Web Developer2019 - PRESENTClearcut Technology
- Created an Angular SPA that interfaced with a headless Craft CMS and a custom data aggregation API.
- Carried out a performance review of an Angular application and suggested a path to improve performance. Then consulted with the team to provide guidance and adjust the plan of action.
- Improved the accessibility of a number of websites by ensuring that they met web content accessibility guidelines.
- Worked with many teams in different industries including real estate, design, music, fashion and sport.
- Created a Firebase back end utilizing Firestore, storage, authentication, analytics, and cloud functions to ensure secure access to client information.
Software Developer2017 - 2018Answer Digital
- Assisted a large retailer transition between wholesalers. This was a high-pressure situation where getting it right the first time and getting it right fast were both keys to success.
- Integrated the retailers back end with the new wholesalers purchasing API. This involved acquiring a deep understanding of the retail language to be able to translate their DSL into code.
- Quickly integrated into a team of developers who were halfway through creating the next release of a care home management system.
- Worked on the addition of the "New Enquiries" section that tracked the progress of potential new clients.
- Developed new front-end features using Ext JS.
Assistant Senior Survey Engineer2007 - 2016DOF Subsea
Technologies: Git, SQL, IntelliJ IDEA, Java
- Managed a team of surveyors while performing subsea surveys of pipelines and cables.
- Installed, operated, and maintained numerous bespoke survey systems on ships throughout the North Sea and beyond.
- Installed the survey system on Skandi Africa, the Norwegian Ship of the Year 2016.
- Developed a piece of logging software to combine data from multiple sensors in real-time to ensure that the project could continue to meet the client's requirements.