Senior Back-end Engineer (Lead)2020 - PRESENTStealth Startup
- Designed content management database and strategy for serving users' data unique to their profile during real-time events on the front-end.
- Designed and implemented serverless back-end architecture (TypeScript/Node) on GCP for real-time optimized content based on user decisions on the mobile application.
- Implemented and configured CI/CD pipelines and testing in distinct for QA, staging, production, and test environments.
- Supported React Native mobile application deployment, enhancements, and fixes for iOS and Android.
- Implemented database and API security rules for shared and user-specific content.
Technical Consultant / Engineer2020 - 2020Well Well
- Designed and developed a custom dashboard application in Airtable for internal staff to run patient meetings and gain insights via visualizations.
- Designed a custom tagging system to update dashboard contents without touching a line of code. Using Airtable SDK and APIs and React.
- Designed and implemented relational database strategy in Airtable and automation for data ingestion from Typeform to Airtable to process/update new records.
Lead Developer - Mobile2020 - 2020Z News Service
Technologies: Web Development, Web App Development, Architecture, Agile, React, Responsive UI, User Requirements, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Android, iOS, TypeScript, React Native
- Developed mobile app for select feature-to-feature parity to web app for collaboration platform within news agency; news article submission/collaboration.
- Implemented reusable custom form solution components for news article pipeline submission.
- Implemented Facebook Login SSO for Android and iOS.
- Integrated Google Places API with user registration autofill on sign up.
Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2020Giftsy (via Toptal)
- Developed a Chrome extension to save gifts online to Giftsy.io.
- Built custom UI by extending native Chrome extension UI using iframes.
- Automated login process to Giftsy Chrome extension using a combination of local and Chrome storage.
- Implemented custom UI popups for login, failure, and success messages from Chrome extension using content scripts.
- Supported deployment of Chrome extension on Chrome web store including permissions validation for manifest.json.
- Implemented messaging patterns between popups and background scripts to manage UX.
Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2020Fuji-Xerox Palo Alto Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Back-end, Web Development, APIs, Architecture, Data Architecture, YML, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), Lambda Architecture, HL7 FHIR Standard, Security Groups, Bash Scripting, Healthcare IT, Integration Tools, EHR, HL7, Data Strategy, Writing & Editing, React Native, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS EC2, REST APIs, Serverless, AWS, API Documentation, Algorithms, User Requirements, User Experience (UX), Bash, Amazon SQS, Amazon Cognito, AWS CloudFormation, GraphQL, AWS AppSync, AWS Lambda, React, Node.js
- Designed and implemented template EHR message integration between custom healthcare solutions deployed on AWS and EHR system of choice.
- Added to existing deployment tooling codebase to allow multiple solution deployments from the same environment with CloudFormation; changes to bash scripts and YAML templates for CloudFormation.
- Added custom events and actions to existing AWS Lambda functions in Node.js.
- Documented technical and functional user guides for end users, deployment teams, and implementation teams.
- Updated existing AWS infrastructure for EHR Integration; changes included AppSync/GraphQL schema, authorization providers, and Lambda functions.
- Evaluated and tested integration engines (HL7/FHIR, etc.) for production-ready, bidirectional healthcare data integration to/from AWS Serverless solution.
- Customized a React web app to take new parameters for the back end.
- Supported bugs and fixes for React web application.
Co-founder2018 - 2020First Mark
- Designed user journeys for multiples roles on a film set to digitally record contracts, timesheets, and reports on mobile and desktop.
- Designed a RESTful API for dozens of interrelated objects/tables (MySQL) using controller/service/repository structure for the long-term flexibility of the platform. This layered approach reduces changes required to change routes, databases, or even business logic within the services independently.
- Tested and implemented a relational database model.
- Created multiple access levels per company with JWT authentication and expiration for RESTful API using role and attribute-based access control.
- Designed and implemented a search API with server-side filtering and pagination to be used as an observable with Angular front-end.
- Designed a contract templating module integrating third-party e-signature software into native mobile (iOS/Android) and desktop browser applications.
- Designed a visual prototype for mobile and desktop applications in Figma.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a responsive customer-facing website using Figma, HTML5, CSS3, and Firebase Hosting.
- Implemented auto-deployment of API through Gitlab CI/CD to AWS, and implemented PM2 to re-spawn API after deployment pushes.
