Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
David is a results-oriented, pragmatic lead software engineer specializing in back end and integrations with a zeal for continuous improvement. He's experienced in helping companies design, build, and grow effective software solutions and performant dev teams. He's well-versed in Agile and Lean methodologies, software design principles, cloud technologies, and aligning stakeholders behind technology outcomes. David thrives on challenging tasks in fast-paced and complex business environments.
The most amazing...
...decision for my career has been to continuously learn and grow so that I get to work on more challenging and complex tasks and provide more value to my clients.
Lead Software Engineer
- Developed the full stack of a complex feature for a SOX-compliant accounting application, including a React front end, back end Python REST API endpoints, Django SQL queries, and a test suite.
- Optimized infrastructure, including a GitHub Actions CI/CD pipeline and AWS CloudFormation IaC.
- Mentored other engineers and introduced the DangerJS tool to help automate manual PR review tasks.
Director of Engineering
- Coordinated deliverables with the product team, 3rd-party software vendor, solution architect, and tech team.
- Pushed the delivery team to build a project plan fast and collaborated with the delivery and product teams, solution architects, a 3rd-party vendor (LivePerson), and other dev teams to project plans for conversational flows and back-end integrations.
- Assisted the solution architecture team in exploring an existing solution that could be reused for our project when they faced resource constraints.
- Aided the back-end team in delivering the back-end integrations a week before a scheduled release date after the team lost one of the two back-end developers.
Senior Software Engineer
- Headed load-testing efforts to sync 5,000 messages per second from Google Cloud to Azure.
- Built a POC to identify personally identifiable information (PII) in images and PDF files using the Cloud Data Loss Prevention (DLP) service.
- Created a Docker container to migrate data from Azure SQL to Google Cloud SQL automatically.
Lead Java Developer
P C Financial
- Headed a pod of two Java developers on the back-end team.
- Proposed several solutions to improve the back-end team's velocity and reduce operational costs.
- Built a prototype for a web application to help the bank's customers earn more loyalty points as part of the bank's hackathon.
- Designed and built a full-stack application that allows customers to retrieve audit records.
- Integrated the company's mobile app with major electronic medical records (EMR) vendors to help patients import their health records into a single central place.
- Conducted interviews at the request of other teams to help them hire qualified candidates.
Software Developer and Architect
- Worked on several middle-tier projects with both software developer and architect capabilities.
- Proposed a design for an API gateway for seamless OAuth token exchange between Okta and other identity providers.
- Suggested reliable communication between the mobile app and the back end for users to enter video conference calls with doctors.
Lead Back-end Developer
- Led the design and development of several middle-tier applications under the RBC reward and loyalty organization.
- Managed a team of nine Java back-end developers working on 2-3 different middle-tier projects simultaneously.
- Oversaw the overall application architecture, code quality, and optimal productivity of the back-end team.
Senior Java Developer (Contract)
Bedside Clinical Systems
- Worked on the full stack of an application involving HL7 integration with hospitals, performance tuning, and DB optimization.
- Created several REST APIs and UI screens to manage admin configuration, vital signs, and patient weight data.
- Migrated a web application (including HL7 integration) from PostgreSQL to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Optimized DB queries to ensure the return of HTTP requests within a second in a load test environment.
- Updated online vital sign charts with custom components using SVG and D3.js.
Senior Java Developer (Contract)
- Built and maintained several modules of the video processing platform to download, transcode, encrypt, package, and publish video content.
- Created and maintained several workflow components tying together the module of a video processing platform.
- Built and maintained a REST API for managing the workflow of the video processing platform.
- Optimized performance of MongoDB queries to ensure they execute fast.
- Designed integration of the application with a reporting server.
Score Your Profile
Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring, JUnit, Bootstrap, Apache Camel, Hibernate, Spring Security, Angular, Grails, Serverless Framework, Django, MUI CSS
Microservices, REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development, Scrum, Unit Testing, HL7 FHIR Standard
Node.js, JMS, Vue, LinkedIn API, React
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, MacOS, Linux, Android, Oracle, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure, AWS Lambda
Architecture, APIs, HL7, Shell Scripting, Cloud, OAuth, Lean Development, IT Strategy, Leadership, Strategic Planning, Software Development
Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Tomcat, Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Helm, AWS CloudFormation, GitHub
MongoDB, Google Cloud, NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hazelcast, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Cloud Firestore
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Budapest University of Technology and Economics - Budapest, Hungary
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring