Product Architect2014 - PRESENTXero
Technologies: C4, AWS, .NET, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, C#, Docker
- Xero was awarded one of the 20 best companies to work for in Australia. I have worked on numerous parts, including fixed assets, business activity statements, on-boarding new customers, small business architecture and compliance reports as both a developer and an architect.
- Working as a product architect for multiple portfolios, guiding technical direction and assisting product managers to make informed decisions taking into account risks and explaining benefits.
- Helped out with AWS architecture.
Developer2011 - 2014Adslot
- Worked at a start-up that created a premium advertisement management site for top tier websites (eBay, realestate.com.au, seloger.com etc.).
- Used Node.js as a server side and web server environment for almost 2 years.
- Made use of a wide variety of data stores including MySQL, SQL Server 2008, Redis, and DynamoDB.
- Used multiple front-end libraries including Angular.js, backbone.js, and knockout.js.
- Used scrum and 2-week sprints to manage the projects.
- Used Jira and Trello for project management.
Senior Application Consultant2010 - 2011Coles Group
Technologies: C#, SharePoint, Oracle PL/SQL, C++, Shell scripting, Python
- Responsible for Bakery Production planning project to convert existing Excel based solution to a web based system.
- SharePoint Administrator for Merchandise IT team (50+ people).
- Creation of SSIS batch scripts to pull data from various systems (forecasting, stock etc.).
- Creation of SSRS reports to provide reporting on usage of the tool, stock levels, waste, etc.
- Responsible for application design and architecture.
Application Development Consultant2005 - 2010PBT Group
Technologies: C#, C++, ASP.NET, T-SQL, Perl
- Designed and developed interfaces between legacy mainframe and new SQL systems using C#, C++, Perl, Unix scripts.
- Responsible for software design, architecture, and technical specifications.
- Designed and developed front-end and web applications using C# and ASP.NET (v2.0 – v3.5).
- Designed and developed multi-threaded server applications using TCP/IP sockets & web services.
- Created multi-threading of claims assessment and report generation engines.
Software Engineer/Team Lead2003 - 2005Thales Telematics
Technologies: C++, C#
- Was Team Lead on server components developed in C++.
- Maintained and optimized servers to achieve a sustained throughput of approx 2000 messages/second.
- Assisted with design and system architecture.
- Conducted advanced integrity checking and load testing on server applications.
- Responsible for roll out planning and requirement gathering for installations, upgrades, and patches.