Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
David is a talented developer who has lately been working as a DevOps engineer, successfully delivering numerous tasks related to infrastructure, CI/CD, monitoring, storage, data engineering, and IT support. He's also worked as a network automation engineer, software QA engineer, IT support engineer, SQL analyst, and front-end web developer. Currently, David's primary interest is DevOps with quality assurance being a close second.
Kubernetes, CircleCI, Datadog, Bash, Python, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloudflare, Terraform, GitLab
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a tool to automate blocking malicious IP CIDRs in support of the network infrastructure team at Priceline.com.
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Implemented AWS EKS in Terraform across four AWS accounts.
- Developed Custom Terraform Modules for S3, MWAA, and RDS.
- Evangelized best practices for Kubernetes deployments.
- Created Gitlab CI/CD pipelines for four microservices.
- Implemented ArgoCD with Okta SSO for four environments.
- Mentored junior engineers and influenced design decisions for cross-team efforts.
- Created Terraform modules to deploy infrastructure, including GKE clusters, Memorystore Redis, Cloud SQL PostgreSQL, VPC networking, service accounts, and cloud storage buckets.
- Researched and implemented CI/CD pipelines utilizing CircleCI, Cloud Build, and FluxCD.
- Implemented and maintained a ThreatStack security application.
- Designed and implemented a security-vulnerability scanning solution in Go for application images involving notifications sent to the Slack channel.
- Implemented a PubSub solution in Ruby on Rails to send real-time updates to BigQuery.
- Designed and implemented optimized developer workflow when loading the production database locally for testing, saving one hour per update.
- Implemented and maintained a DataDog agent integration, which saved the company thousands of dollars per month by correctly sizing container usage metrics and log collection.
- Created a Cloudflare worker in Node.js to separate CMS traffic from main application traffic to improve application performance.
Conde Nast Entertainment
- Implemented a Hashicorp Vault solution in ECS with an accompanying Vaultron web server for updating secrets and refreshing developer tokens monthly.
- Implemented a GitHub team solution in Python to update team membership and repository access based on YAML files in source control.
- Created an Ansible playbook to update authorized_keys file on hundreds of EC2 servers.
Senior Network Tools Engineer
- Developed a Python tool to block malicious CIDRs on a physical-network infrastructure. It alleviated the need for network engineers to wake up during the night to update security groups and saved hundreds of man-hours over the course of 2.5 years.
- Composed Ansible playbooks to automatically configure physical network infrastructure. Ansible playbooks were integral to standardizing configurations for network devices.
- Developed a Python tool to manage wireless password rotation.
- Built a Python workflow using Tenable Nessus (security center) and Jira for PCI compliance along with criticality ticket labels for tracking purposes.
Software QA Engineer
- Composed Ruby scripts to test the real-time bidding software which generated more than 1.5-million revenue monthly.
- Documented test cases and held review meetings with operations personnel.
- Created a domain-specific language in Ruby which improved test performance and coverage. The test running time was reduced from eight hours to one hour.
- Prepared technical documentation for the electronic submission of a medical documentation system.
- Onboarded Medicare review audit contractors (MAC) and Medicare administrative contractors (RAC) to use electronic submission of medical documentation (esMD).
- Conducted daily phone calls with technical contractors to discuss project progress.
Johns Hopkins University
- Assembled technical representatives to gather requirements.
- Created SQL statements to maintain student registration and billing information systems.
- Created and modified SSRS reports for the central student information system.
- Customized Blackbaud fundraising web applications for nonprofit organizations.
- Created customized themes in WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- Traveled to clients weekly to train and give IT support.
Google Cloud Infrastructurehttps://github.com/filapinoaquino/terraform-gke/
Git, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Helm, CircleCI, Ansible, Subversion (SVN), Terraform, GitLab, AWS IAM, AWS CLI, Amazon EKS, Jira, GitLab CI/CD
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Datadog, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
Cloudflare, IT Support, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance (QA), Google, ECS, Juniper, Networking, Blackbaud, Fundraising, Amazon RDS, Ambassador API, Linkerd, Argo CD, 1Password
Master's Degree in Applied Information Technology
Towson University - Towson, MD, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems
Towson University - Towson, MD, United States
Configuration Management and the Cloud
Google IT Automation with Python Specialization
Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques
Crash Course on Python
Using Python to Interact with the Operation System
AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring