Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Gradle, TestNG, JUnit, Apache Lucene, HDFS, Apache Avro, Rest.li, Apache Samza, Apache Kafka, RocksDB, Bash, Python, Java
- Designed and built a near real-time comment relevance system that powers all relevant comments on the LinkedIn feed. The system is based on a machine learning model and a Kafka and Samza based indexing and serving architecture that serves an audience of 500 million people.
- Led a team of 5 engineers and filed a patent for the system.
- Restructured an internal query language for querying FollowFeed (the LinkedIn feed system). The restructured query language supports all LinkedIn feed traffic across 130+ use cases on the website and supports over 500 million queries a day.
- Hosted information sharing sessions, tech talks, and mentored junior engineers in their individual roles.
Software Engineer2011 - 2016
- Built collaborative filtering systems that process > 1 billion requests a day in the critical path of Google's search and mobile experiences.
- Developed near real-time Twitter recommendations surfaced for news-like queries in searches: 1 billion+ requests per day in the critical request path for Google search. (low latency, high availability, globally distributed indexing and serving).
- Shared offline infrastructure for location data (~ petabytes of data); signal to location based predictions on several Google systems (Search, Android: Google Now).
- Evaluated and reviewed infrastructure for recommendation relevance (used internally by 30+ teams).
- Unified Google's look and feel across properties with a common infrastructure with 2 UI refreshes.
- Made back-end endpoints for product access customization on all Google properties (100+ products).
- Built the UI and infrastructure features around authentication (used by 1 billion+ users); helped onboard 10+ new products.
Chief Technical Architect2009 - 2011Zigndog
- Managed and defined client requirements, production deadlines, code quality, and the complete architecture of the solution delivered by the company.
- Provided timely and highly technical in-depth advice and generated new clients.
- Set up the complete tech stack for the company.
- Executed on 20+ projects including name brand clients IIM Kozhikode, Hindustan Times, and more.
Engineering Intern2010 - 2010Qualcomm
Technologies: Nose, Pytest, Bluetooth, Python
- Was selected as one of the 4 interns from India to work on projects at Qualcomm headquarters at San Diego as part of the Qualcomm Technology and Innovators Program.
- Worked on a low-power PAN/BAN chip as part of the corporate R&D group.
Software Development Engineer (Intern)2009 - 2009Microsoft
Technologies: .NET, XSLT, XML, BizTalk, C#
- Worked on the BizTalk Server Developer Tools team.
- Implemented a novel, stateless coalescing algorithm on the .NET TreeView Control to implement a feature proposed by Robertson et al. in their HCI Paper.
- Implemented the visualization of mappings between schemas for the Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM SIGCHI.