- Vice President of Engineering2008 - 2013VillageEdocs
Technologies: Java, JEE, Groovy, Grails, Oracle RDBMS, 4GL
- Worked as managing director for all 3 teams of engineering staff.
- Made technology decisions for the company.
- Implemented Scrum methodology for engineering teams.
- Assisted product owners in managing various product backlogs.
- Developed a Groovy / Grails application with an Oracle back-end and a Bootstrap / jQuery front-end.
- Implemented various services with Apache ActiveMQ and Mule ESB.
- Lead Engineer2000 - 2008GoSolutions, Inc
Technologies: JEE, Oracle, C/C++, ProC, SQL/PLSQL, 4GL
- Created Oracle C/C++ applications for Windows and Solaris.
- Developed a custom SMTP delivery agent to Oracle RDBMS.
- Built JEE applications and web services on JBoss.
- Developed telephony applications using related Dialogic technologies.
- Created speech recognition applications using Nuance C++ and Java APIs.
- Senior Database Architect1999 - 2000Moon Communications
Technologies: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft C++, Visual Basic
- Maintained existing Microsoft SQL server installations.
- Developed new database schema and supporting procedures.
- Migrated the entire SQL Server platform to Oracle RDBMS.
- Wrote a DLL "search" library using a 3rd party API and database.
- Helped the executive team to dismantle and shutdown the company.
- Vice President of Software Systems1997 - 1999Cybear, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle, Java, Visual Basic
- Hired and managed engineering resources.
- Organized requirements with business owners.
- Designed and implemented Oracle RDBMS schema for storing application data.
- Wrote a custom TCP/IP server daemon for transmitting application data.
- Coordinated the shift from development to the production network operations environment.
- Interviewed and staffed the application support team.
- Implemented an enterprise billing solution (Portal Software).
- Development Team Leader1996 - 1997Andrx Corporation
Technologies: Java, HTML, SQL
- Set up the development environment for building patient encounter applications.
- Interviewed and hired engineering staff.
- Developed an online order entry system (andanet.com).
- Researched Java-related technologies for web applications.
- Organized requirements with product owners.
- Healthcare System Integrator1996 - 1996IBM / ISSC
Technologies: 4GL, C, C++
- Completed onsite training with an Israeli technology company (Sirius).
- Conducted research for planning and implementing Sirius technology.
- Developed data loading and querying applications using Sirius APIs.
- Created a data repository for National Institute of Health data sets.
- Researched the HL7 data model for Sirius implementation.
- Programmer, Analyst1993 - 1996Medication Management Systems
Technologies: 4GL, IBM AS400, Oracle, Pro*C
- Developed 4GL applications for Unix systems.
- Wrote TCP/IP socket programs for IBM AS400 interfaces.
- Developed Oracle Pro*C client applications.
- Created asynchronous communication software according to ANSI X3.38 specifications.
- Created an HL7 parsing engine for encrypting and decrypting hospital data messages.