- AWS Code Deploy ExpertMindTrust Labs2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: AWS, Cloud Formation, EFS, Continuous Deployment
- Solved issues within AWS.
- Migrated data between Amazon accounts.
- Created a backup procedure.
- Communicated with the developers and managers, including live scrum discussions and Slack.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers and Auto Scaling Groups.
- Lead DevOps EngineerPeople's Postcode Lottery2016 - 2016
Technologies: Ansible, Linux, RHEL, Jira, HipChat, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Docker, Ansistrano, Capistrano
- Worked s the primary system administrator for over 200 servers.
- Maintained development, staging, acceptance, and production environments and the equality throughout them.
- Was in charge of overseeing deployments to production and a move to continuous deployment.
- Worked closely with a team of 20-30 developers and DBAs to provide them the infrastructure they required to do their job efficiently.
- Introduced Docker containers into the deployment pipeline.
- DevOps Engineer | Linux System AdministratorFreelance Work2014 - 2016
Technologies: Ansible, AWS, EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Route53, Docker, Vagrant, CloudFront, Git, Sensu, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Exim, Apache, Ubuntu, Qemu, KVM, Jenkins
- Migrated a company's website which was struggling to scale into AWS and provisioned the auto-scaling infrastructure they required.
- Used AWS's Cloud Formation and Puppet to create a continuous deployment strategy.
- Deployed an AWS S3 backed Docker registry into AWS's Elastic Container Service (ECS).
- Secured multiple vulnerabilities on a client's dedicated server.
- Implemented off-site backup solutions.
- Ensured high availability by deploying multiple database servers and multi-master and read-only slave databases.
- Software EngineerFreelance Work2013 - 2014
Technologies: Postgres, MySQL, Django, Linux, Bitcoin
- Created isolated containers for various forms of Bitcoin wallet.
- Ensured a very high level of security throughout the Linux server infrastructure within Azure.
- Looked after the databases used by the web front-end.
- Wrote much of the Django Python back-end.
- Software Engineer | Linux System AdministratorScotweb2011 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Twisted, Django, Nginx, Apache, Linux, Debian, PostGres, Load Balancing
- Developed the Twisted Python back-end code for their internal website.
- Maintained the uptime of their servers.
- Deployed SSL for HTTPS.
- Developed a PostgreSQL database query optimization.