CTO2016 - 2016Fantasy Sports Limited
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Node.js, AngularJS, SaltStack, MariaDB, Galera Cluster, Redis
- Provided a full product revamp covering every aspect of the business, including the name, corporate identity, product offering, a new technology platform, and codebase as well as a new dev team.
- Architected and designed the software and system.
- Created PHP front and back-end sites built in Laravel with a portable PHP service layer.
- Designed Redis servers and Node.js apps to manage real-time elements of the system.
- Created a redundant platform fully managed by SaltStack configuration management.
CTO2014 - 2016SuperLobby
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Node.js, Slickgrid, Redis, MariaDB, Galera Cluster, SaltStack
- Handled the full development life cycle of the site from initial concept through to establishing it as the premier contest aggregator and the daily fantasy sports industry de facto standard resource for independently verified data.
- Created a responsive PHP based website in Laravel with web sockets to carry real-time data written in Node.js.
- Built a SlickGrid JS front-end to allow the quick display and filtering of thousands of contest results instantly.
- Created Node.js apps to scrape and Redis DB to store the real-time data that powers the service.
- Automated code deployments and platform management via SaltStack.
CTO2013 - 2014Sports Rated
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgnitor, Angular, MySQL
- Created visually engaging data-intensive front-end tools built in AngularJS.
- Screen scraped odds data from various sources using the Python library Scrapy.
- Created a dynamic odds matrix that enabled users to select the best value option for their selected criteria.
Software Developer2011 - 2013Ogilvie Communications
- Developed the front-end of Ogilive Communications' network monitoring tool.
- Set up and maintained a variety of high-availability and high-volume websites.
- Investigated the source of online abuse and piracy for clients of Ogilvie Communications and reported the results to the relevant authority.
- Found and investigated intrusions into exploited vulnerabilities for the clients of Ogilvie Communications.