2014 - PRESENT
- Improved our promotion system by refactoring its DSL and changing the way the custom language is parsed and interpreted.
- Migrated our Ruby-based asset pipeline to NPM and Webpack.
- Developed our MailChimp integration.
- Added support for multi-store multi-jurisdiction tax.
- Built pivot table support into our reporting system.
- Implemented bulk item deletion/deactivation.
- Improved the logging and robustness of our customer background jobs.
- Added token-based login support to our admin backend.
- Optimized the Ruby implementation of our item imports system and improved its performance by 2x.
- Fixed 100+ front-end and back-end bugs.
Senior Web Developer
2012 - 2014
- Developed custom websites, web applications, content management systems, and mobile applications.
- Built a trivia game.
- Implemented a social feed that displayed content from our Twitter and Instagram accounts within an infinite scroll.
- Created an interactive detective game for Facebook to teach people about invasive species within the Caribbean.
- Built a single-page application, using AngularJS, for dressing avatars in traditional Carnival costumes.
- Created RESTful APIs as the back-end for mobile apps.
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Sinatra, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, Ionic, LocomotiveCMS, RefineryCMS, Django, WordPress, AngularJS, Backbone.js
2011 - 2012
- Helped to build a single-page Backbone.js application for psoriasis patients.
- Helped to build the Medicare NewsGroup website using .NET and Telerik.
- Helped to build a web application for Aetna using the Groovy, Grails, and Spring Frameworks.
Technologies: Backbone.js, .NET, Telerik, Groovy, Grails, Spring Framework
The University of the West Indies
2008 - 2011
- Tutored COMP 1100 - Introduction to Computer Programming I.
- Tutored COMP 1200 - Introduction to Computer Programming II.
- Lectured for COMP 2600 - Theory of Computation I.
- Lectured for COMP 1350 - Mathematics for Computer Science II.
- Designed course content, set final exam questions, and graded papers.
- Built an application in Racket to help illustrate how the data structures and algorithms for DFAs, NFAs, and regular expressions could be implemented in practice.
Technologies: C, Python, Racket
Entry-level Software Developer
2007 - 2007
- Built SMS-based applications using their proprietary technologies.
- Developed a C# API to control SMS messaging devices.
Java Game Developer
2006 - 2007
- Ported Quickit (now called PG-Cricket) from QBasic to Java.
Technologies: Java, QBasic