Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTmgm technology partners s.r.o.
- Participated in the development of the food and non-food campaigns (serves to manage and analyze advertising dates in the context of the food campaign business) modules for Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG (a German global discount supermarket chain).
- Implemented JBehave extensions to increase test coverage in the project.
- Implemented transnational support for inter-module communication.
- Implemented a food expiration date functionality with full test coverage.
- Refactored and did the performance optimization for the main (critical) pages of the campaign modules where users make their business decisions.
Kubernetes Engineer for a Startup2021 - 2022Pano AI, Inc
Technologies: Kubernetes, DevOps, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Java, GitHub, CI/CD Pipelines, Terraform
- Helped to set up infrastructure and imported its configuration to Terraform.
- Created CI/CD pipelines based on GitHub Actions, including integration and E2E tests and deployment to the Kubernetes clusters.
- Configured Kubernetes nodes and pods autoscaling based on CPU and custom metrics.
- Configured GCP alerts and PagerDuty notifications.
Technical Leader | Team Leader2010 - 2016Horizont Praha s.r.o.
Technologies: Web Services, Spring, JBoss Infinispan, jQuery, MySQL, Hibernate, JSF, Java
- Developed a web portal which joins a dozen of local incoming tour operators and more than a thousand outgoing agencies and lets them create, manage, and order any kind of tourism products (hotel, excursions, transfers, and more).
- Designed the architecture for a system that allows the usage of a distributed cache and computing system to allow many users to search and book travel products quickly.
- Developed several integrations with other travel service providers (e.g. the TUI Group in Russia) and a Symphony flight-reservation system.
- Developed a hotel quotes module supporting the following features: different quotes for different price-lists and partners, shared quotes for different rooms, booking/cancellation, and stop sales.
- Developed a hotel price-list module supporting dozens of features including early-booking, prices for children, season reductions, and different gross prices depending on the agency.
Senior Java Developer | Team Leader2007 - 2010DTS Medien AG
Technologies: Hibernate, ImageMagick, Adobe Flex, PL/SQL, Oracle, Spring, Apache Tomcat, Java
- Developed a system for gathering meta information (previews, XMP, and pages) for different files (images, photos, audio, video, and documents), synchronizing it with a database by listening to events from mounted file systems.
- Implemented web pages for navigating the virtual file system, which supports paging, filters, multi-sorting, and searches and displays various information about files.
- Developed an archive and retrieve functionality that accesses different types of offline storage (tapes and DVDs). The mechanism can monitor, pause, resume, and cancel long-running processes.