Emacs, Celery, LaTeX, Apache Maven, Travis CI, Jenkins, Git, Mercurial, bzr, Ansible
Burp Proxy, i18n, NixOS
B.S. Degree in Computer Engineering
Università degli studi di Bergamo - Bergamo, Italy