Lead Front-end Developer2019 - PRESENTBlacc Spot Media, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, TypeScript, MobX
- Worked in a team on creating two React applications.
- Played a role of a FE technical leader and architect.
- Integrated a few tools to improve development experience, overall code quality and to ensure consistent formatting.
- Improved the codebase to be more strictly typed to eliminate type errors.
- Reviewed and updated configuration of two FE projects for better maintainability (reverted CRA ejection).
- Reviewed code coming from other FE developers to ensure that it was following best practices and internal conventions.
Front-end Engineer2017 - 2019Media.net (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, ES2015+, Webpack
- Worked in a team to create a sophisticated React-based SPA based on provided designs and business requirements.
- Introduced a few conventions to writing code for both performance and consistency/maintainability.
- Migrated a custom Webpack configuration to use create-react-app boilerplate.
- Played a role of a FE technical leader and handled code quality assurance.
- Introduced a new approach for writing integration tests covering all application layers from the point of interacting with API to rendering components.
Front-end Lead Developer2011 - 2018KMS Lighthouse
- Led the front-end team and served as client-side architect for this project.
- Worked continuously on the improvement of the GUI and the usability of the application.
- Reviewed the work of other team members.
- Contributed to the project's dramatic change from being an old application supported only by earlier versions of Internet Explorer to a solid, nice looking cross-browser solution that has enabled the company to take a leading position in the market and attract new customers around the world.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2017Unbiased, Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Webpack, Grunt, Vue.js, ES6
- Developed the front-end part of three web applications.
- Helped implement business requirements and integrate front-end solutions using AngularJS.
Web and Software Developer2009 - 2010Irknet Telecom
- Worked on a number of tasks related to the design and the implementation of various tools for network management and monitoring.
- Created the GUI for many of these tools.
- Developed a file sharing system based on the Bit Torrent protocol and integrated it into the company multimedia web portal. As far as I can see, it is still working perfectly without any major changes.
Web Developer2008 - 2010Internet-Promotion
- Contributed to the development of websites for local companies using different CMS (Joomla, for instance).
- Programmed in HTML/JS and CSS as well as doing some server-side programming and database maintenance.
Web Developer2008 - 2009For-Media
- Created the mail client and the UI for it for Irkutsk.ru, one of the city web portals.
- Implemented both server and client side features.
- Took part here in the development of several smaller websites, such as Bipol.co.uk.
Engineer, Atmosphere Diagnostics Laboratory2007 - 2008Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics (Russian Academy of Science, Siberian branch)
Technologies: С++, Matlab
- Completed a graduation capstone project dedicated to the orbit calculation of celestial bodies.
- Developed the software for processing data from Irkutsk incoherent scatter radar.