Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Warehousing Developer
Dmitry helps businesses transform into data-driven organizations, leveraging the best technology, cloud, and engineering practices. With expertise in data warehousing, analytics, and strategic consulting for the last 16 years, he has worked with major players in financial services, telco, insurance, technology, gaming, and utilities.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Tableau
The most amazing...
...program I've created was the Performing Digital Transformation program, an analytical platform for 50+ data scientists exploring 750+ terabytes of data.
Senior Solutions Architect
- Designed and delivered the end-to-end data warehousing solutions using cloud technologies across many customers.
- Contributed to architecture, modeling, ETL, DWH, data virtualization, and BI development.
- Migrated projects to cloud analytics.
- Created self-service analytics and prototyping using DBT and Tableau.
Data Analytics Consultant
Planorama (AI, retail)
- Worked as an audit of the existing analytical landscape solutions.
- Implemented the migration to modern cloud analytics/data warehousing.
- Boosted current engineering processes for better SDLC and Agile data warehousing.
- Implemented new business use cases with advanced analytics and data monetization.
VP of Data Analytics
CIB Deutsche Bank
- Improved existing data processes by implementing an analytics platform.
- Helped and advised senior management to make faster and better decisions.
- Provided an accurate view of business financial activities, their limits, KPIs, and constraints.
- Worked on implementing agile data warehouse and a self-service BI platform.
Data Warehouse Architect
Mukra Entertainment (Gaming)
- Designed and implemented the data warehouse/analytical platform for self-service data discovery and analyzing web users' behavioral patterns to improve firm KPIs (traffic conversion, targeting, marketing campaigns, A/B testing etc).
- Created a new analytical platform using Tableau with BigQuery and Hadoop.
- Managed huge data volumes/throughput (4Tb/day, 120Tb+).
- Defined solution architecture and led the implementation.
- Developed data modeling, dashboard, and data visualization.
- Tested and tuned performance, capacity, and scalability.
Head of Reporting and Analytics, Treasury
- Managed the overall strategy and direction of treasury reporting and analytics.
- Managed stakeholders demand. Offered solutions for supporting business roadmap by technical delivery.
- Designed and implemented the architecture of a multi-terabyte enterprise data warehouse.
Data Warehouse Architect
- Implemented a variety of analytical solutions for Telecom clients including Verizon, Sprint, and Mobinil as well as building internal analytics for comScore.
- Addressed solutions such as significant data volume challenges (40+ Tb) and consolidating granular data from the network equipment and mobile devices in order to support the analysis.
Risk Management Analytics for Investment Banking
Overcoming various challenges (data variety, quality, availability, complexity, volume) I managed to design and build a range of analytical solutions that supported a range of optimizations in revenue-generating departments as well as risk control.
One of the systems formed the strategic fundamental data warehouse layer that becomes a solution for stress test scenario modeling to understand the potential impact on liquidity buffers and regulatory reporting/liabilities.
Technically: a multi-terabyte data warehouse, running the MPP platform with self-service Tableau/BOBJ portal.
Demand and Capacity Analytics for Telco
- 250+ Tb of granular data
- started with 5 Tb/day of data ingestion
- cost-efficient analytics, bringing additional market data (weather, public events, campaigns) to make the insights robust
Data Vault 2.0 Certified Practitioner
Critical to being able to execute projects on a large enterprise-scale and not get stuck with the data model inflexibility as a bottleneck
Training and Education Services
Delivered a large number of trainings, best practices, and subject presentation to the diverse audiences, starting from less technically savvy all the way down to architects and data engineers.
Modernizing Data Analytics in IoT Manufacturer Company
Challenging: data volumes (Tbs a day), semi-structured data sources, solid analytical requirements, low latency, high concurrency.
Technologies: Stitch, Segment, Redshift, Snowflake, DBT, Tableau
Video Streaming Service, Data Analytics Platform
Tech: Tableau, BigQuery, Dbt
Tableau, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft Power BI, Matillion ETL for Redshift, Impala, BigQuery, Sisense, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE)
Data Science, ETL, Dimensional Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI)
Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle, QlikView, Pentaho, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
IBM Db2, Vertica, Redshift, PL/SQL, Greenplum, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Data Warehousing, Data Vaults, Qlik, Data Build Tool (dbt), Data Warehouse Design, Data Analytics, Azure Data Factory, TOGAF, Google BigQuery, Performance Tuning, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), ETL Tools
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
National University of Ukraine - Ukraine
Oracle 10G OCP