Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Deniz has over nine years of experience in software test automation, framework, and test architecture design. He led and mentored teams and created guidelines about testing. Deniz is an expert on Selenium, Cypress, Playwright, WebdriverIO, Protractor, and many other test automation technologies and programming languages. He communicates exceptionally well and has a keen eye for details. Deniz has been working remotely for the last couple of years, providing expert guidance across continents.
The most amazing...
...thing I've led is testing the release of a well-known eCommerce brand used by tens of millions across continents.
Foreign Credentials Service of America (via Toptal)
- Fixed both UI and back end bugs that were found by me during exploratory testing.
- Wrote unit tests both for the front end and back end to increase code coverage.
- Designed test cases, extensive documentation, and test strategy.
- Executed exploratory tests as well as regular test sessions.
- Performed regression and smoke tests with each release cycle.
- Managed a team of seven highly skilled QA engineers in charge of automation framework development, maintenance, release testing, R&D activities, and load testing.
- Architectured the entire test approach for a new microservices product that replaced all the existing eCommerce sites of the company and was used by millions of people worldwide.
- Spearheaded the release of exploratory and regression testing for five eCommerce sites spanning three continents and used by millions of people.
- Enhanced the existing test automation framework architecture to make the automated tests more stable.
- Constructed CI pipelines for automated tests using GitLab.
- Led the effort to prove concepts of new technologies adapted to our existing solution set.
- Conducted technical interviews to hire new QA engineers.
- Led the effort for architecting load tests for the holiday readiness season.
Senior QA and Test Automation Engineer
- Spearheaded the test automation effort across the company.
- Designed and developed an E2E test automation framework capable of automating UI, mobile, and API tests from scratch using Java, Selenide, and TestNG.
- Provided training and guidelines about test automation, API testing, RESTful APIs, Java coding best practices, testing approaches, and strategies to the other team members.
- Led the effort to search for new technologies for test automation.
- Integrated the automated tests to the CI/CD pipelines using Docker and GitLab.
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Implemented guidelines about coding conventions, branching strategies, pull request reviews, and test automation best practices.
Mobile QA Engineer
Digital-arm (via Toptal)
- Led the overall testing effort for a mobile application that targets thousands of simultaneous users.
- Performed load tests using JMeter and Gatling tools.
- Designed test cases and performed regular smoke and regression tests.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Friend Finder Networks (via Toptal)
- Provided training to the other team members about test automation best practices.
- Reviewed automation code that was written by other junior team members and provided mentorship.
- Gave training about RESTful APIs, API test automation, and back-end testing.
- Designed test cases and test plans for multiple products.
- Developed test automation scripts that are used both in front-end and back-end testing.
- Created a test automation framework that was used across multiple teams and products.
Expert QA Engineer
Amadeus IT Group (Global Travel and Tourism Industry)
- Developed a custom test automation framework for the company product using TypeScript and Protractor.
- Wrote test automation scripts that are used across multiple teams.
- Conducted API testing using Postman and a custom in-house scripting tool.
- Designed test cases and test scenarios for multiple products.
- Executed regular regression and exploratory tests.
- Participated in R&D activities and regularly explored new technologies to be used inside the company tech stack.
- Developed and executed load tests and provided detailed metrics to the development and business teams.
Accenture Industrial Software Solutions (Global Management Consulting)
- Developed a test automation framework for web applications using Java and Selenium.
- Created automated UI tests for desktop web applications.
- Wrote automated UI tests for mobile applications using C#, Xamarin.UITest, and Java-Appium.
- Developed document-manipulating software using Python.
- Wrote API test automation scripts using Postman and SoapUI.
- Worked on front-end bug fixes using TypeScript-Angular.
- Designed and executed test scenarios for products that are used by thousands of people.
- Created test strategy and test plans document for multiple projects.
- Conducted regular exploratory and regression test sessions and provided root cause analysis to the development teams.
Havelsan, Inc. (Defense Industry)
- Supported the development of a custom test automation software by implementing record-and-play functionality to do real-time memory injections to full mission military simulators.
- Developed traceability, document creation, and manipulation software using Python.
- Designed, reviewed, and executed test cases for full mission military simulators.
Java and Selenide Test Automation Framework
• Modular design with Page Object Modal architecture
• Extremely stable, maintainable, and readable
• Easy to work with thanks to its design that implements near-English test step methods
• Ability to measure load times
• Ability to intercept and manipulate HTTP requests and responses
• Ability to send API calls to set up software configuration and test data
• Detailed Allure Test Reports with historical data
• Full integration with GitLab
• Docker and Docker compose set up
Protractor Test Automation Framework
· Designed according to the POM (Page Object Model) and uses separate objects for actions and selectors separated from the main page objects.
· Extensive reporting capabilities which included the ability to send regular emails to the relevant parties about the test execution status.
· The ability to send/validate API calls (REST requests) for software and test data configuration.
· The ability to check the load times of the page resources and create warnings about the delayed ones.
Java Test Automation Framework
· It was designed according to POM (Page Object Model).
· Implements page and element factory structures.
· Possesses extensive reporting capabilities.
· Validates database entries and file contents.
· Has the ability to use external DOCX, DOC, XLS, XLSX, CSV, and JSON files for inputting test data.
Python and C++ Based Custom Test Automation Software
This Python-based automation software was used in conjunction with a separate C++ based software in order to perform memory injections.
R&D Activities and Proof of Concepts
TestProject, Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Protractor, TestCafe, Cypress, Allure Testing Framework, Selenide, Angular, Laravel, React Native
Node.js, Selenium WebDriver, Chai, WebDriver, AssertJ
IntelliJ, Confluence, Bitbucket, TestRail, GitLab, Mocha, SuperTest, Jira, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Postman, Apache JMeter, Cucumber, REST Assured, Git, PyCharm, Bamboo, Jenkins, WebdriverIO, BrowserStack, SoapUI, CircleCI, Visual Studio, Gatling
Manual Testing, Automation, Automated Testing, REST, Test Automation, Load Testing, Page Object Model (POM), Scrum, Agile, Kanban, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Microservices, Software Testing
Docker, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Salesforce, Elastic Path, Xamarin
Quality Assurance (QA), Mobile App Testing, Manual QA, QA Automation, QA Leadership, QA Testing, QA Test Plan Management, Test Design, ISTQB, Regression Testing, Exploratory Testing, API Testing, APIs, ExtentReports, Apache Commons, Axios, Software Architecture, Release Management, BlazeMeter, Playwright, Back-end Development, Software Development, Data-level Security, Software Engineering, Mobile App Development
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology and Information Systems
Bilkent University - Ankara, Turkey
ISTQB Foundation Level
International Software Testing Qualifications Board