Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Web Developer
At first, David loved math. That turned into building cool stuff with software, mainly websites. Among the cool things David has created are the entire operational website for a successful laboratory, the whole operational website for a distributed hotel startup, the online radio player for the largest NPR radio station, content management systems for a bunch of magazines and TV shows such as Rachael Ray, Car and Driver, and Elle, and other personal projects including TrackTime.TECH.
Vim Text Editor, Sublime Text, Linux
The most amazing...
...widget I've ever built was the first online radio player for WNYC, the largest NPR radio station. Our users listened to it for about 100,000 hours a week.
Director of Technology
Stayd, Inc. (A Distributed Hotel Startup)
- Built a type of software that allowed a team of three to oversee hundreds of rooms, thousands of reservations, and dozens of employees.
- Developed a secure online ID verification system that virtually eliminated fraud.
- Constructed an online cleaning management system used by the cleaners and their managers that eliminated cleaning errors by providing photographic oversight and eliminating schedule confusion.
- Created an online maintenance system that integrated with the cleaning system to ensure all maintenance issues were reported and fixed.
- Built a guest messaging system that fully automated communication with guests in most cases, but also facilitated further communication for the guests that required a lot of communication.
- Maintained stability with E2E tests, unit tests, a Python linter, global error reporting, and continuous integration.
- Integrated with Front, Guesty, Mailchimp, Aircall, NetSuite, Xero, Bento, Strip, PayPal, and Typeform.
- Maintained a charity app that once raised $7 million for Ebola relief in a weekend.
- Performed maintenance on production services that, e.g., that Google Maps and YouTube depend on.
- Built an internal data monitoring tool that spanned the globe.
WNYC (The Largest NPR Radio Station)
- Built their first online radio player which our users listened to for about 100,000 hours per week.
- Translated designs into working websites for Radiolab.org, Wnyc.org, Wqxr.org, and Thegreenespace.org.
- Streamlined content entries for show producers, which was a real pain point.
- Maintained performance on RachaelRay.com through a promotion that netted over 900,000 users.
- Increased software health substantially for CarAndDriver.com by importing all code into source control and developing an automated deployment system.
- Helped build the text campaign management system that Obama used in his 2008 presidential campaign.
- Built the entire operational website that allowed a lab to process 800 samples per day.
- Developed a client extranet that fully automated and safely digitized test result delivery.
- Created the sample processing workflow from accessioning to results entry.
Django, Grails, Ruby on Rails (RoR), ASP.NET
Heroku, Linux, Google App Engine
Sublime Text, Vim Text Editor
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Columbia University - New York, NY, United States
Bachelor of Science Degree in Math, Computer Science
University of Wisconsin, Madison - Madison, WI, United States