Software Development Engineer2020 - PRESENTAmazon.com
Technologies: Java, AWS S3, Amazon SQS, AWS EC2, AWS CDK, Spring 5, React, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), TypeScript, Spring, Spring Boot, TypeScript 3, Back-end, Redis, Hibernate, Python, Python 3, Multithreading, Async, Async/Await, AWS DynamoDB, Continuous Integration (CI), JVM, AWS Lambda, AWS SDK, XML, RPC, XML RPC, TCP/IP, Pipelines, CI/CD Pipelines, Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Designed and implemented a system for bulk returns from BestBuy, saving an estimated $450,000 per month using Java and Spring 5.
- Upgraded an internal pastebin tool to allow developers to share code snippets more easily.
- Converted the existing application stack to CDK for faster and more accurate deployments.
Engineering Intern2018 - 2019Sovrn
- Improved production package distribution with Ansible and Jenkins, decreasing the release time by 86%.
- Located and fixed an off-heap memory bug involving the misuse of the Java Native Interface.
- Built a system for tracking internal tool systems. This system allows developers to easily locate and submit links for tools they use so that other developers can find them.
- Helped containerize a flagship application to improve scalability.
Intern Developer2017 - 2017NOAA
- Designed a WebGL library to optimize rendering front-end map data, decreasing load times by 95%.
- Engineered data formatting tools to allow faster data integration for the National Weather Service.
- Updated an FTP fetching mechanism to reduce data ingest times by 600%.
Intern Developer2016 - 2016Concept3D
- Automated the analytics tracking workflow, allowing more up-to-date business insight using Java.
- Built a simple proof of concept Android app for augmented reality tours in our 3D maps in Java.
Intern Developer2014 - 2015Boulder Valley School District
Technologies: C#, Java, .NET, Windows Server, SQL
- Fixed an issue with images passing through the F5 bouncer in Infinite Campus using Java.
- Designed and implemented the Infinite Campus module for tracking student progression through the English language learning track in C#.
- Optimized SQL queries to dynamically update table column names instead of a hard-coded list with C# and MS SQL.