Verified Expert in Engineering
Web Applications Developer
Dave is an accomplished web developer with special expertise in developing web applications. He adapts to the project's circumstances and picks up the domain-specific language to communicate effectively with clients. Whether you're after a developer to take on all aspects of a project or to join a team in a specific role, Dave is the developer you need.
Chrome, Git, Figma, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu
The most amazing...
...coding challenge I've faced was writing an app to integrate a new sensor system with our survey suite while sailing to the project site.
- Created an Angular SPA that interfaced with a headless Craft CMS and a custom data aggregation API.
- Carried out a performance review of an Angular application and suggested a path to improve performance. Then consulted with the team to provide guidance and adjust the plan of action.
- Improved the accessibility of a number of websites by ensuring that they met web content accessibility guidelines.
- Worked with many teams in different industries including real estate, design, music, fashion and sport.
- Created a Firebase back end utilizing Firestore, storage, authentication, analytics, and cloud functions to ensure secure access to client information.
- Assisted a large retailer transition between wholesalers. This was a high-pressure situation where getting it right the first time and getting it right fast were both keys to success.
- Integrated the retailers back end with the new wholesalers purchasing API. This involved acquiring a deep understanding of the retail language to be able to translate their DSL into code.
- Quickly integrated into a team of developers who were halfway through creating the next release of a care home management system.
- Worked on the addition of the "New Enquiries" section that tracked the progress of potential new clients.
- Developed new front-end features using Ext JS.
Assistant Senior Survey Engineer
- Managed a team of surveyors while performing subsea surveys of pipelines and cables.
- Installed, operated, and maintained numerous bespoke survey systems on ships throughout the North Sea and beyond.
- Installed the survey system on Skandi Africa, the Norwegian Ship of the Year 2016.
- Developed a piece of logging software to combine data from multiple sensors in real-time to ensure that the project could continue to meet the client's requirements.
Sensor Fusion Web Apphttps://sensorfusion.tech
The front end uses the Angular Material library to give a clean material style. Charting is provided by D3.js. Heavy reliance on RxJS allows the front end to update seamlessly when new data is pushed from the Firebase Firestore real-time database. Authentication is provided by Firebase and integrates with a user's Google account for easy sign-up and log in. Front-end state management uses Akita which relies on reactive programming to adapt to changes in state.
Angular, Jasmine, Angular Material, Protractor, Spring, Hibernate, Chrome, Ext JS
Firebase Web SDK, D3.js, RxJS, REST APIs, Node.js, Marionette.js
Firebase, Web, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Raspberry Pi, WordPress, Ubuntu
Cloud Firestore, NoSQL, Google Cloud, Firebase Realtime Database, MySQL, MariaDB
Front-end Development, Web Development, Front-end, Reactive Forms, Web Applications, Web App Security, Firebase Hosting, Firebase Cloud Functions, Prismic, Akita, Web UI, Web UX, Front-end Design, SOLID Principles, APIs, Pixel Perfect, Cloud Storage, User Interface (UI)
Git, GitHub, Karma, Firebase Analytics, Figma, Jenkins, Apache Maven, Gulp, Webpack, IntelliJ IDEA
REST, Continuous Delivery (CD), Agile, Kanban, Test-driven Development (TDD), Asynchronous Programming, Reactive Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing, Web App Design, Microservices
Master's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Logistics and Supply Chain Management
University of Missouri - St. Louis - St. Louis, MO, USA
Master's Degree in Information Systems Engineering
Imperial College London - London, UK