Verified Expert in Engineering
Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, SaaS, WordPress, Bitbucket, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ActiveAdmin, Agile, Ruby
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is the transformation of ADCO Electronics, one of the biggest services companies in Western Australia, from a manual to paperless organization.
Logical Web Solution
- Developed a system for online medical services and process improvement for patient-doctor engagement.
- Oversaw the development process of a retail software in the WordPress technology.
- Introduced the project management tool Jira in the company for bug reporting and progress tracking. We used Agile SDLC.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a platform to automate onboarding, appointments, reminders, and complete treatment plan processes for Advanced Dental Artistry, a leading restorative and cosmetic dentistry provider in Perth, Australia.
- Transformed ADCO Electronics, one of the biggest services companies in Western Australia, from a manual to a paperless organization.
- Developed a Camp Connect system for a startup company in Australia. This system covers multiple use cases and can revolutionize the mining and construction industry by helping the on-site workforce.
- Created a web crawler to fetch data from Australia's stock and trading platform (hotcopper.com.au) and displayed the data on the front end. Created this MVP and deployed the code live. (https://peaceful-mountain-35290.herokuapp.com/).
- Developed a business evaluation tool for an Australian startup, allowing companies to join the platform and benefit from future planning by evaluating the current state of their business.
- Enhanced the existing Western Australia sports federation system to enable the club owners to dynamically make the plan for every year and built the meeting agenda module. The WA government sponsored the project.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a system for a French client with a comprehensive e-signature and payment tool to help process domestic and international transactions between service providers and their customers.
- Improved the US-based TenantRex real estate project to standardize commercial real estate financial data to create market indices that helped brokers determine fair market price value. Developed the mortgage calculator for this project.
- Led the team of five developers along with back-end development.
Web Application Developer
- Set up an online eCommerce store for a UK-based client using WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Developed a plugin for a Dubai-based real estate client to customize the core WordPress functionality enabling the admin to use the same images for different properties when the properties were identical, saving space and loading effort.
- Developed a Revolution Health Club website for an Australian client to track health progress and schedule fitness classes.
- Developed a reputation management survey as a WordPress plugin for a US client. The plugin was for sale on CodeCanyon and the client's website.
- Developed an image processing and designing tool to design the QuBees.
Advanced Dental Artistryhttps://advanceddentalartistry.com.au/
I developed a system to automate the process of tracking the treatment plans, appointments, customer history, and payments that they initially followed manually on paper. The administrator at the reception can create a patient account and manage patients from the admin portal. The patient can then track everything via a mobile app. Also, reminders are sent via SMS for all events, such as appointments and payments.
I played a key role in the admin portal, API development, and code deployment on Amazon EC2.
This system is a combination of web admin portals and mobile apps. The admin portal has three layers—super admin, company admin, and site admin portals. The platform is developed with Ruby on Rails for web admin and React Native for mobile apps. For maps, we used the KMZ technology. Deployment was made on AWS EC2, S3, SNS, and SES.
As the team leader of this project, my significant contribution was to the back-end development. The mobile app development team worked under my supervision also and collaborated with the designer. I was directly reporting to our CTO.
This product helped the company minimize paper use and track the work of on-site workers. On the admin portal, management can view and analyze submitted data in real time. Now, organizations can sign up from mobile apps and use their admin portal to handle the operations.
We developed the admin portal in the Ruby on Rails platform with the help of multiple other libraries. The deployment was on AWS EC2 and S3 for file storage. Mobile apps were developed in React Native.
I worked as the team lead and back-end developer, managing the whole team and reporting to the top management. I communicated with the client to gather requirements and wore multiple hats.
Clean Your Name (Web Scraping)https://cleanyourname.com/
Australia's Stock Trading Scrapper (https://hotcopper.com.au/)
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Stimulus, Tailwind CSS
Ruby on Rails API, React, REST APIs, jQuery, Devise, Zendesk API, Sidekiq
Bitbucket, Jira, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Zoom, Postman, Git, RubyMine, Slack, Turbo, SendGrid, Formstack, Apple Push Notifications, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS)
Agile, Scrum, REST, Database Design, DevOps, Web App Design
Amazon EC2, WordPress, WooCommerce, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio, Engine Yard, Heroku
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MySQL
Team Management, Software Development, Web Scraping, ActiveAdmin, APIs, Back-end, Full-stack, Algorithms, Scraping, Communication, Ruby Gems, Web Development, Back-end Development, Web Applications, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Charts, Leadership, SaaS, IT Project Management, Payment APIs, Plugins, Themes, Image Processing, Technical Requirements, Data Scraping, Web Crawlers, Websites, Development, Team Mentoring, eCommerce, Office 365, Data Organization, Hotwire, Software Architecture, API Integration, Full-stack Development, User Experience (UX), Query Optimization, Accounting Software, Web Security, DocuSign, Data Cleaning, User Interface (UI), Product Management
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
National University of Sciences and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan