Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Dominic is a well-rounded systems, software, and electronics engineer with over 15 years of professional development experience. He has a bachelor's degree in electronic engineering and a master's degree in digital signal processing. Over the years, Dominic has developed complex systems and used multiple software languages across the full-stack, contributing to, building, and maintaining many platforms as an architect, including one that enabled him to sell his business for over $10 million.
Windows, Slack, Git, .NET, C#, C++, C, OrCAD, SQL, Vue
The most amazing...
...platform I've developed is a highly scalable microservices-based platform for real-time control in the industrial automation field.
- Developed a complete embedded IoT device and framework for the industrial installations' low-cost status and alarm monitoring. The development included systems and electronics design, embedded software, and an API built in .NET.
- Provided executive and technical leadership, software architecture, and engineering guidance to the technology team.
- Directed and contributed to developing a major automation framework and led significant technical projects.
- Led requirements capturing, business case analysis, business to technical requirements translation, and design specification tasks.
Co-founder and CEO
Integrated Control Solutions, LLC
- Co-founded and built a highly successful business sold to SitePro in 2019.
- Architected and developed a highly scalable and flexible industrial automation platform based on a microservices architecture and real-time control software in the field.
- Built customer relationships, understood business problems, translated them into technical specifications, and implemented successful solutions to business problems.
Architect and Senior Software Engineer
The Related Companies, LP
- Developed enterprise applications for business needs using the .NET framework and SQL server.
- Guided technology decisions regarding different platforms and chose integration paths that reduced software vendors' dependency.
- Liaised with business stakeholders, understanding business requirements and translating them into technical requirements driving software development.
Head of New Product Development | Electronics
Roper Technologies Inc
- Led and managed a team focused on new product development.
- Guided and contributed to the electronics and systems design for products aimed at the marine, power generation, rail, and oil and gas industries.
- Drove a project resulting in successfully launching a major compressor control system.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Developed technical requirements specifications, interface definitions, and other design documentation for guided missile subsystems satisfying military requirements.
- Conducted electromagnetic compatibility testing of missile subsystems and participated in extended sea trials.
- Engaged in the mathematical modeling of radar fade patterns.
- Performed and participated in technical design reviews and managed subsystem vendors.
Real-time Control Framework for Industrial Automation
Remote Automation Platform for Industrial Facilities
IoT Device and Framework for Industrial Installations
.NET, .NET Core
OrCAD, Subversion (SVN), Slack, Git, RabbitMQ, DOORS, MATLAB
Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Algorithms, DSP, Ownership, Electronics, Technical Requirements, APIs, Allegro PCB, Micrium RTOS, ARM
Vue, jQuery, Windows Forms (WinForms)
Management, Interface Design, Microservices
Master's Degree in Digital Signal Processing
Bristol University - Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering
University of Liverpool - Liverpool, England, United Kingdom