David H. Wilkins
CSS Developer in Pelham, AL, United States
Member since March 1, 2017
David is a senior developer with experience ranging from real-time systems to the web. Recent projects include customer facing websites in PHP and Rails, ETL processes, and banking formats. Back-end, performance and tooling are his specialties. He's comfortable in both enterprise and startup environments preferring teams—requiring skills from architecture design to DevOps.
Senior Developer2017 - PRESENTProctorU
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Supported a large public-facing Rails app.
- Implemented database performance tuning.
Senior Developer2014 - 2017Temenos USA
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Linux, Ansible
- Developed a back office processing system for community bank processing.
- Developed a Ruby ACH validating parser and generator.
- Presented a report and a search for a multi-tenant database using Elasticsearch. While storing multiple customer's data in a single database—ensured pertinent and confidential search results restricted to the user's financial institution.
- Tuned the ETL processes from an AS/400 legacy database to fit within a tight window.
- Made extensive use of JIRA and Crucible for issues and code reviews.
- Completed DevOps tasks such as installation and upgrade for Jenkins, JIRA, Crucible, and hosted GitLab.
Senior Developer2013 - 2014Luckie and Company
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Schema.org, MongoDB
- Maintained and developed sites for several agency clients including Alabama.Travel, Backed By Bayer, Little Debbie, and Regions Bank using Ruby on Rails.
- Deployed Schema.org to increase search placement for customer sites.
- Implemented pixel-perfect designs specified by internal graphic designers.
- Developed JSON APIs for mobile apps for Alabama.Travel.
Senior Developer | Architect2010 - 2013LearningEarnings
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Ruby on Rails
- Worked as a primary developer for a PHP/MySQL app.
- Developed an auctions feature to generate more interest from students for the site.
- Analyzed business processes and provided analytical support for avoiding rampant inflation in our micro-economy.
- Worked with outside contractors to port the application to Ruby on Rails while maintaining the current site. Implemented SpreeCommerce for our rewards purchase system using our own currency. Implemented the accounting system (again for our own currency) using the Plutus gem.
- Did MySQL query-tuning. Measured and addressed performance as indicated by site activity and server load.
- Managed the replication of MySQL databases and creation of development snapshots as needed.
Senior Developer2008 - 2010Docupak
Technologies: C#, .NET, SSRS, SQL Server, Subversion
- Developed websites with C# to support the marketing organization. These sites supported National Guard recruiting activities and call centers.
- Developed reports using SSRS to report progress and status to the US Mmilitary on the effectiveness of our recruiting systems.
- Wrote stored procedures, built SSAS cubes, and published reports as needed.
Finance Manager III2007 - 2008BBVA Compass
Technologies: Oracle, Ruby on Rails
- Managed a group of 5 people supporting a data warehouse in Oracle. This Data Warehouse was used for month-end financial reporting for the entire bank.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails app for the small business group to automate monthly reconciliation. The output of this system fed directly into the Oracle data warehouse and was used in the monthly financials.
- Implemented performance tuning and created PL/SQL procedures to further streamline our end-of-month procedures.
Director of Product Archtecture2003 - 2007Sungard
Technologies: C++, Oracle, Rogue Wave, Linux, HPUX, MySQL
- Ported our Windows C++ CGI application to HPUX and Linux at the request of Wells Fargo.
- Made our application database portable between SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Managed the efforts of our development department. Handled task creation, review, and support for 4 senior developers and a junior developer with DBA responsibilities.
- Traveled to customer sites to plan and implement solutions.
- Worked with subject matter experts to extend our web platform to continue to provide exceptional functionality to our customers.
PlatformsFedora, Linux, Oracle, MacOS
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), minitest, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap 3, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsDevise, jQuery, OpenStreetMap API, jQuery UI, JSON API
ToolsSubversion (SVN), Emacs, Jenkins, Git, Jira, RSpec, Crucible
StorageMySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, JSON
OtherRemote Work, Performance Optimization, Ruby Gems, Spree Commerce, Vi, Linux Kernel Drivers
ParadigmsMetaprogramming, Design Patterns
- None in Business Administration / Computer Science1984 - 1987Troy University - Troy, AL