Senior Developer2020 - PRESENTSOTI
Technologies: Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Gherkin, Jenkins Pipeline, Jenkins, MSBuild, NuGet, Angular, SQL, C#.NET
- Developed DevOps tools to support componentization and component lifecycle.
- Provided hundreds of hours consulting about how to break up a gigantic monolith service into several hundred components and how to streamline the development, pipeline and pre-flight component testing with the rest of the system before integration.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in the team in the scope of new feature development and got corresponding positive overachievement ratings in my first performance review after about four months of work.
- Communicated frequently and closely with DevOps, database, and architecture teams to help achieve common goals in the scope of the product.
- Reduced local compilation time by a factor of four with improved local tooling and build performance, fine-tuned MSBuild tasks, rewrote code generators, and revised project interdependencies from an architecture standpoint.
- Led a review, design, and implementation of security-critical features worth 20 man-months of work. Eliminated a series of potential attack vectors and reduced the process privilege for vulnerable third-party components.
Senior Developer, Team Lead2012 - 2019Broadridge Financial Solutions
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, WinForms, C#
- Made significant contributions as a full-stack lead developer to financial (debt portfolio management) software, introduced an innovative acceptance testing infrastructure, and led the creation of product user stories.
- Introduced multiple automation scripts that reduced deployment efforts within testing environments and increased the number of automated tests tenfold.
- Maintained open channels of communication with peers, stakeholders, product owners, and management teams.
- Participated as a code reviewer to ensure high-quality products compliant with standards.
- Significantly reduced code duplication and eased maintainability using meta-programming in C# and SQL layers; increased software performance using regular performance profiling sessions in .Net Services and databases.
- Successfully gained an in-depth working knowledge of MS SQL, implemented multiple software improvements including automated testing, and routinely produced on-time, high-quality customer deliverables.
- Earned a reputation for quickly and accurately identifying improvements to existing architectures aligned with client requirements.
Senior Developer, Architect, Team Lead2010 - 2012Digital Design
Technologies: SQL, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Re-architected an existing solution, and led the Development team in developing/supporting a CEO electronic workplace for Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia. The project included a client application with a customized UI and a synchronization feature to support offline work.
- Designed and developed a replication system for the bank’s ECM across 18 datacenters in Russia. This project included incremental data transfers and manual/automatic conflict resolutions.
- Worked with the existing data transfer architecture (IBM WebSphere), mentored the team on XP techniques including Agile development and pair programming, implemented/maintained CI, and executed integration with a gated check-in automatic deployment and automatic acceptance testing employing a FitNesse Framework.
- Provided real-time technical support for the field implementation team.
- Automated testing and successfully introduced CI and Agile methodologies to the team.
- Went beyond the scope of project mandates and implemented multiple features while meeting tight delivery schedules.
Senior Developer, Team Lead2008 - 2010LG Electronics
Technologies: Redmine, TeamCity, Perforce, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Tasked with providing expert support and development of a proprietary UI Authoring tool (similar to Microsoft Expression Blend) for LG phone’s mobile UI using complex business logic, wide internal model, and architecture (Triggers, Timelines, Animation recorders).
- Assigned specific tasks to each team member based on their demonstrated skills.
- Reviewed, researched, analyzed, and resolved issues with the production process; implemented constant improvement plans to prevent issue reoccurrence; successfully implemented Scrum methodologies and continuous integration plans; and performed code reviews.
- Facilitated professional development team meetings including Innovations & Sharpening the Saw and Code Review & Refactoring Practices for an eight-person team.
- Quickly and accurately resolved issues that arose in the complex product state.
- Conducted up to 100 technical and complex interviews for open software developer positions.
- Completely rebuilt multiple product components to significantly increase maintainability, resulting in reducing the time required to complete tasks from the previous 5-10 days to a few hours.
- Assumed leadership of the team after six months in this position, introduced better task distributions, and ceased writing code.
- Earned a positive, lasting impression for completed product work, and positive team feedback.
Software Engineer2005 - 2008Quest Software
Technologies: BizTalk, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange API, SharePoint, Azure Active Directory, SQL, .NET, C#
- Created a complete solution for SharePoint v2 to v3 migration for corporate clients.
- Learned and supported XP technologies, Scrum, and TDD.