Software Engineer2015 - 2016Scrapinghub
Technologies: Scrapy, Celery, Django, Python
- Built an internal HR Web Application with Django. Synchronized the application with a GitHub repo as described in a blog post (https://blog.scrapinghub.com/2015/06/08/git-for-managing-vacations). Besides working on new features and bug fixes, focused on improving code quality and introduced unit tests to the project.
- Evaluated Scrapy trial projects from candidates looking to join the company.
- Developed a Slack chatbot that showed employee time off due to vacations, local holidays, etc. The bot was used by hundreds of people as the company was fully distributed and consisted 100% of remote workers.
- Developed and maintained a project with 1k+ web crawling spiders that scraped physician information for a client in the healthcare industry.
- Contributed to projects for the Data Services team, building web scraping spiders that crawled 1M+ pages, usually popular sites whose datasets were regularly asked for by clients (social networks, classifieds sites, etc.). Crawled datasets were sold.
Software Developer2015 - 2015Taxit
Technologies: Spring, Java, PostgreSQL, Python-rq, Redis, Flask, Django, Python
- Built an invoice validation API using Flask and Python. The API is backed by a form submission bot, as the Paraguayan government online tax system lacks a web API. Used Redis as an asynchronous task queue. It currently processes 150k+ documents monthly.
- Contributed to the user facing web application written with Python and Django.
- Developed and maintained back-end services written with Java and Spring.
- Worked alongside designers on a revamped UI/UX for the user-facing web application and led its implementation.
Software Developer2013 - 2015Sodep S.A.
- Built digital signage software targeted to large buildings like hospitals, office buildings, airports, etc. (for Dutch company http://www.smartsigns.nl/).
- Development on both back-end and front-end for product Captura, an application which allows users to capture field data using mobile devices.(http://www.captura.com.py).
- Built a lightweight application that fetched data periodically from different databases. Bundled an embedded Jetty web server serving a configuration web interface. This was meant to be used alongside product Captura (http://www.captura.com.py).
- Improved dependency management and build processes by converting a large Java project from a collection of tightly coupled libraries with manual dependency management to a single Maven multi-module project.
- Migrated a large Java project from SVN to Git.