Contractor2019 - 2020Hilton Hotels
Technologies: Apollo, GraphQL, TypeScript, Next.js, React
- Led the development of the hilton.com homepage that serves millions of users daily, as well as the brand refresh/redesign. The rearchitected web app was built on React/Next.js backed by an Apollo GraphQL API.
- Built shared atomic components shared by multiple React and React Native applications, following company-wide standardized design standards and best practices.
- Engineered a highly-customizable component management system allowing Content.
- Built editors to manage, preview, and deploy web content outside of SDLC by integrating with Bloomreach channel manager and Hippo CMS.
- Integrated public applications with third-party APIs, including TripAdvisor, Foursquare, and Google Maps.
- Ensured Level A success criteria for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Software Architect2014 - 2019EdLogics LLC
Technologies: AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, Angular, Spring, Java
- Led an agile team of six remote US-based developers in building the core product of the company: The main project consisted of a scalable Java/Spring/Docker cloud-based web API, and AngularJS front end that used Canvas/CreateJS to game development.
- Modernized the company’s monolithic single-tenant application to a high availability multi-tenant SaaS microservice architecture to allow the company to scale to millions of users with high performance.
- Migrated Java/Spring services to Docker containers on an AWS ECS infrastructure behind AWS API Gateway—all managed and configured through AWS CloudFormation.
- Optimized memory footprint and resource usage of Java/Spring applications by adopting the usage of Spring Batch for large batch processing of data, AWS ElastiCache for distributed caching, and AWS Aurora for distributed multi-tenant data persistence.
- Hired and trained new developers in established coding standards and best practices while providing mentorship.
- Architected HIPAA compliant solutions to pass HIPAA audits.
Lead Mobile App Developer2016 - 2018Social News Desk
Technologies: React, Node.js, Swift, Objective-C, Java, React Native
- Led the development of iOS and Android apps for rapid deployment to both the iTunes Store and Google Play Store.
- Developed apps in React Native to reuse ~85% code between platforms and harness Java and Objective-C where necessary.
- Spearheaded mobile development while coordinating changes with the API development team and working with designers and testers to rapidly prepare apps for regular production deployments.
- Solved implementations problems by engineering new React Native libraries and collaborating with stakeholders and designers to architect the best user experience.