CEO | Principal Consultant
2005 - PRESENT
- Consulted on enterprise databases for businesses in healthcare, law, education, aerospace, and other industries.
- Specialized in ETL design, development, and maintenance, especially SSIS.
- Primarily worked with the Microsoft SQL Server; used many other relational and NoSQL technologies, like Hadoop.
- Modeled and developed data warehouses with SSAS for data cubes.
- Reported and created visualizations using SSRS, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Power BI, Cognos, and others.
- Created statistical analyses of large datasets using R and Python, particularly the DPlyr and GGPlot2 packages in R and the Pandas/NumPy packages in Python.
- Automated tasks using Python scripting.
- Wrote an exploratory data analysis and visualizations using R.
- Migration to AWS Aurora and Redshift cloud-based platforms from more traditional on-premises systems.
Chief Data Officer
2012 - 2014
- Acted as the chief decision maker for all data-related enterprise decisions.
- Designed and constructed a data warehouse to service the healthcare OLTP database.
- Migrated the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to the 2012 version.
- Implemented a disaster recovery model using SQL Server high availability clustering.
- Enhanced the reporting options through third-party dashboards from Tableau, LogiXML, Power BI, and others.
- Created a self-service reporting solution for customers using SQL Server Replication and Tableau.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, C#, .NET, SSAS, C#, VB.NET, Entity Framework, Tableau, LogiData, OLTP, OLAP, T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Pentaho, Redgate
Data Warehouse Specialist
Space Exploration Technologies | SpaceX
2011 - 2012
- Built an enterprise OLTP system from the ground up; starting with a blank sheet of paper through to a fully functional system.
- Designed and implemented a reporting data warehouse derived from OLTP model.
- Enhanced the application's functionality through the use of interactive SSRS report applications.
- Created the backbone of the ERP system still used by both SpaceX and Tesla today.
- Implemented a high availability reporting cluster in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Wrote a statistical analysis of the launch data using R.
- Deployed the server using Python scripting.
- Worked on report and dashboard development and maintenance in Tableau.
- Implemented cloud-based reporting systems in AWS.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, OLAP, OLTP, SSRS, SSIS, Data Warehouse, SQL Server Service Broker, R, DPlyr, GGPlot2, Python, Tableau, C#, VB.NET, Entity Framework, Embedded Systems, Oracle, Linux, SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS, Pentaho, AWS
Senior Technical Consultant
2002 - 2005
- Recorded the fastest successful implementation of an enterprise-wide healthcare platform in the company's 25-year history.
- Led all the technical aspects of Windows software implementations company-wide for three years.
- Performed sales demonstrations and participated actively in the sales cycle—helping to close deals and cultivate new prospects.
- Implemented new financial and clinical information systems for small- to medium-sized healthcare customers.
- Wrote stored procedures, reports, and triggers designed to enhance application functionality and create successful implementations.
- Implemented ANSI X12 EDI transactions for clients in order to become HIPAA compliant.
- Conducted an in-depth statistical analysis of the data using Python, in particular, the NumPy and Pandas packages.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, OLTP, Crystal Reports, VB.NET, Python, NumPy, Pandas, T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access, MySQL, Linux, PowerShell
Senior Database Administrator
Durham Areacorp, Inc.
1999 - 2002
- Led the rollout of an enterprise practice management system for a large public health organization with more than 500 employees.
- Managed and was responsible for all the existing and new employee training in the software and best practices.
- Wrote Crystal Reports extensively for financial and clinical reporting needs.
- Implemented full backup and recovery procedures.
- Wrote stored procedures, triggers, functions, and other database objects to enhance the application's functionality.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, VB.NET, Microsoft Access, C++, OLTP, T-SQL, SQL, Python, PL/SQL, Oracle, Btrieve, Pervasive, AS/400