Lead DevOps Engineer2020 - 2022PitchStone Technology, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring Boot, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, Amazon Aurora, Linux, Ubuntu, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Bash Script, Continuous Deployment, AWS CloudFormation, Java, Apache JMeter, Bitbucket, Bash
- Used CloudFormation and infrastructure as code (IaC) principles to provision and maintain infrastructure. Utilized AWS ECS to run both scalable and highly available web services and short-running tasks. Migrated from MySQL to AWS Aurora.
- Architected and implemented Serverless Solutions for authentication, automation, and security using AWS Lambda. Implemented a custom monitoring and alerting system based on AWS CloudWatch, Lambda, Prometheus, and New Relic.
- Implemented a custom security framework and procedures based on AWS Security Hub, AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), ECR, Inspector, and Prowler.
- Designed and implemented disaster recovery automation and procedures.
Lead Engineer2016 - 2020Atlantbh
Technologies: OpenShift, Kubernetes, AWS DevOps, DevOps, Linux, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile Software Development, AWS Lambda, Continuous Integration (CI), Bash Script, Continuous Deployment, AWS CloudFormation, GitHub, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Automated Testing, CentOS, Nginx, Apache JMeter, Bash
- Performed the containerization of highly available and resilient microservice architecture to run it on the OpenShift platform.
- Planned, designed, and implemented pipelines for automatic building, testing, and deployment.
- Developed a robust architecture for logging, alerting, and monitoring services and infrastructure.
- Worked on enabling DevOps methodology across the whole team, where developers and QA engineers partnered closely with DevOps engineers and were comfortable configuring and scaling the infrastructure, running pipelines, and utilizing the monitoring stack.
AWS Continuous Build/Test/Deploy2017 - 2017Avail Health (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Jenkins, Node.js, Linux, Bash Script, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, Bash
- Set up a fully automated continuous integration system for a Node.js app using Jenkins on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Wrote the complete infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation.
- Implemented autoscaling of services based on application load.
DevOps Engineer2012 - 2016Freelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Node.js, Ruby, Vagrant, Docker, AWS, Linux, Bash Script, Continuous Deployment, GitHub, WordPress, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Automated Testing, Packer, CentOS, Nginx, Bitbucket, Bash
- Used Jenkins, Protractor, Mocha, and Grunt to build, test and deploy a Node.js app to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Created a high-availability auto-scalable environment for Magento on AWS.
- Wrote a Packer template and a Puppet module for automatic generation of server images for a Java service on AWS, DigitalOcean, Rackspace, OpenStack, and Docker.
- Automated a deployment procedure for Rails, Nginx, Sidekiq, Redis, and MongoDB app using Capistrano.
- Wrote a Web UI with Ruby and Sinatra for provisioning customized WordPress instances on AWS via Puppet.
Senior Engineer2011 - 2016Atlantbh
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ruby, Puppet, AWS, Linux, Ubuntu, Agile Software Development, AWS Lambda, Continuous Integration (CI), Bash Script, Continuous Deployment, AWS CloudFormation, GitHub, WordPress, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Automated Testing, Packer, CentOS, Nginx, Apache JMeter, Bash
- Developed infrastructure for continuous integration and delivery platform.
- Coordinated test-driven development efforts with multiple teams spanning the USA, Europe, and India.
- Wrote integration tests and executed integration testing and analysis.
- Provided performance testing and optimizing of AWS infrastructure.
- Integrated different open-source technologies into both the core product and internal operations.
- Improved existing and wrote new Puppet modules, including contributing to popular open-source modules.