Data Science Consultant2017 - PRESENTNew York Civil Liberties Union
Technologies: R, RMarkdown, Shiny, RStudio, Boosted Gradient Tree Modeling
- Cleaned and analyzed bail data throughout New York State to find racial discrepancies in bail set for individuals accused of similar crimes.
- Assisted counsel in a Section 2 voting rights case, reading expert reports and suggesting additional analysis.
Data Science Consultant2018 - 2018IDEO
Technologies: R, Gitlab, RStudio, ggplot, tidyverse
- Analyzed customer survey data to determine interest in various energy saving features for home improvement.
Senior Data Scientist2016 - 2018Socure, Inc.
Technologies: R, AWS, Jenkins, Elastic Beanstalk, Python, Django
- Developed fraud detection/identity verification algorithms for a financial software company.
- Created the code base for automated data pipeline: input, cleaning, visualization, and model building.
Chief Data Scientist2016 - 2018RepreZen
Technologies: R, PostgreSQL
- Served as the lead data scientist for API tool startup, making it easy for organizations' major systems (marketing, finance, HR, payroll, etc.) to communicate with each other.
- Developed a data flow system in which data from different databases is universally available.
Derivatives Quant2012 - 2014Treesdale Partners
Technologies: Stata, Excel, Mathematica
- Developed four-dimensional model of the implied volatility surface (IVS) for foreign exchange markets.
- Developed a smoothing method based on principal surfaces and a no-arbitrage constraint that predicts the evolution of the IVS over time.
Consulting Economist2009 - 2011US Treasury Department
Technologies: Stata, Access
- Analyzed history of financial regulation in the United States from 1950 to the present.
- Created a series of databases containing all 213 financial regulatory laws passed since 1950.\.
- Findings were used to brief US and European officials, including the Assistant Secretary for Domestic Policy in the Treasury Department and representatives of the European Central Bank.
Senior Quantitative Analyst2004 - 2008CIA
Technologies: Stata, R, Msthematica
- Performed statistical analysis of economic, political, social, and geographic causes of state failure and transitions to democracy.
- Created models that are the most sophisticated predictors of regime instability currently available, with a two-year forecast accuracy rate of over 80%.
- Findings were used by intelligence personnel, including CIA, Defense Department, and White House Officials.