Verified Expert in Engineering
Dumitru is a dedicated VR engineer with five years of experience in the game development industry. H worked with a range of platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, Oculus Rift and Quest, HTC Vive, HoloLens, and Magic Leap, building a variety of prototypes as well as full-fledged games from scratch. He is particularly passionate about gameplay mechanics in VR and has recently led the development of a VR football game with interactive multiplayer gameplay.
Windows, Unity, JetBrains Rider, Git, C#, Game Mechanics, Game Development
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a VR sports game with physical gameplay mechanics, movement, and interaction in a multiplayer environment.
Lead VR Developer
- Developed gameplay and core game mechanics based on physical interactions in VR. Implemented other new features and enhancements to provided specifications.
- Built interactive VR multiplayer gameplay using Photon Unity Networking with avatar customization.
- Designed project architectures with submodules used across multiple projects.
- Designed the UI architecture and built the game UI, based on physical interactions in VR.
- Profiled and optimized project to meet target FPS, guarantee a smooth experience, and minimize memory usage.
- Implemented best practices and coding standards of the project and oversaw work done by other developers.
- Led the development of the Harvard Business Review AR app (mobile, Vuforia-based) and adapted it for Microsoft HoloLens.
- Led the development of an XR training simulation and ported it to VR.
- Developed a variety of prototypes, including VR shooter, VR spells game, AR horror game, AR card game, AR car showcase, and VR exercise.
- Worked with a range of platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows PC, Microsoft HoloLens, CardboardVR, and HTC Vive.
- Implemented various features and tested and fixed bugs in other ongoing projects.
Unnanounced VR Football Project
As the lead developer on this project, I've implemented the game architecture and core mechanics, built out the UI, and developed the multiplayer systems. Additionally, I have profiled and optimized code for performance and built editor tools for faster iterations on the project.
Pre-game Prep App
As the lead AR and VR developer on this project, I developed a VR application that allows to visualize the custom-drawn plays and connect multiple clients to a networked session with the desktop application.
HBR AR Experience
As the lead developer, I implemented the application architecture, flow, and core features, built out and animated the UI, and integrated game assets. The project was later ported from mobile to HoloLens.
Kulipari: Dream Walker — XR POC
Mercedes AMG — Mixed Reality Car Configurator
As the lead developer on this project, I implemented the application flow, integrated new assets, and optimized the app's performance. I also developed a minimal self-driving AI for the RC car version that uses HoloLens' spatial mapping functionality for environmental awareness.
Unity, Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
JetBrains Rider, Git, Slack, Skype, Adobe Photoshop, HoloLens
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns
Windows, Oculus, Samsung Gear VR, Windows Desktop, Vuforia
Game Mechanics, Virtual Reality (VR), Game Development, Augmented Reality (AR), Performance Optimization, Mobile Games, Plastic SCM, Magic Leap, Gameplay Development, Programming, Network Programming, HTC Vive, User Interface (UI)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Moldova - Chisinau, Moldova