Full-stack Developer | CTO | Consultant2013 - PRESENTToptal Clients
Technologies: NoSQL, Angular, Groovy, Scala, Java, Kotlin
- Contributed to many products and projects for clients ranging from brand-new startups to larger enterprises.
- Served as the technical lead in multiple Toptal project teams taking on larger engagements.
- Worked remotely before it was cool, perfecting the art of building relationships and collaboration with clients and developers when you cannot meet in person.
Founder | Principal Consultant2012 - PRESENTWilde Agency (Formerly PowerUp Consulting)
Technologies: NoSQL, Angular, Groovy, Scala, Java
- Consulted on software development best practices, the agile process, and leadership.
- Performed hands-on architecture, project planning, and development in Java and Node.js.
- Implemented a data strategy involving big data, collection, metrics, and dashboarding.
CTO2020 - 2022The Last Gameboard
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Architecture, Android, React, Spring Boot, AWS
- Set technology direction, translating business needs into actionable plans with my team.
- Set up dev operations and coding standards and developed key components across the stack from front end to back end.
- Hired, managed, mentored, and motivated a startup team remotely.
CTO2013 - 2015AdGlue
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Netty, Storm, AWS, Grails, Groovy
- Set and executed technology strategy. AdGlue is an online advertising startup that targets ads to specific page content.
Software Development Manager2010 - 2013Overstock.com
- Led the principal team of an eight-team effort to integrate Overstock in external marketplaces. This constituted Overstock’s most significant project and included a tight timeline and tough requirements.
- Coded and developed an adoption strategy for the next generation inventory system.
- Led a team in hot swapping critical aging pieces of an order processing pipeline.
Senior Software Developer2009 - 2010Amazon
- Worked as technical lead on a next-generation auction-based ad delivery platform.
- Led technical tasks on an Amazon Advertising Network project. The project enabled delivery of targeted ads based on Amazon behavioral data for third-party websites.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2008Netflix
- Developed the Netflix Ad Server, a lightweight embedded ad server with sophisticated delivery control, targeting, and simulation.
- Designed and implemented Netflix’s RulesEngine Framework, responsible for determining content to be displayed at the top of Netflix home pages.
Senior Software Engineer2005 - 2006Yahoo
- Worked as technical lead for the presentation tier of Campaign Planning Tool (CPT), a web application used by the Yahoo sales team to create, validate, and commit advertising proposals.
Senior Software Engineer—Navy Contract2002 - 2004Northrop Grumman IT
- Led technical projects for the second-generation development of the MyWxmap weather data visualization web application. The app allowed meteorologists to view weather charts and analyze predictive weather model results.
- Designed and implemented the UI for the Chemical Downwind Forecast (CDF) web application. The app was designed, implemented, and deployed in a three-week period to support troops in Iraq.
Software Architect and Engineer1998 - 2001Enterprise Broadcasting Corp
Technologies: C++, Object Pascal, Delphi, Java
- Led software development for a hybrid digital cinema/eCommerce prototype with kiosks at each seat supporting broadband content and feature presentations.
- Developed an application enabling a Grass Valley Group (GVG) Profile Video Server to transmit SMPTE Time Code to IP clients, allowing for synchronization between video and application servers.
Software Developer1995 - 1998Cybertron
Technologies: Object Pascal, Delphi, C++
- Designed and implemented a virtual reality (VR) viewing engine using Delphi (Object Pascal), OpenGL for real time rendering, and LightWorks for radiosity rendering.