Developer2009 - PRESENTIndependent Consultancy
- Developed a derivative/swap/spot exchange for BTX and ETH using Node/React/JSX/Redux with Erlang/Java/PostgreSQL back-ends.
- Built an internal admin tool front-end for monitoring, fixing, recalculating, and publishing exchange index rates streamed from participating market makers.
- Created a public-facing responsive index reference rates page and developed front-end apps for derivative/swap/spot/pre-negotiated trades and tickers with real-time quotes and index prices.
- Helped develop a React/JSX/Redux front-end and Node/Sequelize back-end for Partner Evaluation at McKinsey.
- Established Git, Lodash and ES6 best practices, standards for PR reviews.
- Wrote unit tests using Mocha/Chai and Supertest as well as Karma, Enzyme, Selenium, and Jasmine.
- Performed a Node v5 to v7 upgrade.
- Helped rewrite the Redux layer using Reselect.
- Added ES6 linting and helped standardize linting rules.
- Provided Git and MySQL support.
- Wrote a React/JSX/Redux/Material UI front-end, Node/Bookshelf back-end and Node/Koa restful API for a UN crowdsourcing application.
- Implemented Secure SSO with Passport/Auth0, PayPal, and Stripe SDKs as well as caching using Redis.
- Set up a new on-demand infrastructure provisioning (hardware/virtual machines/software/application) platform for TD Ameritrade in-house developers.
- Implemented a RESTful app API using IBM Strongloop and custom CouchDB APIs, configured Node/Express and WebPack, and set up Gulp tasks.
- Created React/Redux admin site as a proof of concept.
- Developed an entity exchange front-end for Bloomberg, allowing hedge funds and their trading counterparties to meet KYC compliance, written using Node/React/JSX/Reflux and leveraging back-end services using Python, Java, and Bloomberg Terminal services.
- Managed library upgrades including Node, Lodash, and React Router.
- Wrote scripts to manage running concurrent Node servers from different Git branches.
- Implemented JSHint.
- Wrote modules for account management, credit cards, auto, and mortgage payments.
- Wrote common APIs for generating modals and viewing legal agreement documents.
- Wrote an API for Magento to allocate and manage cloud-based virtual machines using RDO Openstack for Pixafy.
- Wrote enhanced portfolio management functionality for a web application for Interactive Data providing pricing, evaluations, and reference data for fixed income markets using Zend Framework/MySQL/Redis/jQuery/AngularJS.
- Enhanced back-end admin tools using Perl/shell script and improved build/deploy processes using ANT/Jenkins.
- Did a site rewrite of various properties for PCH using Joomla/jQuery on LAMP stack.
- Wrote custom Joomla modules and plugins, integration APIs for third-party services such as asset management, search engine aggregation, and ad serving.
- Handled front-end and back-end performance tuning as well as analytic data capture/reporting with MongoDB.
- Developed front-end applications for Medco using Ext.js/HTML5/CSS3 for their new Java/Tomcat platform using cloud-based vFabric GemFile high-performance architecture.
- Implemented Node.js (Ext.js bridge) to facilitate high-volume data presentation using custom Ext.js components.
- Spearheaded the development of a multi-tiered architecture video content asset management system for NBC Universal used to deliver video content with embedded ad tagging and maintain asset metadata, using Drupal for taxonomy.
- Wrote gateway tier access control, session management and user resource caching, custom business tier, and front-end using jQuery.
- Implemented a Flash-based video player.
- Developed a LAMP web-based SaaS application (http://www.gallerymanager.com) for ExhibitE, providing an online inventory and contact management system for art galleries including tagging, invoice generation, and dynamic reporting.
- Created a Web 2.0 type design with extensive client-side Ajax functionality using Ext.js and custom framework.
Senior Developer2008 - 2009Innovation Ads
- Wrote a custom Ext/AJAX drag-and-drop application to manage an inventory database of all US universities and colleges.
- Developed a new LAMP lead engine, a high-load memory resident daemon running across multiple servers for efficient real-time processing of education leads driven from micro-sites written using Zend and Prado frameworks, including validation, deduplication, and client delivery, using PHP native socket and process control libraries to emulate a multithreading daemon environment.
- Implemented MySQL replication.
- Performed design and performance tuning to handle high volume.
Senior Developer2007 - 2008GuidePoint Global
- Developed a web-based PHP/MS SQL/Ajax platform for matching industry expert advisors with clients.
- Developed MVC template framework and database access classes, AJAX API, custom project management, and search tools.
- Developed and implemented client, adviser, and project manager portals.
Senior Developer2006 - 2007TAKKLE
- Developed and implemented an SI.com social networking website using PHP/MS SQL/CSS/XHTML/Ajax.
- Implemented a Flash-based media player.
- Integrated third-party PHP chat software, contact management tools, and rotating banner ad tracking.
Technical Director2003 - 2006Lead Filter
- Designed, developed, and implemented the PHP/MySQL/AJAX Lead Filter marketplace for mortgage leads.
- Invented a patented “Smart Parser” lead matching algorithm.
- Wrote all buyer, supplier, admin tools, and reporting systems.
- Performed all Unix system, database, and Apache administration and performance tuning.
- Wrote customized XML parser and lead delivery XML and HTTP systems.
- Developed custom application data caching and automated email processing.
- Wrote supplier fraud detection algorithms.
Developer2001 - 2003Independent Consultant
- Designed, developed, and implemented a PHP web based system administration tool for Linux embedded systems for NetX, allowing Apache and DNS configuration changes, device reboot or shutdown, user accounts, and access level maintenance. Designed and developed PHP/MySQL infrastructure for a new corporate website, including database-driven templates, session and visitor tracking, rotating banner ads, and CSS-based dynamic drop-down menu navigation.
- Performed networking administration for CMX Group. Set up Veritas backup procedures and wrote custom software using Powerbuilder, SQL Server, and Sybase.
- Developed and implemented account and store administration modules for an eCommerce site for 99Dogs using PHP/MySQL.
Senior Developer1999 - 2001Riptide Communications
- Performed web and database administration, Unix and NT system administration, and TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Developed customized tools using PHP, Perl, and Java.
Vice President1995 - 1999Bear Stearns
- Developed financial applications using Java and Powerbuilder with Sybase, C++, and CICS with DB2 under MVS.
- Developed customized Powerbuilder and C++ foundation classes.
- Developed and deployed Powerbuilder applications using Sybase and DB2.
- Configured and supported MS Exchange Server.
- Developed customized Powerbuilder and C++ framework for application development.
- Enabled Micro-focus and Powerbuilder remote access to Sybase/DB2 databases and MVS files.