- PHP Developer, Web Designer, IT AdministratorFreelance2006 - 2015
Technologies: jQuery, Sass, PHP, CakePHP, AngularJS, OpenID, MySQL, Geohashing, Facebook API
- Created security and login system for a new school with OpenID.
- Helped maintain a school’s iPad program.
- Maintained a custom-built registration and back-office system with PHP and MySQL.
- Branded, designed, created, and maintained the website.
- Implemented a custom shopping cart application and an online ordering system.
- Automated presenting links to audio lectures stored on a third party site.
- Information Technology Specialist – Java/Perl DevelopmentAdministrative Office of the U.S. Courts2001 - 2015
- Led the team in the design and development of CM/ECF, the web-based case management and e-filing application installed at over 200 federal courts.
- Led the development of the application’s first mobile interface using responsive design.
- Presented technical information in both formal and informal settings to developers, analysts, managers, court staff, and judges, as well as for video presentations.
- Met with project managers, IT security personnel, analysts, and developers to determine the architecture and security of the new web service architecture for the NextGen version of CM/ECF, along with other key software decisions.
- Designed and implemented a new UI standard for a bankruptcy CM/ECF application.
- Created a unique time-entry widget that solved long-standing usability issues, and later adapted it using the NextGen technology stack.
- Oversaw code quality through respectful and constructive code reviews.
- Voluntarily mobilized developers to build a tool for organizing and searching the code base to improve estimates for upgrading existing components.
- Maintained internal documentation.
- Served as primary support for the Tomcat web server.
- Perl Developer - Data ConversionTexterity, Inc.1999 - 2001
Technologies: Perl, XML.
- Wrote custom Perl scripts to convert XML data into large customized websites.
- Programmatically simplified and analyzed large log files for debugging.