Senior Developer and Consultant2008 - PRESENTFreelance
- Built bespoke eCommerce systems, including a unique used equipment dealing site, which allowed the company to grow to support offices in Brighton, New York, and (soon) other locations.
- Supported legacy systems, maintaining and modernizing clients' existing systems. Maintained and extended a bespoke legacy system for a national events organization while phasing in a newer, more standardized, testable Laravel-based architecture.
- Worked with a web agency to develop their own bespoke in house eCommerce content management systems and roll the system out onto client sites.
- Assisted an agency building Laravel-based content managed websites.
- Built a financial dashboard for an engineering company pulling in data from multiple sources. Combined them to showcase company-wide and project-by-project status. This produced a variety of graphical and tabular reports using D3.js.
- Integrated web-services via REST, SOAP and others, also provided REST and SOAP api interfaces to bespoke projects. Used these technologies to provide connectivity between client sites and remote services, and to connect different remote services.
- Built a reporting tool for medical data, built a secure API for importing patient medical data into a CMS for reporting.
- Built a price comparison tool using web-scraping to pull in prices from a number of sites then using pytorch and NLP techniques to fuzzy match product titles between sites.
- Developed bespoke WordPress plugins and WordPress based sites. One search plugin is now publicly available and has been downloaded 160,000 times.
Senior Back-end Developer2005 - 20083rd Eye Vision
Technologies: TYPO3, PHP
- Developed a CMS for an online version of the Sportsman newspaper-the first national daily newspaper launched in a decade. Incorporated feeds from sports results services, odds from betting agencies, and content from the newspaper's own staff.
- Built and supported various TYPO3-based client sites. Integrated TYPO3 with bespoke remote systems.
- Maintained and monitored client and company servers.
Junior/Senior Developer2002 - 2004Darwin Technologies, Ltd.
- Developed PHP-based web applications, most notably ip4properties.com; an online portal for estate agents to advertise their properties.
- Oversaw the office IT infrastructure and maintained the public-facing servers.
- Drew up training materials and client-facing work.