Software Architect2014 - 2019EdLogics LLC
Technologies: Java, Spring, Angular, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda Functions, AWS API Gateway
- Led an Agile team of six remote US-based developers in developing the core product of the company: The main project consisted of a scalable Java/Spring/Docker cloud-based web API, and AngularJS front end that used Canvas/CreateJS for game development.
- Modernized the company’s monolithic single-tenant application to a high availability multi-tenant SaaS microservice architecture to allow the company to scale to millions of users with high performance.
- Migrated Java/Spring Services to Docker containers on AWS ECS Infrastructure behind AWS APIGateway—all managed and configured through AWS CloudFormation.
- Optimized memory footprint and resource usage of Java/Spring applications by adopting the usage of Spring Batch for large batch processing of data, AWS ElastiCache for distributed caching, and AWS Aurora for distributed multi-tenant data persistence.
- Hired and trained new developers in established coding standards and best practices while providing mentorship.
- Architected HIPAA compliant solutions to pass HIPAA audits.
Lead Mobile App Developer2016 - 2018Social News Desk
Technologies: React Native, Java, Objective-C, Swift, Node.js, React
- Led the development of iOS and Android apps for rapid deployment to both the iTunes Store and Google Play Store.
- Developed apps in React Native to reuse ~85% code between platforms and harness Java and Objective-C where necessary.
- Spearheaded mobile development while coordinating changes with the API development team and working with designers and testers to rapidly prepare apps for regular production deployments.
- Solved implementations problems by engineering new React Native libraries and collaborating with stakeholders and designers to architect the best user experience.