Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Dylan is a full-stack engineer who is passionate about connecting people to technology with thoughtful and impactful solutions. He has over five years of experience in enterprise software across various industries, including technology, eCommerce, and professional services. Dylan loves creating MVP to full-scale solutions from scratch—user journey creation, stack selection, front- and back-end development. His current focus is building decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain.
GitHub, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Chrome Developer Tools, Chrome, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Linux, GitLab, WebStorm
The most amazing...
...real-time integration project I’ve delivered was extending an AWS infrastructure (AWS AppSync, GraphQL, Lambdas, DynamoDB) in Node.js and React.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Developed a manual deposits and withdrawals website to allow users to move funds onto and off the platform using Ether to pay for gas fees and USDC as the funds.
- Implemented project management for the engineering department using ClickUp, Slack, and Notion as core tools to build sprint structure and product roadmap clarity.
- Created custom slippage protection for traders to protect themselves against trade price slippage when interacting with markets.
- Built search functionality on the market discovery page.
- Optimized images and resized the WebP format on a Node.js back end (Strapi) and worked on responsive rendering in Next.js and React. This cut loading times in half on front-end applications, securing the back end using an S3 bucket for images.
- Positioned share card functionality for Twitter and other socials to share positions from portfolio using html2canvas, React, and Next.js.
- Completed the infrastructure and implementation using Chromium, Puppeteer, S3, and HTML/CSS.
- Created and customized endpoints for email verification, content management, and user data management for interaction with a front end Next.js application.
- Optimized cron job algorithms to keep content data fresh from multiple back-end sources to keep them up-to-date and stored in the Strapi database.
- Designed search and category database relationships and schema to support scalable search via API and front-end applications.
Engineer | Google Sheets Add-on
- Created demo videos for user-facing Splitgraph documentation/public datasets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6l4VSO9-Is.
- Created demo videos for user-facing Splitgraph documentation/private datasets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hdX5ckySrE.
- Published a Google app extension/plugin to Google Marketplace.
- Included the ability to add auth credentials to log into the Splitgraph account without exposing it to the client.
Senior Lead Back-end Engineer
- Designed a content management database and strategy for serving users' data unique to their profile during real-time events on the front end.
- Created and implemented a serverless back-end architecture with TypeScript and Node.js on GCP for real-time optimized content based on user decisions on the mobile application.
- Implemented and configured CI/CD pipelines and testing in distinct for QA, staging, production, and test environments.
- Supported React Native mobile application deployments, enhancements, and fixes for iOS and Android.
- Implemented the database and API security rules for shared and user-specific content.
Technical Consultant | Engineer
- Designed and developed a custom dashboard application in Airtable for internal staff to run patient meetings and gain insights via visualizations.
- Designed a custom tagging system to update dashboard contents without touching a line of code. Using Airtable SDK and APIs and React.
- Designed and implemented relational database strategy in Airtable and automation for data ingestion from Typeform to Airtable to process and update new records.
Lead Developer — Mobile
- Developed a mobile app to select feature-to-feature parity with the web app for the collaboration platform within a news agency; news article submission/collaboration.
- Implemented reusable custom form solution components for news article pipeline submission.
- Implemented Facebook login SSO for Android and iOS.
- Integrated the Google Places API with user registration autofill on sign up.
Giftsy (via Toptal)
- Developed a Chrome extension to save gifts online to Giftsy.io.
- Built a custom UI by extending native Chrome extension UI using iFrames.
- Automated the login process to Giftsy Chrome extension using a combination of local and Chrome storage.
- Implemented custom UI popups for login, failure, and success messages from the Chrome extension using content scripts.
- Supported the deployment of the Chrome extension on the Chrome web store, including permissions validation for manifest.json.
- Implemented messaging patterns between popups and background scripts to manage UX.
Fuji-Xerox Palo Alto Labs (via Toptal)
- Designed and implemented template EHR message integration between custom healthcare solutions deployed on AWS and the EHR system of choice.
- Added a tooling codebase to the existing deployment to allow multiple solution deployments from the same environment with CloudFormation. Performed changes to bash scripts and YAML templates for CloudFormation.
- Added custom events and actions to existing AWS Lambda functions in Node.js.
- Documented technical and functional user guides for end users, deployment teams, and implementation teams.
- Updated the existing AWS infrastructure for EHR Integration; changes included AppSync and GraphQL schema, authorization providers, and lambda functions.
- Evaluated and tested integration engines like HL7, FHIR, and more for production-ready, bidirectional healthcare data integration to and from an AWS Serverless solution.
- Customized a React web app to take new parameters for the back end.
- Supported bugs and fixes for the React web application.
