Platform Engineer2017 - 2018Datapipe Europe, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Python, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Go
- Designed/maintained/implemented easy-to-use APIs (managing k8s clusters, databases, network file systems) for the rest of the teams based on GRPC and REST.
- Designed and created APIs to run Terraform modules which were responsible for all of the infrastructure management that other teams were relying on.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD pipelines (unit, integration, smoke) for infrastructure APIs, so full testing can be done before other teams use them.
- Designed and implemented event-driven architecture which was powering the infrastructure APIs which helped having a more reactive and loosely coupled system.
- Worked on a tool which helped other teams install their helm charts as part of their CI/CD pipeline.
Python/Go Core Back-end Engineer2014 - 2017Gluru, Ltd. (United Kingdom)
Technologies: Microservices, Kubernetes, Redis, AWS Kinesis, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Go, Python
- Created event-driven architecture with DDD principles and event sourcing in place.
- Helped build a distributed data pipeline With RabbitMQ, Kinesis, and microservices.
- Helped the company to switch to microservice architecture from monolithic in a gradual way and still supporting the production environment.
- Helped implement the data collectors which were at the core of the business and were supplying the data for the distributed pipeline.
Full-Stack Django Developer2014 - 2014DigitalFirstVentures (via Toptal)
Technologies: Linux, Ansible, Celery, Redis, Elasticsearch, Django, Scrapy, Python
- Created an auto scraping system with ScraPy that was collecting data from various sites periodically.
- Created various background tasks that were responsible for heavy tasks with Celery.
- Created a Django REST API for representing the collected data on ElasticSearch.
- Wrote a component that was responsible for collecting and caching geo data for various addresses.
- Created simple to use deployment scripts with Ansible.
Back-End Python Web Developer2013 - 2013MobSafety
Technologies: REST, Celery, MongoDB, Flask, Python
- Worked on platform back-end, which primarily consisted of REST services, for Learnpal, a mobile learning platform for students. Its main purpose is to help schools manage, secure, and utilize mobile devices effectively in the classroom.
- Created a content publishing service for students in which teachers could suggest content from different sources. Involved retrieving data from iTunes, Google Play, and other sources in order to publish them in a unified data format for front-end development.
- Contributed to a service that prevented students from visiting inappropriate sites.
- Worked as the Python team lead in the final stages of the project.
Back-end Python Web Developer2012 - 2013Blue Chocolate, Inc.
- Developed and maintained back-end REST API for the application front-end for Getsendtask, a web app for sending tasks between users. The idea was to integrate email clients with task lists so as to simplify the sharing and sending of tasks.
- Created several modules for batch processing with Celery.
- Developed an integration module which allowed users to send tasks to their Google contacts.
- Deployed and released the product back-end.
Back-End Python Developer2011 - 2012Shooju
Technologies: Tornado, IPython, CouchDB, Flask, ZeroMQ, Python
- Created parsers to gather data from a variety of sources and formats (XLS, CSV, remote APIs), as well as convert said data into pre-defined, easy to process formats, for Shooju, a platform for data retrieval.
- Created a multi-processing worker framework for managing data retrieval which scaled according to a client's needs.
- Developed a modified version of the IPython notebook application which allowed users to create data parsers easily within their web browser.
- Worked on a Flask REST API (backed by CouchDB) to manage worker processes which were collecting data from different sources.
Embedded Linux Developr, Java Back-end Developer2010 - 2011Skynet A.Ş
Technologies: Linux, Spring, Java, POSIX, C
- Developed C modules (mainly extensions of the Net-SNMP protocol) for an embedded switch project which was running on Linux OS.
- Worked on an embedded ARM project in which I developed a module that allowed a board to update itself when a newer firmware version was available.
- Worked as a Java developer in a remote data reading project which involved reading and organizing data from remote metering devices.
- Created a multi-threaded data processing framework in Java that was able to read many remote metering devices simultaneously.
- Created parser modules for remote metering devices and store the output data in a unified format.
Back-End Java Developer2009 - 2010Netmera A.Ş
- The company's main product was a social networking web app which was based on Google's OpenSocial framework (now known as Apache Shindig).
- Worked with the Spring MVC framework to handle front-end requests.
- Deployed and managed the company's Linux servers.
- Worked on the Shindig source code to extend their gadget templating engine.
- Created OpenSocial-compatible gadgets.