CTO and Co-founder2018 - 2019VRdirect
Technologies: Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Video Players, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Cloud, WebXR, Virtual Reality (VR), Agile Software Development, Unity
- Co-founded the startup as a spinoff, bringing the whole development team and IP over to the new company.
- Managed companywide technology and innovation efforts and led the development team to fulfill product and engineering requirements.
- Co-formulated the company vision and product strategy, which helped secure several funding rounds.
- Established IT, engineering, and Agile development processes, using Atlassian and Azure Cloud tools.
Senior Software Engineer | Interactive Media Specialist2012 - 2017RE'FLEKT
Technologies: Android, ARKit, Projection Mapping, UX, Software Architecture, Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM), Software Engineering, Mixed Reality (MR), Objective-C, C#, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR)
- Developed breakthrough VR research work for Audi, which was presented in Unity's Vision VR/AR Summit.
- Led the team and product development of an interactive 360 VR platform that went on to become a new company.
- Participated in the development of the WDR Cologne Dome interactive 360 experience for the cathedral. After its release on Android, iOS, and Oculus, it had 15,000+ users.
- Played a key role in the company's growth from nine to 60+ employees. Took part in recruiting and establishing internal and engineering processes.
- Worked on a wide range of projects with clients, ranging from small agencies to big corporations such as Porsche, Audi, BMW, and P7S1, one of Europe's most successful media companies.
- Spearheaded innovation efforts for the Hyperloop augmented windows project.