Verified Expert in Engineering
Since 2010, Dave has been working full-time as an iOS developer in Objective-C and Swift. Dave also has 20 years of experience in software development specializing in Assembly (Intel) and C. Throughout the years, Dave's had the opportunity to work on many software development projects in a myriad of software languages.
GitHub, Linux, Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, iOS, MacOS
The most amazing...
...intellectual challenge I've worked on was building a magnification and image manipulation algorithm running directly on the GPU—32x magnification in real-time.
Senior iOS Software Developer
Legendary Software Labs LLC
- Rewritten CoreData stack to resolve merge conflicts from asynchronous updates.
- Created thread-safe data structures for quickly searching/sorting/updating CoreData objects from several threads while improving performance 5x.
- Implemented (Firestore) cloud based data synchronization and data encryption (AES-256) layer.
- Developed several mobile client applications in Swift as part of a software development agency.
- Contributed to the design and implementation of server API using PHP and Laravel.
- Troubleshot and optimized based on evolving requirements.
Senior Software Developer
ID Fusion Software, Inc.
- Led the iOS and macOS development—working on multiple client projects, being involved in all aspects of the software development process from project estimates, development, testing, and releasing it in the App Store.
- Worked on several mobile-calling card applications, integrating PJSIP (Voice-over-IP), a custom JSON API, payment processing, and over-the-air calling rates update.
- Developed a full desktop magnification solution in Objective-C for macOS using primarily the GPU for the magnification and image-filtering algorithms.
- Wrote the several database administration back-ends using Yii (PHP-based) and integrating them with MySQL databases.
- Performed several bottleneck assessments and server optimization—integrating content-delivery-networks (CDN), caching servers, database replication, SQL query optimization, and code reviews/updates.
- Created several Google Analytics profiles with custom reporting scripts and dashboards.
- Tracked and investigated bug reports, coordinated with the client for bug fixes, and publishing software updates.
Piti Piti Pa | African Drum Rhythm Archive
Base64 Library for iOShttps://github.com/ekscrypto/Base64
Swift 5, Swift, Assembler x86, Objective-C, Swift 4, PHP 7, C, PHP, Swift 3, C++, Perl, Python 3, Python
iOS SDK, Cocoa, Yii 1, Yii 2, Laravel, Core Data, Cocos2d-x, CocoaLumberjack
iOS API, Superpowered Audio SDK, REST APIs, Facebook SDK, CocoaPods, Facebook API
Git, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Makefile, Xcode, Jira
Concurrent Programming, Database Design, Real-time Systems, Agile Software Development, REST, Functional Programming, App Store Optimization (ASO)
Linux, iOS, Kernel Programming, MacOS
MySQL, Databases, JSON, MariaDB, Cloud Firestore, Memcached
Data Structures, Firewalls, App Store Acceptance Process, Algorithms, Data Encryption, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Asymmetric Encryption, Device Drivers, iPad, Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Scrum Master I (PSM-I)