Verified Expert in Engineering
Donald is a highly skilled full-stack developer with over fifteen years of experience implementing innovative and cutting-edge web-based solutions in a variety of fields. He has complete technology experience from front to back end as well as excellent full cycle development experience.
Git, Angular, Node.js, PHP, Sublime Text, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've contributed to is SuperLobby, involved from concept to establishment as the premier contest aggregator in daily fantasy sports.
Fantasy Sports Limited
- Provided a full product revamp covering every aspect of the business, including the name, corporate identity, product offering, a new technology platform, and codebase as well as a new dev team.
- Architected and designed the software and system.
- Created PHP front and back-end sites built in Laravel with a portable PHP service layer.
- Designed Redis servers and Node.js apps to manage real-time elements of the system.
- Created a redundant platform fully managed by SaltStack configuration management.
- Handled the full development life cycle of the site from initial concept through to establishing it as the premier contest aggregator and the daily fantasy sports industry de facto standard resource for independently verified data.
- Created a responsive PHP based website in Laravel with web sockets to carry real-time data written in Node.js.
- Built a SlickGrid JS front-end to allow the quick display and filtering of thousands of contest results instantly.
- Created Node.js apps to scrape and Redis DB to store the real-time data that powers the service.
- Automated code deployments and platform management via SaltStack.
- Created visually engaging data-intensive front-end tools built in AngularJS.
- Screen scraped odds data from various sources using the Python library Scrapy.
- Created a dynamic odds matrix that enabled users to select the best value option for their selected criteria.
- Developed the front-end of Ogilive Communications' network monitoring tool.
- Set up and maintained a variety of high-availability and high-volume websites.
- Investigated the source of online abuse and piracy for clients of Ogilvie Communications and reported the results to the relevant authority.
- Found and investigated intrusions into exploited vulnerabilities for the clients of Ogilvie Communications.
Laravel 5, Laravel, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap, CodeIgniter, PHPUnit, Scrapy, AngularJS, Angular, Express.js, CakePHP
SlickGrid, Socket.IO, REST APIs, jQuery UI, jQuery, Raphaël, PhantomJS, Node.js, Doctrine, Puppet.js
MaxScale, New Relic, Rackspace Cloud, WordPress, Ubuntu, Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD
Icecast, Load Balancers, Pub/Sub, WebSockets, Galera Cluster
Slack, Firebug, Gulp, Mercurial, Git, Bower, Composer, PM2, AsgardCMS, Apache, SaltStack, Sublime Text, Subversion (SVN)
RESTful Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Responsive Development, Responsive, REST, Agile Software Development
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics with Music
University of Glasgow - Scotland