Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Dhaval has 14+ years of overall experience in the IT industry, spending over ten years building DevOps and cloud solutions. He is self-motivated, able to work independently, and possesses strong interpersonal skills, enabling quick consensus and decision-making. Dhaval is an expert in building strong, successful technical teams and coaching and mentoring individuals along their career paths, considering his 4+ years of leadership and management roles.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, DevOps, Solution Architecture, Containers, Kubernetes, DevSecOps, Cloud Infrastructure
The most amazing...
...projects I've built include IaaC, microservices architecture, canary deployments, highly-available infrastructures, containerization, cloud migration, and more.
Fin3 Technologies, Inc.
- Developed the infrastructure using Terraform for multi-cloud solutions, AWS, and Azure. Implemented helm repositories for deploying applications in one go. Implemented service mesh and mTLS in AKS and EKS.
- Tracked all issues and bugs using Jira. Implemented logging and monitoring using container insights and CloudWatch on AWS. Implemented AD-based authentication policies for AKS and related services.
- Maintained the infrastructure and application deployment process using GitHub Actions and developed customized solutions to automate the process of CI/CD, helping developers deploy infrastructure and applications seamlessly.
Senior Principal Engineer
Payments Network Malaysia Sdn Bhd | PayNet
- Supported the technology behind the applications like JomPAY, FPX, and ECMS. Managed environments that will scale based on the payment gateway's traffic received and provide uninterrupted customer service.
- Enabled automation for continuous deployments and automated testing, allowing errorless application version upgrade to enhance customer experience.
- Provided a solution to migrate AWS applications and architecture for scalable applications in PayNet considering Bank Negara Malaysia's rules and regulations.
- Implemented an Elasticsearch cluster for Malaysia and Prague's DHL courier tracking system, capable enough to consume 1TB of data every day and handle the queries from internal and external systems.
- Enabled data archive after some days and purge after a certain time via the implementation of the Elasticsearch cluster. This will help keep storage clean, and no need to add additional storage.
- Executed automation to allow engineers to add and remove nodes whenever required into or from the cluster through scripts in the pipeline.
Technical Lead, DevOps
AirAsia Group Berhad
- Supported AirAsia on every aspect of the digital transformation by building and supporting the cloud platform for AA on GCP and AWS for non-airline businesses: AA food, hotels, grocer, beauty, snap, health, shop, iKhlas, and BigPay.
- Implemented a different cloud platform and database structure for AirAsia China as per Chinese government rules.
- Achieved canary-based deployments for the AirAsia applications where deployments of a new version of the application will take place percentage-wise and rollback deployment of the latest version in case any error occurs.
- Executed an IaaC-based infrastructure configuration so that infra for any project on the cloud platform can be tuned in minutes and teardown after usage, helping AirAsia save enormous costs.
Assistant Vice President, DevOps
Astro Malaysia Holdings
- Guided the organization to adopt a DevOps methodology. Streamlined projects with the Agile methodology and DevOps framework where I implemented the architecture's blueprint, build and release automation, QA automation, and incident management.
- Used Bitbucket pipelines for CI/CD automation and self-managed an AWS Kubernetes cluster with spot instances to manage cost and workload. Automated the performance testing environment using a JMeter cluster set up on Kubernetes.
- Implemented a solution to find out unused resources in AWS and saved costs by terminating resources after a certain time, reserving long-running nodes for the projects. This helped Astro to save money on investments.
- Implemented a platform, SUOK, that consumed 1.2 million monthly unique web visitors at its launch in 2019.
- Enabled the Astro Payment Gateway to serve and consume Malaysia's traffic through the eCommerce website Go Shop and other commercial websites using the Astro Payment Gateway. Astro achieved part of RM770.64 million in FY 2018.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Implemented designed-for-failure architecture for a production environment that is scalable and highly available with complete automation.
- Executed IaaC using Chef, a build and release pipeline using Jenkins, SAST using SonarQube, and DAST using OWASP dependency-check. Utilized a build-once and deploy-anywhere strategy with an artifact repository.
- Allowed each build to achieve a production grade with zero security vulnerability in code and infra.
- Built a dashboard with business insight for application performance. Helped the business with time to market within a minimal time frame and earned three major clients within a year.
Senior System and Network Administrator
- Took part in an alert logic threat management team where I had to configure various products for security purposes, collect all possible logs, and create alerts for the threat management system.
- Collected 10,000+ unique alerts from various products. Created automation to identify unique IDs, remove duplicate IDs, test an XML parser file for threat management, push to the dev environment, and rollout to QA and UAT environments with SVN.
- Helped developers minimize time checking, committing, and pushing each file manually via the automation of parser file check and rollout. Alerts allowed critical messages on the threat management system and avoided security breaches for many clients.
Customer Support Engineer
Allied Digital Services Ltd.
- Provided support for various clients from different industry domains on network and system administration.
- Managed to provide support for more than 250 company people.
- Reduced IT-related issues by 90% through proactive monitoring and administration of the IT infrastructure.
ezCAC | Computer Assisted Coding
ezCAC isn’t simply an encoder. It empowers facilities to boost coding productivity, identify documentation deficiencies, reduce accounts receivable, and discharge not final coded days.
APG — Astro Payment Gatewayhttps://pay.astro.com.my
Eventually, digital transformation helped boost Malaysia's economy and increased the company's pretax income by 27.38% in 2018. Astro achieved part of RM770.64 million in FY 2018.
Syok — Home of Radio, Music, and Podcasthttps://syok.my
SYOK, which houses all 25 radio brands under one roof, is available online and on the mobile app to cater to changing media consumption patterns. SYOK users get to stream all 25 Astro Radio brands and gain access to SYOK Originals featuring bespoke short-form videos and SYOKcast, exclusive podcasts produced by SYOK.
XML, Python, Java
Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), VPN, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Helm, Istio, ELK (Elastic Stack), Grafana, Amazon EKS, Chef, Ansible, Apache JMeter, Subversion (SVN), Snort
DevOps, DevSecOps, Microservices, Agile, Automation, Microservices Architecture, Azure DevOps
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Kubernetes, Linux, Windows, Google App Engine, Docker, PagerDuty, Unix, Firebase, Blockchain
Elasticsearch, Database Migration, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis Cache, Amazon DynamoDB, Alibaba Cloud
Solution Architecture, Containers, Cloud Infrastructure, IT Administration, Network Administration, Shell Scripting, Cloud Migration, CI/CD Pipelines, Jira Administrator, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Firewalls, Canary Releases, IT Infrastructure, Server Infrastructure, AWS Auto Scaling, Agile DevOps, Containerization, Prometheus, Autoscaling, System Administration, Container Orchestration, Leadership, API Gateways, Google BigQuery, DocumentDB, VMware ESXi, Amazon API Gateway, QA Automation, Networking, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, Networks, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), ASA Firewalls, Unified Threat Management (UTM), Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)