Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019FetchMD
Technologies: Swift, Cocoa Touch, Git
- Developed an app that enabled a user to schedule an in-person visit or video chat with a health care provider.
- Developed an app that enabled health care providers to manage their schedules and electronic medical records.
- Worked with the back-end team to design the GraphQL schema for the internal API.
- Integrated with third parties such as Stripe, Branch, Beacon, and Twilio.
- Created internal, shared frameworks with both unit test and UI test coverage.
Technical Co-founder2009 - 2018Extinguish, LLC.
- Created and designed the iOS app and web client that manages 7,000 building plans and 70,000 hydrants for more than 400 fire departments around the world.
- Created a robust syncing solution between customer devices and company servers.
- Developed an internal account management system that allowed the team to administer customer accounts and track invoices.
- Managed company and product direction as the technical co-founder.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2016GoPro
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, Git, AVFoundation, Core Data
- Led a team of iOS engineers on the development of Splice, a top-performing video editor on the iOS App Store.
- Rebranded Splice so that it fit within the GoPro brand’s look and feel.
- Led development efforts on components internal to GoPro that were used across multiple teams. Components included UI elements, a photo and video picker, and social account management for Facebook, Google, Instagram, Dropbox, and GoPro Plus.
- Worked with multiple teams in various timezones to deliver functionality within Splice and Quik mobile apps.
Senior iOS Engineer2014 - 2016Vemory, Inc.
Technologies: Swift, AVFoundation, Git
- Led a team and was the primary developer during the complete rewrite of the Splice app, a top-ranked video editor for iOS.
- Aided in the conversations and processes that led to the GoPro acquisition of Vemory.
- Developed Splice's custom video compositor, which supported real-time playback of multiple video and audio tracks, powerful filters, text rendering, and transitions. Every video frame in Splice was generated by this compositor.
- Architected and developed Splice's threading model, which was built on top GCD and NSOperation. The patterns used facilitated background tasks and complex dependency graphs while maintaining thread safety.
- Created UI elements, including custom views and controls, custom collection view layouts, reusable child view controllers, and reusable view controller containers. Several of these custom views utilized multiple gesture recognizers working together.
- Architected and developed Splice's data model, which was built on top of Core Data.
- Transitioned the Vemory app from a team of six contractors to in-house development. Vemory was a social photo slideshow editor and video maker.
Software Engineer II2013 - 2014RetailMeNot
Technologies: Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, PHP, Python, Java
- Showed versatility and a get-it-done attitude by contributing to all facets of the mobile platforms, including the iOS and Android apps, internal administrative tools, and the mobile API.
- Focused on the development of the RetailMeNot iOS app, which contains hundreds of thousands of coupons and tens of thousands of stores.
- Contributed to the RetailMeNot Android app, which was installed on over 500,000 devices.
- Updated and maintained internal PHP-backed web tools for managing content that was displayed in the app and the Java-based API that the mobile apps used.
- Created an internal iOS app that allowed employees of RetailMeNot to choose the meals that were catered.
- Worked with Product, QA, API engineers, and other mobile engineers in a Scrum development cycle.