- CTOImproveMedia.ru2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, RSpec, GitLab, Jira
- Built a software development team (Ruby on Rails) which outclassed all previous ones in its effectiveness. My team, with my direct participation, released InMyRoom.ru v2.0 and FamilyBoom.ru, reworked and recovered eCommerce features, developed new features of billing, introduced a Rails engine based on code of InMyRoom.ru to make it a framework for all projects and moved InMyRoom.ru and FamilyBoom.ru onto it.
- Established regular Scrum meetings and iteration-plannings, organized a new task-tracking system and a documentation system, and established code-flow rules.
- Organized, in collaboration with team members, a continuous-integration system, fixed unit tests, and introduced new Selenium tests.
- Found a system operator who joined the team and took all the tasks of a remote maintenance team. The code repositories were transferred onto the company's servers out from Github. Regular backups were tuned up. A monitoring system was introduced. A process for doing regular payments for hosting and other services was tuned up too.
- Head of Software Quality AssuranceMail.Ru Group2011 - 2013
Technologies: Python, C, Java, PyTest, nose, Linux, Xen, Convirt, Selenium WebDriver, Chef
- Developed automated testing which is interesting for people working on it (super-team, infrastructure, testing, test automation, continuous integration, requirements management, interaction with product owners, project managers, developers, operators, HR team, and PR team).
- Introduced the first stable multithreaded Selenium WebDriver service available on the company level, which now is being used in testing of many of company's products.
- Directed and coordinated team a to build from scratch a large set of automated tests on Python for daemons written on C, for the main module of advertisement feeds, a company-wide common template engine, and main parts of web front-end of target.mail.ru.
- Developed a testing infrastructure available on the company level (Xen virtualization with Convinture Convirt Open Source web-interface, configuration management with Opscode Chef, and continuous integration with Jenkins). This infrastructure became a home for continuous-integration systems of different projects for our company.
- Developed and applied in projects a tool for database change management based on migrations.
- Head of Software DevelopmentOversun Scalaxy (cloud hosting)2011 - 2011
- Head of QAOversun Scalaxy (cloud hosting)2010 - 2011
Technologies: Ruby, RSpec, C, Linux, Selenium-RC, Cucumber, Java
- Built the testing process in conditions of an acute shortage of resources.
- Communicated with software developers, operators, and technical support team, informing programmers about user complaints and speeding up bug fixing. Participated in the discussion on technical architecture of new project tasks.
- Tested the company's software using automated, semi-automated (using Ruby, RSpec, C, Netperf, NetPIPE, Litmus, Iozone, Unix tools, etc.), and manual approaches.
- Regularly planned testing and development of auto-tests, verified both functional and load requirements, and composed tasks for defect elimination and monitoring of system development.
- Trained colleagues to write Selenium tests with Cucumber.
- Re-established browser Selenium tests (Cucumber, Ruby, Selenium-RC) and added them into the continuous integration system. Achieved parallel running of Selenium tests in various browsers after patching the Selenium-RC source on Java.
- Head of Software Quality Assurance DepartmentBegun.ru (contextual advertising service)2007 - 2010
Technologies: PHP, C, Actionscript, Linux, PHPUnit, Runkit, Zend Framework, Selenium-RC, Trac, VPAID
- Founded the quality assurance department of a Russian contextual auction-based advertising internet service, hired employees, and managed them. Planned teamwork, created the testing framework and environment, and communicated with software developers, operators, project managers, and business owners.
- Created and designed core components of a system for automated testing of company's web interfaces and scripts (PHP), daemons (C++), JS-blocks, ActionScript VPAID library, etc. with PHPUnit, Selenium-RC, and Zend Framework.
- Introduced the continuous-integration system based on phpUnderControl. Helped introduce the company's coding standards; separated stable and current code using branches in the SVN repository. Arranged the product deployment.
- Developed a tool giving the way to write formal bug reports into the Trac.
- Trained colleagues in software testing and the fine points of development for high-loaded systems, database optimization, and test-driven development.
- Originated and carried out the entire software life-cycle for a feature that brings the company a few thousand dollars a day.
- Created a PHP extension for internal use in the company and made a significant number of corrections of the PHP-extension runkit.
- Lead DeveloperRosBusinessConsulting Media World (mail.qip.ru)2006 - 2007
- Improved the main web-mail features (representation, replying, messages formation etc.) to support a variety of MIME combinations and encodings (this work was based on patching, optimizing and reintegrating the huge Horde Framework).
- Designed database schemas to improve the efficiency and scalability of the system.
- Sped up the web interface by rewriting code, modifying database structure and SQL queries, and caching data (on file system or memcached). Improved scalability of the web front-end (moved session data out from local the file-system into the database).
- Eliminated a huge number of possibilities for XSS injections and SQL injections in the project.
- Web DeveloperARTall2003 - 2006
- Responsible for the whole of web development for the company.
- Authored a new web CMS.
- Created more than 40 websites with administrative interfaces (including a large e-shop) basing on the CMS.
- Designed database models (MySQL) and regularly patched HTML templates and CSS stylesheets.
- Operated Linux and FreeBSD, installed and configured Apache, PHP, MySQL, vsFTPd, Samba, and VPN (pptpd).
- ProgrammerExat.ru2003 - 2003
Technologies: Regular expressions, XSLT
- Coded regular expressions.
- Wrote format converters of price lists on XSLT.
- Contributed to technical analytics.
- Wrote documentation on the XML format.
- Web DeveloperRenew2001 - 2002
Technologies: PHP, PHPlib, MySQL, XSLT
- Automated the trainings.ru portal and added 16 new sections (including forum and search) into it.
- Created 6 new sites from scratch.
- Created universal administrative interface for all sites in a very short time.