Verified Expert in Engineering
Dion is a seasoned professional with over ten years of experience delivering complex web-based applications. He excels in multiple development methodologies, adhering to design principles, creating development standards, and staying up-to-date on the latest web-based developments. Dion communicates complex solutions in a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand, making him a valuable asset to any team. His passion for staying current makes him an invaluable asset to any organization.
The most amazing...
...web app I've delivered to a big client included leading a team, anticipating future needs, communicating effectively, and delivering on time and within budget.
- Worked on various web-facing projects with clients, including a major eCommerce retailer, JetPay Now, ContractPod Ai, and TripFez.
- Built and launched several successful UI products using modern front-end frameworks, increasing customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Worked closely with UX design teams to create intuitive UIs and impactful customer experiences.
- Integrated various APIs to improve user experience.
- Developed new UI features for multiple co-brands within a major eCommerce brand portfolio while working with team members to integrate them into their platform.
- Designed and developed web applications using React and Next.js.
- Built a reusable component system to serve as the foundational base for the entire site for TripFez Travel, demonstrating my ability to create efficient and scalable code.
- Developed an app that allows users to post, favorite, and comment on recipes and allows admins to create global notifications, display maps of submitted recipes around the world, and more.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool. Utilized GitHub to manage pull requests before merging features into the master branch.
- Collaborated with team members across three different time zones to take tasks from beginning to completion within deadlines. Utilized Zoom video sessions to brainstorm and perform code pairing exercises to enable knowledge transfers.
Product and Front-end Developer
- Conducted user research to design product pages. Helped strengthen the brand and build customer trust.
- Created wireframes, mockups, and overall design assets. Built out production-ready responsive HTML and CSS pages.
Senior UI Developer
- Took part in an agile team that worked on the production-facing website. I played a key role in the entire site rebranding, collaborated with my team to build new mobile ad products, and worked heavily on responsive design components.
- Worked on components that heavily utilized responsive design. Rebuilt a pill identification app in React from scratch.
- Assisted in peer code reviews, knowledge transfers, developer testing, and research tasks for the site rebuild, positively impacting the team's success.
- Participated in agile development and ensured high-quality products.
Front-end Developer III
- Worked on prototyping various iterations of client side facing pages to use in user research testing labs.
- Included bringing live product API data into pages to make testing of the shopping experience dynamic.
- Collaborated on site rebranding as well as building new site features. Tested user trust, user conversions, and increased sales through A/B testing.
- Created an internal platform that allowed the ability to prototype new eBay pages rapidly. Included a repository of components, live data, and the ability to add custom UI interactions on the fly.
- Assisted in peer code reviews, knowledge transfers, website testing, and research tasks for the site.
- Utilized Sass and implemented client-side interfaces using React components.
- Worked on the first mobile web version of the Apple.com website.
- Delivered implementation of new web interactions. Used a critical eye for detail honed from my design background. Utilized testing and debugging skills from working on cross-platform websites to meet Apple standards.
- Delegated tasks to junior developers and mentored them to get them up to speed on requirements.
Front-end Designer for eCommerce
Advance Auto Parts
- Maintained the production site through several production tasks, such as creating functional prototypes for user testing labs and creating landing pages and newsletters.
- Coordinated with the offshore development team to lead the integration of a new eCommerce store redesign with back-end templates.
- Built components and set the schedule for all eCommerce promotional materials in IBM WebSphere.
HTML Marketing Technology Developer
- Created HTML/CSS marketing materials for the FriendFinder, Inc. network of sites.
- Sliced out images for landing pages, interactive banners, newsletters, and other production materials using Adobe Photoshop. Used Adobe ImageReady to create custom GIF animations for ad units.
- Devised marketing materials consisting of templating geo-targeted web banners, various landing pages, co-branding pages, fully featured co-branded sites, and multi-language support.
- Developed a monthly affiliate newsletter while ensuring a proper display across Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail email providers. Completed bug resolution through Bugzilla.
Toptal React Accelerator
Galavantier Event Pagehttps://www.galavantier.com/las-vegas/nightclubs/xs-nightclub
Bootstrap 3, Angular, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Material UI, Svelte, Next.js, Express.js, ASP.NET, Laravel
jQuery, Highcharts, Vue, React, Node.js, REST APIs, Liquid
Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Google Web Designer, Axure RP Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Sublime Text, Git, Grunt, Bower, Bugzilla, Webpack, Figma
Agile Software Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), UI Design, UX Design, Agile
WordPress, Shopify, MacOS, Drupal, IBM WebSphere, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Lambda
JSON, MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Responsive Design, PSD to HTML, Freelancing, Responsive UI, Front-end Development, Front-end, UI Development, Banner Ads, Digital Communication, HTML Templates, Design, Landing Pages, Websites, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Web App UX, HTML Email, Newsletters, Animation, Typefaces, Axure, PSD to Shopify, Storybook, Atlas, API Gateways
Associate's Degree in Digital Media Communications
Katherine Gibbs School - Melville, NY, USA
Toptal React Accelerator Graduate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring