CSS Developer in Jerusalem, Israel
PHP Developer, Web Designer, IT Administrator2006 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: jQuery, Sass, PHP, CakePHP, AngularJS, OpenID, MySQL, Geohashing, Facebook API
- Created security and login system for a new school with OpenID.
- Helped maintain a school’s iPad program.
- Maintained a custom-built registration and back-office system with PHP and MySQL.
- Branded, designed, created, and maintained the website.
- Implemented a custom shopping cart application and an online ordering system.
- Automated presenting links to audio lectures stored on a third party site.
Information Technology Specialist – Java/Perl Development2001 - 2015Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
- Led the team in the design and development of CM/ECF, the web-based case management and e-filing application installed at over 200 federal courts.
- Led the development of the application’s first mobile interface using responsive design.
- Presented technical information in both formal and informal settings to developers, analysts, managers, court staff, and judges, as well as for video presentations.
- Met with project managers, IT security personnel, analysts, and developers to determine the architecture and security of the new web service architecture for the NextGen version of CM/ECF, along with other key software decisions.
- Designed and implemented a new UI standard for a bankruptcy CM/ECF application.
- Created a unique time-entry widget that solved long-standing usability issues, and later adapted it using the NextGen technology stack.
- Oversaw code quality through respectful and constructive code reviews.
- Voluntarily mobilized developers to build a tool for organizing and searching the code base to improve estimates for upgrading existing components.
- Maintained internal documentation.
- Served as primary support for the Tomcat web server.
Perl Developer - Data Conversion1999 - 2001Texterity, Inc.
Technologies: Perl, XML.
- Wrote custom Perl scripts to convert XML data into large customized websites.
- Programmatically simplified and analyzed large log files for debugging.
- Online ordering system for a home-based food service company (Development)
- Responsive design offered easy access on any sized device with a very low development cost.
- Simple and secure Google spreadsheet back-end made it easy to use for the completely non-technical business owner. The system was up and running with a short phone call and never missed an order.
- Design Portfolio (Development)https://www.behance.net/dovevhefetz
My Behance design portfolio.
ToolsEmacs, Gimp, Inkscape, Git, CVS, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse IDE, Apache, Make
FrameworksJSF, AngularJS, Hibernate, CakePHP, JPA
Libraries/APIsjQuery, YUI, Facebook API, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI
ParadigmsResponsive Web Design (RWD), UI Design, Web Design, Visual Design, Model View Controller (MVC), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Agile Software Development
PlatformsLinux, Java EE
StorageMySQL, IBM Informix
OtherUser Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Logo Design, Ajax, Geohash, System Architecture
- Bachelor's (Cum Laude) degree in Computer Science with minors in Visual Arts and Psychology1994 - 1998Boston University - Massachusetts