Verified Expert in Engineering
Dmitriy is an entrepreneur and full-stack software engineer with in-depth experience designing and developing large systems and building entire products end-to-end. He has worked with numerous programming languages and frameworks and built back-end systems, websites, and command-line tools. Dmitriy has led projects, completed migrations, created new features, improved documentation processes, and delivered scalable hosting platforms to solve client issues.
Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, React, GraphQL, SQL, Full-stack
The most amazing...
...achievement I am proud of is how I overhauled the access control (RBAC) system for a complex app, which immediately resulted in a new $50,000 per year sale.
Head of Engineering
Insurance Sales Lab
- Led the engineering function to build a new web app for the company's learning management system and marketing product (website landing pages).
- Built a scalable, low-maintenance system that allowed the company to reduce its reliance on technical support roles.
- Served as the team lead and collaborated closely with the company executive staff to define the product vision and roadmap.
Software Engineer and Founder
- Founded a company to develop communications and invoicing tools for community associations.
- Built out the entire product end-to-end, including the back-end and web app.
- Developed a platform to facilitate payments between third-parties.
- Designed and developed major new features, such as the access control (RBAC) functionality and authentication system.
- Collaborated with customers to identify their needs and aggregated feedback into concrete recommendations for product improvements.
- Led multi-month projects to refactor and redesign prominent aspects of a software system.
- Improved the state of API documentation by setting up OpenAPI and documenting the essential APIs of the product.
- Developed a scalable website hosting platform built on WordPress.
- Built websites and integrated them with other services to develop custom functionality.
- Collaborated with clients to design websites and connected them with graphic designers to create their brands.
Go Library for Rendering HTMLhttps://github.com/dchenk/go-render-quill
Express.js, Redux, Jest, Next.js
GitHub, Sequelize, Prisma, Figma
Unit Testing, REST, Database Design, Agile Project Management
PostgreSQL, JSON, MySQL
Technical Writing, Full-stack, Engineering, Project Scoping, APIs, Web Development, API Integration, Apollo Server, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Development Management, Technical Leadership, Vite, OpenTelemetry
Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), WordPress
Bachelor of Science Degree in Philosophy with a Minor in Mathematics
Portland State University - Portland, Oregon, USA