Verified Expert in Engineering
Vim Text Editor, ITerm, Jupyter, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a hyper-local anonymous messaging platform that enables individuals in conferences to communicate hassle-free.
Software Engineering Intern
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Led the development of a multithreaded data processing and graphing architecture called StreamGrapher, built for capturing and monitoring spacecraft data streams.
- Built StreamGrapher with a data flow architecture, multithreading, job queues, binary data packet processing from GMSEC and UDP, and a web-based graphical front-end.
- Created a unit test generation tool that creates almost-complete unit tests.
- Improved the performance with dedicated UI and background worker threads.
- Updated the Drupal website to show greater organization of employees.
- Reworked the SQL database employee records to match a new schema.
- Cleaned old database records.
- Created new pages and views to improve the employee display.
- Updated the navigation to improve user experience.
Software Development Intern
- Aided in the transition from webmail code to a microservices architecture.
- Extended a Python password phone-recovery API to include a delete functionality.
- Coded an MVC-based UI with PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Tested with API mocking and integration tests in a Vagrant environment.
- Developed a new logging and monitoring solution for webmail events.
- Coded a daemon in Python for sending Syslog events to Flume and Carbon.
- Helped configure a Jenkins build server to build a Python package for CI/CD.
- Wrote the Chef cookbook (in Ruby) to use JMXTrans and manage related CentOS administration.
Software Development Intern
- Led the development of a cloud calendar application called liveCalendar for a Simpana Webconsole product.
- Wrote natural, language-based event recognition.
- Built an application that merges many calendar providers into one calendar and provides both smart event recognition and natural language parsing.
- Helped set up and test the Meteor deployment and configured the Nginx balancing.
Sorted Singly Linked List Implementation
Meteor, Parse, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Drupal, Ubuntu, CentOS, Android, iOS
Flask, Qt, Knockout (Knockout.js), Mithril.js, Bootstrap, OAuth 2, Ember.js, Django
jQuery, jQuery UI, Twilio API, Node.js, Carbon, Facebook API
Atom, Xcode, Sketch, Jupyter, ITerm, Vim Text Editor, Apache Tomcat, NGINX, Chef, Jenkins, Flume, MATLAB
Agile Software Development, Scrum, Reactive Programming, Functional Programming
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Graphite, Homebrew, Coding, Development, Implementation
PhD in Computer Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
University of Virginia - Virginia