Senior Cloud Engineer2021 - PRESENTRialtic
Technologies: Terraform, AWS RDS, AWS IAM, AWS CLI, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EKS, Ambassador API, Linkerd, Argo CD, 1Password, Jira, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Implemented AWS EKS in Terraform across four AWS accounts.
- Developed Custom Terraform Modules for S3, MWAA, and RDS.
- Evangelized best practices for Kubernetes deployments.
- Created Gitlab CI/CD pipelines for four microservices.
- Implemented ArgoCD with Okta SSO for four environments.
- Mentored junior engineers and influenced design decisions for cross-team efforts.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2021Jackpocket
Technologies: Git, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Node.js, Go, Bash, Python
- Created Terraform modules to deploy infrastructure, including GKE clusters, Memorystore Redis, Cloud SQL PostgreSQL, VPC networking, service accounts, and cloud storage buckets.
- Researched and implemented CI/CD pipelines utilizing CircleCI, Cloud Build, and FluxCD.
- Implemented and maintained a ThreatStack security application.
- Designed and implemented a security-vulnerability scanning solution in Go for application images involving notifications sent to the Slack channel.
- Implemented a PubSub solution in Ruby on Rails to send real-time updates to BigQuery.
- Designed and implemented optimized developer workflow when loading the production database locally for testing, saving one hour per update.
- Implemented and maintained a DataDog agent integration, which saved the company thousands of dollars per month by correctly sizing container usage metrics and log collection.
- Created a Cloudflare worker in Node.js to separate CMS traffic from main application traffic to improve application performance.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019Conde Nast Entertainment
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, ECS, Docker, Python
- Implemented a Hashicorp Vault solution in ECS with an accompanying Vaultron web server for updating secrets and refreshing developer tokens monthly.
- Implemented a GitHub team solution in Python to update team membership and repository access based on YAML files in source control.
- Created an Ansible playbook to update authorized_keys file on hundreds of EC2 servers.
Senior Network Tools Engineer2015 - 2018Priceline.com
Technologies: Git, Automation, Networking, Juniper, Ansible, Python
- Developed a Python tool to block malicious CIDRs on a physical-network infrastructure. It alleviated the need for network engineers to wake up during the night to update security groups and saved hundreds of man-hours over the course of 2.5 years.
- Composed Ansible playbooks to automatically configure physical network infrastructure. Ansible playbooks were integral to standardizing configurations for network devices.
- Developed a Python tool to manage wireless password rotation.
- Built a Python workflow using Tenable Nessus (security center) and Jira for PCI compliance along with criticality ticket labels for tracking purposes.
Software QA Engineer2012 - 2015AOL
Technologies: Git, Subversion (SVN), Ruby
- Composed Ruby scripts to test the real-time bidding software which generated more than 1.5-million revenue monthly.
- Documented test cases and held review meetings with operations personnel.
- Created a domain-specific language in Ruby which improved test performance and coverage. The test running time was reduced from eight hours to one hour.
Technical Support2011 - 2012Cas Savern
- Prepared technical documentation for the electronic submission of a medical documentation system.
- Onboarded Medicare review audit contractors (MAC) and Medicare administrative contractors (RAC) to use electronic submission of medical documentation (esMD).
- Conducted daily phone calls with technical contractors to discuss project progress.
Programmer Analyst2010 - 2011Johns Hopkins University
Technologies: SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Assembled technical representatives to gather requirements.
- Created SQL statements to maintain student registration and billing information systems.
- Created and modified SSRS reports for the central student information system.
Web Developer2009 - 2010Adcieo
- Customized Blackbaud fundraising web applications for nonprofit organizations.
- Created customized themes in WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- Traveled to clients weekly to train and give IT support.