- Designed user journeys for multiples roles on a film set to digitally record contracts, timesheets, and reports on mobile and desktop.
- Designed a RESTful API for dozens of interrelated objects/tables (MySQL) using a controller/service/repository structure for the long-term flexibility of the platform.
- Created multiple access levels per company with JWT authentication and expiration for a RESTful API using role and attribute-based access control.
- Designed and implemented a search API with server-side filtering and pagination to be used as an observable with an Angular front end.
- Designed a contract templating module integrating third-party e-signature software into native mobile (iOS/Android) and desktop browser applications.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a responsive customer-facing website using Figma, HTML5, CSS3, and Firebase Hosting.
- Implemented auto-deployment of the API through GitLab CI/CD to AWS, and implemented PM2 to re-spawn the API after deployment pushes.
- Integrated SendGrid API to the back-end Node.js/Express.js API to send emails for user registration, reset password, and company/role access updates.
- Implemented a mobile (Ionic/Angular/TypeScript/Cordova) and desktop Angular/TypeScript applications with SOLID programming principles, async/await, and functional programming patterns.
Pre-sales Solution Architect
- Led technical sales cycles across all verticals of NetSuite and Oracle: distribution, retail, eCommerce, financial services, general business, software, and professional services.
- Contributed to closing over $10 million in sales yearly as a sole architect working on over 200 opportunities.
- Internally optimized the sales team's workflow and tools to gain efficiency and increase productivity.
- Responded to RFP in long and short format, presenting in front of dozens of stakeholders to gain credibility and client confidence.
- Designed, estimated, and priced project activities across sales, procurement, financial management, order management, fulfillment, and warehouse management.
- Won Gurus Sales MVP of the year in 2018, working in a team of 15.
- Detailed technical requirements gathering and analysis for integrations, customizations, and functional implementation of enterprise software systems.
- Designed systems integration between Shopify, NetSuite, 3PL for an enterprise retail client.
- Designed systems integrations for multiple client projects between NetSuite, Shopify, and WMS and 3PL systems for enterprise retail and distribution clients.
- Created an application for track athletes to record complex exercises and keep a log of training in a calendar.
- Utilized Firebase API to connect an Angular front end with a real-time database—Firebase.
- Designed a visual prototype (45+ screens) using Sketch.
- Built and deployed to iPhone for alpha user testing.
- Implemented calendar search functionality to filter which exercises were completed on which days.
- Created reusable UI components and pages using Angular/TypeScript (Ionic) for a mobile application.
ERP Consultant and Developer
- Designed and implemented a custom quote approval workflow using SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and SuiteFlow.
- Led data migration and harmonization activities for implementation projects using Excel and CSV files.
- Led requirements gathering for project design, implementation, and development activities for NetSuite implementations.
- Supported maintenance tasks for a batch scripted class membership system.
- Assessed and implemented a commissions tracking and payment automation for a multi-tiered sales team of over 45 individuals.
- Became a fully certified NetSuite Cloud developer, SuiteCommerce developer, ERP consultant, financial user, and administrator all in five months.
- Detailed requirements gathering and analysis for system implementation and scripting customizations.
- Worked on the eCommerce team to customize cart and checkout experiences with custom shipping methods and prices while integrating general ledger and database of transactions to the NetSuite core.
- Developed client and server-side applications for custom business logic across organizations involved in retail, distribution, technology, health, manufacturing, and professional services.
- Configured custom workflows and automation with SuiteFlow.
- Scripted custom batch invoicing processes, quote merge tools, billing automation, and other transaction processing automation.
- Developed RESTful integration scripts using RESTlets within NetSuite to communicate with other systems.
- Contributed to requirements gathering, documentation, and analysis for solution design with scripting.
- Characterized neuroglial responses to drugs.
- Created a new methodology for measuring cell mobility of neural and glial cells.
- Contributed to post-doctoral manuscript for ALS/MS drug discovery and cell characterization.
- Plated, cultured, and tested various assays of mouse and rat neural cell cultures.
- Determined the statistical significance of cell responses by morphology, mobility, and growth.
YouTube NFT Drop
Get more subscribers by creating NFTs that mean to them and making it so that they can only be redeemed if they were subscribed before X date.
Incentivize getting in early to grow faster and create stronger bonds with your community.
Login with your Youtube Account and upload an image to create your drop.
Send the link to your subscribers to have them redeem it!
Main contribution: smart contract development and integration.
Team Canada Decathlete
Sales MVP 2018
Further detail can be elucidated during an interview.
Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Redux, Angular, Ionic 4, Ionic 3, Angular Material, Express.js, Jasmine, Bootstrap, Swagger, Ionic, React Native, Chrome, Flask, Jinja, Protractor, YARN, OAuth 2, Tailwind CSS, Cypress
Chart.js, NetSuite API, Node.js, REST APIs, React, Chrome Application SDK, Firebase Web SDK, Chai, PostgREST, Typeform.io, Moment.js, QuickBooks API, RxJS, jQuery, Google APIs, Google API, Google Sheets API, Web3.js, Shopify API, Flask-RESTful, SendGrid API, D3.js, AG Grid, NgRx, Salesforce API, Stripe API, Stripe, React Redux, Vue
Figma, Zeplin, SuiteBuilder, SuiteFlow, G Suite, Google Sheets, Mocha, Sketch 4, GitLab, Git, GitLab CI/CD, Microsoft Excel, SendGrid, Mailchimp, PM2, AngularFire, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS AppSync, Amazon Cognito, AWS Deployment, Google Docs, Firebase Authentication, AWS CloudFormation, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), BigQuery, Zapier, Cloud Dataflow, Google Cloud Dataproc, WebStorm, Chrome Developer Tools, Sketch, GitHub, Babel, NGINX, Karma, Google Analytics, SuiteTalk, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Greenhouse, Ghost, React Apollo
Web App Design, Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, API Architecture, RESTful Development, Agile, Kanban, Design Thinking, Human-centered Design (HCD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Asynchronous Programming, Functional Programming, REST, Requirements Analysis, Lambda Architecture, Serverless Architecture, ETL Implementation & Design, HL7 FHIR Standard, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), Microservices, B2B, Test-driven Development (TDD), ETL, Mobile Development, Server Side/Client Side Object Model (SharePoint), DevOps
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Vercel, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, iOS, AWS Lambda, Ethereum, SuiteCRM, Blockchain, Webflow, Shopify, Google Cloud SDK, Linux, MacOS, Oracle, Docker, Salesforce, Android, Salesforce 1, Azure, DigitalOcean, Kubernetes
Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL, Cloud Firestore, JSON, Google Cloud, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Storage, Firebase Realtime Database, PostgreSQL, Databases, SQLite, Relational Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), XML Parsing, Amazon DynamoDB, Google Bigtable, NoSQL, Dell Boomi, Data Integration, MongoDB, Redis
Architecture, Leadership, Web App Development, Web Development, Back-end, Typeform, Accounting Software, NetSuite, NetSuite OneWorld, Algorithms, User Flows, User Journey Maps, User Journeys, APIs, Tech Sales, Pitch Decks, Sales Pitches, Elevator Pitches, Firebase Cloud Functions, Airtable, Financial System Implementation, Chrome Extensions, Google Cloud Functions, Front-end, Full-stack, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Web UI, Strapi, Business Services, Project Consultancy, Content Management Systems (CMS), API Integration, Google Workspace, Front-end Development, CSV, Cloud, Full-stack Development, Websites, Website Setup, Google Cloud Build, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Automated Deployment Scripts, Google BigQuery, Google Pub/Sub, Cloud Architecture, Data Architecture, Management Consulting, Data Structures, Data Strategy, CSV Export, Material Design, Data Visualization, Responsive UI, Firebase Hosting, Login & Registration, Async/Await, QuickBooks Online, Usability, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Email Delivery, Salesforce.com Developer Certification, Single-page Applications (SPA), Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Hybrid Frameworks, Hybrid Apps, Reverse Engineering, Technical Documentation, Writing & Editing, Documentation, API Documentation, YML, Lambda Functions, Serverless, Deployment, Technology Guides, Implementation, System Implementation, Software Implementation, User Requirements, Business Requirements, Requirements, Integration, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Ethers.js, Back-end Development, Authentication, ChatGPT, IMAP, POP3, Technical Leadership, CTO, DApps, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), OpenAI API, Headless CMS, Charts, Visualization, Software Architecture, Google SEO, Chatbots, Web3, API Testing, Analytics, Intuit QuickBooks, Web Security, Plugins, Extensions, SEO Marketing, Crypto, Web App Automation, Software Troubleshooting, Google Data Studio, Pub/Sub, eCommerce, Manufacturing, Financials, Distribution, Professional Services, CRM Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Neuroscience, Healthcare IT, Mailchimp API, Wikis, Security Groups, Ajax, Application Security, Amazon Cognito User Pools, OAuth, Amazon API Gateway, Mobile Apps, Mobile Architecture, EHR, HL7, Integration Tools, Hardhat, IPFS, Web Scraping, Apollo, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Email Campaigns, Email, Design, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Networking, HubSpot, LangChain, Server Security, OpenAI, OpenAI GPT-3 API
Bachelor's Degree in Neuroscience
McGill University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
SuiteSuccess Warehousing/Distribution Certified
Salesforce Platform I Developer