Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2020Giftsy (via Toptal)
- Developed a lightweight Chrome extension to save gifts online to Giftsy.io.
- Built custom UI by extending native Chrome extension UI using iframes.
- Automated login process to Giftsy Chrome extension using a combination of local and Chrome storage.
- Implemented custom UI popups for login, failure, and success messages from chrome extension using content scripts.
- Supported deployment of Chrome extension on chrome web store including permissions validation for manifest.json.
- Implemented messaging patterns between popups and background scripts to manage UX.
Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2020Fuji-Xerox Palo Alto Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, React, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, GraphQL, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cognito, AWS SQS, Bash
- Designed and implemented template EHR message integration between custom healthcare solutions deployed on AWS and EHR system of choice.
- Added to existing deployment tooling codebase to allow multiple solution deployments from the same environment with CloudFormation; changes to bash scripts and YAML templates for CloudFormation.
- Added custom events and actions to existing AWS Lambda functions in Node.js.
- Documented technical and functional user guides for end users, deployment teams, and implementation teams.
- Updated existing AWS infrastructure for EHR Integration; changes included AppSync/GraphQL schema, authorization providers, and Lambda functions.
- Evaluated and tested integration engines (HL7/FHIR, etc.) for production-ready, bidirectional healthcare data integration to/from AWS Serverless solution.
- Customized a React web app to take new parameters for the back end.
- Supported bugs and fixes for React web application.
Co-founder2018 - 2020First Mark
- Designed user journeys for multiples roles on a film set to digitally record contracts, timesheets, and reports on mobile and desktop.
- Designed RESTful API for dozens of interrelated objects/tables (MySQL) using controller/service/repository structure for the long-term flexibility of the platform. This layered approach reduces changes required to change routes, databases, or even business logic within the services independently.
- Tested and implemented relational database model.
- Created multiple access levels per company with JWT authentication and expiration for RESTful API using role and attribute-based access control.
- Designed and implemented search API with server-side filtering and pagination to be used as an observable with Angular front-end.
- Designed contract templating module integrating 3rd party e-signature software into native mobile (iOS/Android) and desktop browser applications.
- Designed visual prototype for mobile and desktop applications in Figma.
- Designed, implemented, deployed responsive customer-facing web site using Figma, HTML5, CSS3, and Firebase Hosting.
- Implemented auto-deployment of API through Gitlab CI/CD to AWS, and implemented PM2 to re-spawn API after deployment pushes.
- Implemented babel to allow programming with ES6 for Node/Express REST API.
- Distributed mobile iOS app with native build on App Store.
- Designed and implemented relational MySQL database.
- Implemented mobile (Ionic/Angular/TypeScript/Cordova) and desktop Angular/TypeScript applications with SOLID programming principles, async/await, and functional programming patterns.
- Integrated SendGrid API to backend Node/Express API to send emails for user registration, reset password, company/role access updates.
Pre-sales Solution Architect2017 - 2019GURUS SOLUTIONS
- Led technical sales cycles across all verticals of NetSuite+Oracle: distribution, retail, e-commerce, financial services, general business, software, professional services.
- Contributed to closing over $10 million in sales yearly as a sole architect working on over 200 opportunities.
- Internally optimized the workflow and tools used by the sales team in order to gain efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Responded to RFP in long and short format, presenting in front of dozens of stakeholders in order to gain credibility and client confidence.
- Designed, estimated, and priced project activities across sales, procurement, financial management, order management, fulfillment, and warehouse management.
- Won Gurus Sales MVP of the year in 2018.
- Detailed technical requirements gathering and analysis for integrations, customizations, and functional implementation of enterprise software systems.
- Designed systems integration between Shopify, NetSuite, 3PL for enterprise retail client.
- Designed systems integrations for multiple client projects between NetSuite, Shopify, and WMS/3PL systems for enterprise retail/distribution clients.
Co-founder2017 - 2018Track Insight
- Created an application for track athletes to record complex exercises and keep a log of trainings in a calendar.
- Utilized Firebase API to connect Angular front-end with real-time database - Firebase.
- Designed visual prototype (45+ screens) using Sketch.
- Built and deployed to iPhone for alpha user testing.
- Implemented unit tests in Jasmine.
- Implemented calendar search functionality to filter which exercises were completed on which days.
- Created reusable UI components and pages using Angular/Typescript (Ionic) for mobile application.
ERP Consultant/Developer2016 - 2017GURUS SOLUTIONS
Technologies: NetSuite Core, Manufacturing, Financials, Distribution, Professional Services Modules, APIs, Salesforce
- Designed and implemented custom quote approval workflow using SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and SuiteFlow.
- Led data migration and harmonization activities for implementation projects using Excel and CSV files.
- Led requirements gathering for project design, implementation and development activities for NetSuite implementations.
- Supported maintenance tasks for batch scripted class membership system.
- Assessed and implemented a commissions tracking and payment automation for a multi-tiered sales team of over 45 individuals.
- Became a fully certified NetSuite Cloud Developer, SuiteCommerce Developer, ERP Consultant, Financial User, and Administrator all in five months.
- Detailed requirements gathering and analysis for system implementation and scripting customizations.
Cloud Developer2015 - 2016GURUS SOLUTIONS
- Worked on the eCommerce team to customize cart and checkout experiences (with custom shipping methods and prices) while integrating to the NetSuite core general ledger and database of transactions.
- Developed client and server-side applications for custom business logic across organizations involved in retail, distribution, technology, health, manufacturing, and professional services.
- Configured custom workflows and automations with SuiteFlow.
- Scripted custom batch invoicing processes, quote merge tools, billing automations, and other transaction processing automation.
- Developed RESTful integration scripts using RESTlets within NetSuite to communicate with other systems.
- Requirements gathering, documentation and analysis for solution design with scripting.
Undergraduate Researcher2014 - 2015McGill University
Technologies: Neurobiology, Neuroimmunology
- Characterized neuroglial responses to drugs.
- Created a new methodology for measuring cell mobility of neural and glial cells.
- Contributed to post-doctoral manuscript for ALS/MS drug discovery and cell characterization.
- Plated, cultured, and tested various assays of mouse and rat neural cell cultures.
- Determined the statistical significance of cell responses by morphology, mobility, and growth.