Contractor2019 - 2021Hilton
Technologies: Apollo, GraphQL, TypeScript, Next.js, React
- Led the development of the hilton.com homepage that serves millions of users daily and the brand refresh and redesign. The rearchitected web app was built on React and Next.js, backed by an Apollo GraphQL API.
- Built shared atomic components shared by multiple React and React Native applications, following company-wide standardized design standards and best practices.
- Engineered a highly-customizable component management system allowing Content.
- Built editors to manage, preview, and deploy web content outside of SDLC by integrating with Bloomreach channel manager and Hippo CMS.
- Integrated public applications with third-party APIs, including TripAdvisor, Foursquare, and Google Maps.
- Ensured Level A success criteria for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Software Architect2014 - 2019EdLogics
Technologies: AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, Angular, Spring, Java
- Led an agile team of six remote US-based developers in building the core product of the company. The main project consisted of a scalable Java/Spring/Docker cloud-based web API and Angular front end that used Canvas/CreateJS to game development.
- Modernized the company’s monolithic single-tenant application to a high availability multi-tenant SaaS microservice architecture to allow the company to scale to millions of users with high performance.
- Migrated Java/Spring services to Docker containers on an AWS ECS infrastructure behind AWS API Gateway—all managed and configured through AWS CloudFormation.
- Optimized memory footprint and resource usage of Java/Spring applications by adopting Spring Batch for large batch processing of data, AWS ElastiCache for distributed caching, and AWS Aurora for distributed multi-tenant data persistence.
- Hired and trained new developers in establishing coding standards and best practices while providing mentorship.
- Architected HIPAA-compliant solutions to pass HIPAA audits.
Lead Mobile App Developer2016 - 2018Social News Desk
Technologies: React, Node.js, Swift, Objective-C, Java, React Native
- Led the development of iOS and Android apps for rapid deployment to both the iTunes Store and Google Play Store.
- Developed apps in React Native to reuse ~85% code between platforms and harness Java and Objective-C where necessary.
- Spearheaded mobile development while coordinating changes with the API development team and working with designers and testers to rapidly prepare apps for regular production deployments.
- Solved implementations problems by engineering new React Native libraries and collaborating with stakeholders and designers to architect the best user experience.