C Developer in Saint-Jérôme, QC, Canada
Senior Software Developer2010 - PRESENTID Fusion Software Inc.
Technologies: Xcode, Objective-C, Swift, Python, PHP, MySQL, iOS, macOS, Linux
- Led the iOS and macOS development—working on multiple client projects, being involved in all aspects of the software development process from project estimates, development, testing, and releasing it in the App Store.
- Worked on several mobile-calling card applications, integrating PJSIP (Voice-over-IP), a custom JSON API, payment processing, and over-the-air calling rates update.
- Developed a full desktop magnification solution in Objective-C for macOS using primarily the GPU for the magnification and image-filtering algorithms.
- Wrote the several database administration back-ends using Yii (PHP-based) and integrating them with MySQL databases.
- Performed several bottleneck assessments and server optimization—integrating content-delivery-networks (CDN), caching servers, database replication, SQL query optimization, and code reviews/updates.
- Created several Google Analytics profiles with custom reporting scripts and dashboards.
- Tracked and investigated bug reports, coordinated with the client for bug fixes, and publishing software updates.
- Piti Piti Pa | African Drum Rhythm Archive (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/piti-piti-pa-traditional-african-drum-rhythms-notations/id757241907?mt=8
This was written entirely in Objective-C using Xcode and it works on all mobile and tablets running iOS. It has a custom sound and graphics rendering engine, audio and video synchronization with a millisecond accuracy; including the support for AppleTV and remote audio. I'm currently in the process of rewriting the entire application in Swift 4 using the SuperPowered.io sound library.
- ZoomText Mac (Development)http://www.zoomtext.com
I created a proof of concept within a weekend which led to nine months of development where I was involved in a major part of developing a custom desktop software magnification solution running mostly on the GPU; capable of sharp 32x magnification. I collaborated with a team to implement all the UI tracking. ZoomText for Mac was commercially available as the top magnifying solution for Mac from 2012 to 2018.
- Base64 Library for iOS (Development)https://github.com/ekscrypto/Base64
I wrote an optimized Base64 encoding/decoding library for macOS and iOS in Objective-C using Xcode. The final compiled library encodes 4 to 5 times faster than the equivalent built-in SecTransform and 30% faster than l4u/NSData+Base64. I also integrated CocoaPods and it is open source.
LanguagesAssembler x86, Objective-C, PHP 7, C, Swift 3, C++, Perl, Swift 4, Python 3
FrameworksiOS SDK, Cocoa, Yii 1, Yii 2, Cocos2d-x, CocoaLumberjack
Libraries/APIsiOS API, Superpowered Audio SDK, REST APIs, Facebook SDK, CocoaPods, Facebook API, LinkedIn API, GitHub API
ToolsGit, GitLab, GitHub, Makefile
ParadigmsConcurrent Programming, REST, Functional Programming, Database Design, Agile Software Development
PlatformsKernel Programming, Linux, iOS
StorageMySQL, Databases, JSON, Memcached
OtherData Structures, Firewalls, App Store Acceptance Process, Algorithms, Device Drivers, Realtime-system, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), App Store Optimization