Verified Expert in Engineering
BI and Database Developer
Davis is a seasoned engineer with a decade of experience in data engineering and analysis. He had led several data projects involving the transformation of on-premises databases to cloud-based data lakes using AWS and Azure. He has a wealth of experience designing and developing data visualizations to present complex data models to stakeholders at all levels. He holds an MBA and has experience with data mining and machine learning.
SQL, Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, APIs, Azure SQL Databases, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Analysis, Dashboards
The most amazing...
...product I launched was an Amazon Prime Video One Catalog allowing US and EU viewers to choose multiple subtitles and audio tracks in different languages
- Architected and implemented the data lake and business intelligence platform for clients. Scoped requirements with clients to provide end-to-end solutions to clients.
- Provided systematic training to clients on AWS, Tableau, Power BI, and data analysis-related tools.
- Launched a few milestones for clients to improve the operational and data analytics works.
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Architected and implemented a data lake and BI using native AWS services for the Amazon Pharmacy project.
- Onboarded the data source and designed KPIs and dashboards for Amazon internal teams to track COVID-19 tests for global employees.
- Launched Amazon Prime Video One Catalog, allowing US and EU customers to view multiple subtitles and choose audio tracks in different languages within a single video.
- Supported Amazon Prime Video's worldwide content operation team by providing insightful analyses to improve digital supply chain efficiency.
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Spearheaded multiple business intelligence initiatives in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, including equity trading, fixed income, and legal and compliance, to support critical business and strategic decisions.
- Improved data lake and BI platform operational models by analyzing and summarizing information on gaps, trends, and areas of concern using data visualization and statistical models.
- Translated complex technical jargon in simple language for business users and reiterated business requirements for technology teams. Provided regular training to users on analytical tools, trading flows, and business models.
Tableau Server Migration for a Non-profit Organization
Architect Tableau Platform for a Nonprofit Organization
SQL, SQL DML, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Python
Tableau, Amazon Athena, MySQL Workbench, Amazon QuickSight, Microsoft Power BI, GitHub, Amazon SageMaker, Redshift Spectrum, AWS Glue, Looker, Tableau Desktop Pro
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Data Science, Dimensional Modeling
QlikView, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
IBM Db2, Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Performance, MySQL, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL, Data Lakes, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, SQL Architecture
SAP Business One, Data Visualization, Analytics, Data Analytics, Dashboards, Data Queries, Performance Tuning, User Experience (UX), SAP, Data Analysis, Statistics, User Interface (UI), Machine Learning, Strategy, Business Technology, Tableau Server, APIs, Web UI, User Authentication, Data Build Tool (dbt)
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Graduate Certificate in Data Mining and Machine Learning
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring