Dr. Roman Priebe
Verified Expert in Engineering
Full Stack Developer
Roman is a technical all-rounder who has worked successfully in many different roles, including app development, IT security, full-stack web development, technical project management, and CTO. He prefers challenging projects that broaden his horizon and is highly adaptable, helping out where he is most needed. This includes resolving roadblocks, helping out in development, requirements engineering, systems architecture, team building, or developing and implementing a technical vision.
Agile Software Development, Ruby on Rails (RoR), IntelliJ IDEA, CTO, Angular, React, IT Strategy, Node.js, WordPress, Drupal
The most amazing...
...project I've created is Mynigma, an award-winning email client with automatic, user-friendly encryption.
Technical Project Manager
- Oversaw the technical project management for Mercedes Me Media, the live PR presence of Mercedes Benz Cars, building a team from scratch and managing a very tight timeline to ensure a successful launch.
- Supervised the development of an AR app for AMG, creating a highly engaging experience for trade fair visitors.
- Helped to manage the technical, legal, and organizational challenges of developing a WeChat-based app targeting Asian travelers for a German airport.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Developed a custom CRM system for a German construction company from scratch, replacing a legacy solution.
- Built a touchscreen application for a German manufacturing company, showcasing their locations in the United States.
- Created several React-based applications for various different clients, creating many high-quality sites with a quick turnaround.
- Developed a component library and a custom page builder to save development time and speed up prototyping.
IT Security Consultant
- Performed web application penetration tests, priding myself in finding intricate vulnerabilities missed in previous tests.
- Prepared companies for external penetration tests. Being white-box, these preparations are often more thorough than the pen test itself, leading not only to a good result but also to a more sustained increase in security.
- Created several IT security strategies, providing management with a 360°, in-depth view of relevant security concerns.
- Consolidated the existing tech stack, reducing the cost of maintenance and sharpening the company's technical profile.
- Organized team-building events such as hackathons.
- Developed and implemented a technical vision for the company, comprising a modern software stack, smooth processes, and a capable team.
- Developed an app that recognizes and reads ID cards.
- Created an app that allows employers to plan shifts for their workers.
- Developed a digital notebook app, similar to the native iOS notes app.
- Developed an app for the management of newsletters.
- Built an app to track driving style based on GPS and accelerator data.
Founder & CEO
- Created an award-winning iOS email app with built-in, foolproof encryption.
- Designed and implemented an innovative message encryption format with a number of security advantages over existing approaches like PGP and S/MIME.
- Wrote an encryption Outlook add-in, now incorporated into Steganos Privacy Suite.
- Developed a symmetrized hash commit before knowledge (SHCBK) protocol for seamless synchronization of confidential data between devices.
- Pitched Mynigma at various events and competitions, winning several prestigious innovation awards.
It combines ease-of-use with provable security, setting a new standard in user-friendly, secure email communication.
Having become part of Steganos Privacy Suite, Mynigma is no longer available these days.
Mercedes Me Mediahttps://media.mercedes-benz.com
As the technical project manager, I oversaw the successful launch, as well as ongoing development, live events, customer support, and maintenance.
AMG Bi-Turbo AR Apphttps://oskberlin.com/en/cases/amg-biturbo-ar/
I was the technical project manager, going above and beyond customer expectations to create a highly engaging product.
Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Agile Software Development, Management, Security Software Development, App Development, Test Automation, Penetration Testing
Mobile App Development, Web App Development, Web App Security, IT Strategy, Technical Project Management, CTO, Web Components, Technical Requirements, Solution Architecture, Leadership, Team Leadership, Architecture, IT Management, Advisory, Software Development, Technical Leadership, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, CI/CD Pipelines, Containerization, Taiga, GitKraken
Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Android, WordPress, Drupal
Jira, Confluence, GitHub
PhD in Computer Science
University of Oxford - Oxford, UK
Master of Mathematics and Certificate of Advanced Studies in Mathematics
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK
Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts (Cantab) Degree in Mathematics
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring