Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Derryn is a data scientist and subject-matter expert in reliability engineering and survival statistics. He has worked as a manager, project lead, and specialist in the aviation, mining, defense, and utility industries. Derryn has a proven track record of successfully developing and deploying data science solutions that add significant value to organizations.
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a Python package, SurPyval, to perform survival statistics in Python.
Legal Business Services, LLC
- Developed a competing risk software module in Python to help predict the risk of legal finance contracts defaulting.
- Explored data and developed notebooks on the Databricks platform.
- Provided input into building a cashflow model from competing risk survival model.
- Developed a tool to aid UBH in delivering training. The tool allowed users to identify the risk of burnout in their teams and identify action plans that could be used to minimize the risk of team members burning out.
- Performed the role of a senior developer, architect, engagement lead, and back-end developer.
- Integrated the Neo4j graph database solution and deployed it to the Google Cloud Platform.
- Led a team of engineers, maintenance professionals, and data scientists in finding, assessing, and developing solutions to reduce costs and risks.
- Developed algorithms to predict the time until machines' failures occur and to optimize the recommended interventions to minimize costs.
- Oversaw the development of an internal web tool with ML features to manage the process of digitizing documents of maintenance activities into a database.
- Worked on several projects that required analysis from large and disparate datasets to analyze and visualize findings.
- Tasked with communicating findings and recommending future courses of action once datasets were analyzed and visualized.
- Developed an algorithm to understand the risk of failure of conveyor belts.
- Created a methodology to predict the cost-optimal time in the future to replace belts of conveyors.
- Built complex models to predict how changes in machine performance behaviors will impact organizational productivity.
Senior Reliability Engineer
- Analyzed gigabytes of data to extract meaningful insights on which business the company could take clear and effective actions.
- Led engagements with clients to deliver what they needed.
- Contributed to an extensive simulation study to help a large aviation organization improve its performance.
Reliability Engineering Toolhttp://www.reliafy.com
Python, SQL, Python 3
Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, React
Data Science, REST
Statistics, Analysis, Analytics, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Management, Deep Neural Networks, Google Login, Engineering, Consulting, Value Analysis, APIs, Data, Back-end, Front-end
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Databricks
Google Cloud, Graph Databases, MongoDB, Neo4j, JSON, Databases
Master's Degree in Philosophy
University of New England - New South Wales, Australia
Master's Degree in Reliability Engineering
University of Maryland - College Park, MD, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) - Canberra, Australia
DeepLearning.AI TensorFlow Developer
Deep Learning Specialization