Mobile Developer2020 - PRESENTViva Health
- Developed an application for Viva Health's customers to access benefits, medical claims, and prescription claims.
- Implemented Amazon Cognito into the mobile app to be used as the authentication system.
- Oversaw deployment of the mobile app to the App Store and Google Play.
Software Developer2018 - PRESENTArray Information Technology
- Fixed the production issues listed in Jira and collaborated with the client's field testers to solve issues.
- Implemented new features in both the web application and the mobile app.
- Optimized SQL queries that would gather large amounts of data used in daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Converted a front end from Java Server Pages to React.
Development Team Lead2018 - 2019Maze Services
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, React Native, Google Cloud, AWS, Spring, Java, REST APIs, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS S3
- Built an MVP application for a beauty startup company, using React Native for iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Implemented a REST API, using the Spring Framework to provide back-end services to a mobile app built in React Native and a web application.
- Used AWS RDS (MySQL and PostgreSQL) to host a database and store application data as well as various file types, such as images and text files, using AWS S3.
Application Developer2016 - 2018Southern Company
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Primavera, AWS, Node.js, SQL, C#, .NET, Spring, Java
- Developed an admin-facing web app that kicked off daily batch jobs that would send reports to an email list.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Visited nuclear power plants to meet with the shadow users of the applications I maintained to gain insights on new features we could implement to make their jobs easier.
Software Developer2016 - 2016Standfield Systems
Technologies: Jenkins, SQL, Angular, JPA, Hibernate, Spring, Java, REST APIs
- Implemented a single-page application using a REST API built in Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Angular on the front end.
- Used Mercurial for version control, Jenkins for continuous integration, and Junit and Mockito for testing.
- Tracked issues using Jira and documented resolutions using Confluence.
- Mentored other developers who weren't familiar with Angular.
Application Developer2013 - 2016Kemper (Infinity Insurance)
- Developed applications that ran daily to generate numerous files to be sent to internal and third parties.
- Built the front end and back end of web applications using Java, JSP, JDBC, and servlets.
- Developed applications using TIBCO BusinessWorks to automate processes that needed to be done daily to decrease the daily manual workload.
- Maintained C++ and VB6 legacy applications used to handle processes that dealt with printing forms and sending data.