Senior Software Architect2014 - PRESENTPayPal
- Architected and developed middleware infrastructure libraries and related microservices using Java and Docker.
- Built microservice discovery mechanisms and infrastructure for request routing, tracking, and visualization.
- Developed automatic Grafana dashboard creation for microservice metrics monitoring.
- Developed a management front end for Quartz-based job execution service library.
- Architected an authentication service (OAuth 2-based) used to authorize users (mobile/web), services for service-to-service communication, and third-party support logins.
- Served as an evangelist for new technologies and guide for their integrations.
- Worked closely with upper management to identify future projects, migration deadlines, microservice monitoring, metrics collection, alerts, and security updates.
Senior Software Architect2012 - 2014InPowered
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Solr, jQuery, Node.js, Hadoop, POI, Amazon EC2, AWS S3, AWS, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Designed and developed native ads distribution, analytics, and a management platform.
- Worked closely with support, data science, and operations teams in order to deliver a product that helps the company to achieve high conversion goals and was simple to administer.
- Architected and developed the discovery of new content based on crawled articles.
- Worked on brand sentiment extraction automation technologies.
- Designed business intelligence reporting for management.
- Built APIs for various internal and external client applications and modules.
- Created procedures for raw events data conversion into RDS using Hadoop.
Senior Software Architect2010 - 2012CloudTalk
Technologies: FFmpeg, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, Java
- Architected and developed the front end (web portal/admin portal), and middleware for social networking applications.
- Created APIs for various clients (iPhone, Android, Flash).
- Supported two social networking applications that used multiple media types (text, voice, images, video): CloudTalk and JustSayin (available in Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store).
- Developed the back-end integration to Facebook using the Graph API and Open Graph API (timeline actions/activity).
- Created a cross-posting integration for Twitter and Facebook and developed the single sign-on using other social networking sites.
Founder | CTO2008 - 2010DNA Freight
Technologies: jQuery, Quartz, JPA, POI, Apache FOP, Apache, JSP, Linux, JUnit, Relational Database Services (RDS), MySQL, Amazon EC2, Spring, Apache Tomcat, Java
- Established and implemented the technology and operations of a company that was supported by an internal ERP system. The technologies included J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Terracotta, Amazon EC2, cloud services, and a high availability system.
- Created a culture of innovation by leading the product and technology brainstorming sessions.
- Achieved great cost optimizations by leveraging cloud services, Amazon EC2, and open-source Java frameworks.
- Coordinated a team of overseas developers and graphic designers and sold the successful enterprise to a publicly-traded competitor (Echo Global Logistics, Echo.com).
Senior Software Architect2005 - 2008TwistBox | InfoSpace
Technologies: Test-driven Development (TDD), Quartz, PostgreSQL, Apache Tomcat, Java
- Served as the technical architect and lead developer of an AMTP mobile enterprise-level gaming/tournament platform, which enables user tournaments across various devices and multiple mobile providers.
- Developed the infrastructure and led the technical team development of this high availability system designed to support thousands of gameplays every minute.
- Performed extensive research to gather statistical data, designed and architected the platform management tools (web interface) and stats gathering server for sales and operations.
- Led code reviews and established unit testing practices.
- Created JUnit tests and developed the system’s core to ensure correct functionality.
- Provided mentoring and guidance to the team by offering creative solutions and ensuring that team stays motivated and on schedule.