Director of Technology2018 - 2020Stayd, Inc. (A Distributed Hotel Startup)
- Built a type of software that allowed a team of three to oversee hundreds of rooms, thousands of reservations, and dozens of employees.
- Developed a secure online ID verification system that virtually eliminated fraud.
- Constructed an online cleaning management system used by the cleaners and their managers that eliminated cleaning errors by providing photographic oversight and eliminating schedule confusion.
- Created an online maintenance system that integrated with the cleaning system to ensure all maintenance issues were reported and fixed.
- Built a guest messaging system that fully automated communication with guests in most cases, but also facilitated further communication for the guests that required a lot of communication.
- Maintained stability with E2E tests, unit tests, a Python linter, global error reporting, and continuous integration.
- Integrated with Front, Guesty, Mailchimp, Aircall, NetSuite, Xero, Bento, Strip, PayPal, and Typeform.
Software Developer2013 - 2017
Technologies: Google App Engine, Java
- Maintained a charity app that once raised $7 million for Ebola relief in a weekend.
- Performed maintenance on production services that, e.g., that Google Maps and YouTube depend on.
- Built an internal data monitoring tool that spanned the globe.
Software Developer2009 - 2013WNYC (The Largest NPR Radio Station)
- Built their first online radio player which our users listened to for about 100,000 hours per week.
- Translated designs into working websites for Radiolab.org, Wnyc.org, Wqxr.org, and Thegreenespace.org.
- Streamlined content entries for show producers, which was a real pain point.
Software Developer2006 - 2009Freelance
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Grails, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Django
- Maintained performance on RachaelRay.com through a promotion that netted over 900,000 users.
- Increased software health substantially for CarAndDriver.com by importing all code into source control and developing an automated deployment system.
- Helped build the text campaign management system that Obama used in his 2008 presidential campaign.
Software Developer2003 - 2006Acumium, LLC
- Built the entire operational website that allowed a lab to process 800 samples per day.
- Developed a client extranet that fully automated and safely digitized test result delivery.
- Created the sample processing workflow from accessioning to results entry.