- Implemented babel to allow programming with ES6 for Node.js/Express.js REST API.
- Distributed a mobile iOS app with a native build on the App Store.
- Designed and implemented a relational MySQL database.
- Implemented a mobile (Ionic/Angular/TypeScript/Cordova) and desktop Angular/TypeScript applications with SOLID programming principles, async/await, and functional programming patterns.
- Integrated SendGrid API to back-end Node.js/Express.js API to send emails for user registration, reset password, and company/role access updates.
Pre-sales Solution Architect2017 - 2019GURUS SOLUTIONS
- Led technical sales cycles across all verticals of NetSuite+Oracle: distribution, retail, e-commerce, financial services, general business, software, professional services.
- Contributed to closing over $10 million in sales yearly as a sole architect working on over 200 opportunities.
- Internally optimized the workflow and tools used by the sales team in order to gain efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Responded to RFP in long and short format, presenting in front of dozens of stakeholders in order to gain credibility and client confidence.
- Designed, estimated, and priced project activities across sales, procurement, financial management, order management, fulfillment, and warehouse management.
- Won Gurus Sales MVP of the year in 2018.
- Detailed technical requirements gathering and analysis for integrations, customizations, and functional implementation of enterprise software systems.
- Designed systems integration between Shopify, NetSuite, 3PL for enterprise retail client.
- Designed systems integrations for multiple client projects between NetSuite, Shopify, and WMS/3PL systems for enterprise retail/distribution clients.
Co-founder2017 - 2018Track Insight
- Created an application for track athletes to record complex exercises and keep a log of training in a calendar.
- Utilized Firebase API to connect an Angular front-end with a real-time database—Firebase.
- Designed a visual prototype (45+ screens) using Sketch.
- Built and deployed to iPhone for alpha user testing.
- Implemented unit tests in Jasmine.
- Implemented calendar search functionality to filter which exercises were completed on which days.
- Created reusable UI components and pages using Angular/Typescript (Ionic) for mobile application.
ERP Consultant/Developer2016 - 2017GURUS SOLUTIONS
Technologies: Back-end, Web Development, Web App Development, Leadership, Data Architecture, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Integration Tools, Unit Testing, Data Strategy, Management Consulting, Writing & Editing, Agile, REST APIs, Salesforce.com Developer Certification, API Documentation, Algorithms, User Requirements, User Experience (UX), Google Sheets, NetSuite OneWorld, User Journey Maps, Salesforce, APIs, Professional Services, Distribution, Financials, Manufacturing, NetSuite
- Designed and implemented custom quote approval workflow using SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and SuiteFlow.
- Led data migration and harmonization activities for implementation projects using Excel and CSV files.
- Led requirements gathering for project design, implementation and development activities for NetSuite implementations.
- Supported maintenance tasks for batch scripted class membership system.
- Assessed and implemented a commissions tracking and payment automation for a multi-tiered sales team of over 45 individuals.
- Became a fully certified NetSuite Cloud Developer, SuiteCommerce Developer, ERP Consultant, Financial User, and Administrator all in five months.
- Detailed requirements gathering and analysis for system implementation and scripting customizations.
Cloud Developer2015 - 2016GURUS SOLUTIONS
- Worked on the eCommerce team to customize cart and checkout experiences (with custom shipping methods and prices) while integrating to the NetSuite core general ledger and database of transactions.
- Developed client and server-side applications for custom business logic across organizations involved in retail, distribution, technology, health, manufacturing, and professional services.
- Configured custom workflows and automations with SuiteFlow.
- Scripted custom batch invoicing processes, quote merge tools, billing automations, and other transaction processing automation.
- Developed RESTful integration scripts using RESTlets within NetSuite to communicate with other systems.
- Contributed to requirements gathering, documentation, and analysis for solution design with scripting.
Undergraduate Researcher2014 - 2015McGill University
Technologies: Writing & Editing, Google Sheets, Healthcare IT, Neuroscience
- Characterized neuroglial responses to drugs.
- Created a new methodology for measuring cell mobility of neural and glial cells.
- Contributed to post-doctoral manuscript for ALS/MS drug discovery and cell characterization.
- Plated, cultured, and tested various assays of mouse and rat neural cell cultures.
- Determined the statistical significance of cell responses by morphology, mobility, and growth.