Verified Expert in Engineering
Derek is a well-versed developer with over five years of extensive developing experience around the front end, back end, and databases. He's a team player keen to focus on communications and always tries to convey thoughts and ideas concisely and accurately while getting feedback from others to make the work better as a whole.
Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed and developed is a storage-based UX deployment method that reduced the duration of UX deployment from a couple of hours to minutes.
Software Development Engineer 2
- Worked on a diagnostic service built on AWS CloudFormation custom resource, S3, and DynamoDB to monitor the health of AWS Lambda based on approaches of applying a rule-based engine and ML algorithms.
- Contributed to the full-stack development of a website that supports Amazon sellers' business and manages goods import/export.
- Served as a full-stack developer and built a website that supports podcasters in uploading podcasts and episodes for end users to consume.
ContractPod Technologies Limited
- Worked on the front and back end for a SaaS product company using Vue.js and .NET to implement a popup page for displaying items in different web drives, such as Google Drive, One Drive, and Dropbox.
- Prototyped a service that synchronizes data between an SQL database and third-party service using Azure Functions and Azure Service Bus.
- Tracked and fixed bugs by using Jira and other tools.
Software Engineer II
- Performed full-stack development, including front end, back end, and data pipeline) for the Microsoft 365 apps admin center at Office Experience Group (OXO).
- Developed various pages and common components, including home page, multi-level navigation bar, and breadcrumb navigation based on designs presented in Figma.com from UX designers by using React, Redux, and open-source frameworks and packages.
- Designed and implemented various services and public RESTful APIs by applying the microservices paradigm and utilizing Service Fabric, similar to one of the container technologies, to help services hosted on Azure.
- Designed and implemented the tenant association key, which powers millions of devices, managed by admins from Fortune 500 companies, onboarding to the Microsoft 365 Apps admin center.
- Set up data pipelines to ingest office release data daily using Cosmos, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Lake, which provides downstream services with the up-to-date aggerated data. It is consumed via other services and UX through UX RESTful APIs.
- Conducted platform development, including back end, database, build infrastructure, and compiler for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Implemented the load tests and various E2E tests by utilizing xUnit and Fluent Assertions frameworks to validate the system functionality through Azure.
- Acted as a key contributor to V2 extension’s database synchronization engine and data upgrade workflow, keeping schema and data consistency between upgrading from different extension versions.
- Designed and implemented the conversion engine for converting customers’ page customizations of Dynamics 365 Business Central from V1 XML delta to V2 customized syntax by utilizing Roslyn compiler code analysis APIs.
Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Centerhttps://config.office.com
C#, TypeScript, Java, CSS, HTML, SQL, HTML5, Sass
Redux, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, Jest, ADO.NET, Google Guice, .NET
React, Azure Blob Storage API, Node.js, REST APIs, OpenID
Visual Studio, Azure Key Vault, AWS CloudFormation, IntelliJ IDEA, Webpack, Autofac, Azure Application Gateway, xUnit.net, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS Step Functions
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure Service Fabric, Azure, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Functions, Amazon EC2
Software Deployment, Azure Service Bus, Distributed Systems, Enzyme, AWS Cloud Development, Machine Learning, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, RESTful Microservices, Software as a Service (SaaS), OAuth
Redis Cache, Azure SQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Queue Storage, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City, SD, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring